What to do with Seabass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Shows his cap number as only $2.25 mill on Rotoworld, not sure if that's accurate. But, why not keep him at that point? Maybe @Miguel knows more about his contract specifics but I love the idea of having two really good OTs in Solder (even though Freeney owned him in the SB lol...) and Cannon with Vollmer as a backup and all 3 can play both tackle positions. Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire too because he's been beaten up pretty badly, great player when healthy though.

Miguel keeps saying that he expects retirement based on recent photos of Vollmer showing him having lost considerable weight.
Good for him, Alan Faneca lost a bunch after he retired and even ran a marathon.

steelersmarathon.jpg

Probably best Vollmer retires at this point, good 2nd round pick by BB. Wasn't even invited to the combne.

Wish him well in his post-N.E. Patriots career, whatever that may be.

You do nothing, except wish him a healthy retirement and hope he sticks around the area. Great player, tough guy, multiple all pro RT, and a credit to the organization. Keep him in the organization, and continuing spreading NFL football in Germany.

He's made a ton of money. He's got 2 rings. Time to move on.

I wish him the best in whatever he does going forward!

Gotta go OT in the top 100, wherever that ends up being. I was surprised that they didn't address it last year.

In a league where the average player lasts 3.3 years, he has been there for 8 now.. he will also be 33 by the time the Pats hit Training Camp, time to move on and become involved with life after the NFL..

As others have said he seems to have dropped a lot of weight and seems to be preparing to end his NFL career.

I expect he'll be released and retire.

Gotta go OT in the top 100, wherever that ends up being. I was surprised that they didn't address it last year.

After the early blue chip players in the top 20 there really is not much difference between the linemen that are taken until like the fourth round. Very late day 2 or very early day 3 seems like the sweet spot unless an opportunity presents itself..

After the early blue chip players in the top 20 there really is not much difference between the linemen that are taken until like the fourth round. Very late day 2 or very early day 3 seems like the sweet spot unless an opportunity presents itself..

Maybe Waddle can continue to be the backup OT.

Reportedly he was playing very well in Detroit before his injury, and now he is a couple of years removed from that.

I don't know if he got in a game at all last season, and he was inactive a lot, but maybe Scar sees something in him to work with. Good reserve OTs are hard to find in a league lacking enough that are even good starters.

Let's trade him to the Bucanneers for 2nd round picks in their next two drafts!

We're having a neighborhood bratwurst party next month. I'll invite Seabass and pump him up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes