PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What to do with Isaiah Wynn

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Guy got benched in the Packers game... Benched and I didnt even notice... though I should have...

hes not a all time great tackle.... but he's also not Alex Leatherwood or Tony Mandarich by any stretch of the imagination, though some will try to lead you to believe that... with that said though, he's playing like crap, tbh... its like he has zero motivation out there... lackadaisical blocks, getting out hustled... there is no reason any edge rusher should be able to run wide right around him... but we've seen it time and time again.. one half hearted push by wynn, and wham, the qb is eating grass...

We have seen in the past that the guy can play... its a contract year for him... I'd like Billy Yates to take it upon himself to make Wynns life truly miserable until he snaps out of it and starts playing... think he's going to be able to take his head outta his ass and start playing football?

If we want to subscribe to what PFF provides, in the GB game he rec'd a pass block grade of 21.2

Blocking dummies score at least a 30

Hes checked out. Trade him for beer or something

It's also the costly penalties, the "I don't care attitude", not showing up for OTA's etc.

When motivated, he's not a horrible tackle, but honestly, once Cannon came in, the offense was better, there were no false starts or holding penalties. At this point, I am inclined to stick with Cannon at RT. With him and Onwenu on the right side, we know they will be able to open holes for our running game.

Not sure we'd be able to trade him after the last game.

Seems like a few of the sacks have been due to miscommunication rather than inability to block… although he has been beat bad a few times as well.

Not that it makes it any better, head is in the clouds either way. But It seems like he’s mentally not with it so far this year

Im not sure if cannon is the answer or can last the year, but he should probably get a chance until he proves he can’t. Once cadjuste is healthy id see what i can get for wynn.

It's also the costly penalties, the "I don't care attitude", not showing up for OTA's etc.

When motivated, he's not a horrible tackle, but honestly, once Cannon came in, the offense was better, there were no false starts or holding penalties. At this point, I am inclined to stick with Cannon at RT. With him and Onwenu on the right side, we know they will be able to open holes for our running game.

Not sure we'd be able to trade him after the last game.
5 penalties in 4 games..

jesus-h-christ-god-damn.gif

Guy got benched in the Packers game... Benched and I didnt even notice... though I should have...

hes not a all time great tackle.... but he's also not Alex Leatherwood or Tony Mandarich by any stretch of the imagination, though some will try to lead you to believe that... with that said though, he's playing like crap, tbh... its like he has zero motivation out there... lackadaisical blocks, getting out hustled... there is no reason any edge rusher should be able to run wide right around him... but we've seen it time and time again.. one half hearted push by wynn, and wham, the qb is eating grass...

We have seen in the past that the guy can play... its a contract year for him... I'd like Billy Yates to take it upon himself to make Wynns life truly miserable until he snaps out of it and starts playing... think he's going to be able to take his head outta his ass and start playing football?
Hated the pick from the start cannot believe we picked up his $11 Mill option. He's definitely living up to that. :rolleyes:

Seems like a few of the sacks have been due to miscommunication rather than inability to block… although he has been beat bad a few times as well.

Not that it makes it any better, head is in the clouds either way. But It seems like he’s mentally not with it so far this year
Mentally not with it... seems fair to say... we just dont see the effort... if any DE wants a sack, just run to his outside shoulder, he will give you a little push and let you be on your way to Pocket Town

Before the season, I thought it would be crazy to actively get rid of a starting tackle with the lack of depth below him. Now, I just consider him part of the lack of depth.

I'm sure that number would have been higher if he played the full game against GB. ;)
And we would have the invisible man playing QB. I am sure the Lions are hoping he plays Wynn can make a bad Defense look good in a hurry. :rolleyes: Wynn definitely gives us the best chance to Wynn.

Think Scar would be amenable to come in and have a little come-to-jesus talk with him? Maybe inspire him a bit?

Trade him to the Chargers to replace Slater. He's talented, but not very durable and I don't think he has any dog in him. He's just not consistently locked in.

Think Scar would be amenable to come in and have a little come-to-jesus talk with him? Maybe inspire him a bit?
The thing that gets me is how could you be this bad in a Contract year?? Really hope he's saving his money.

What they should have done is not picked up his option and not traded Mason.

But they can't put the toothpaste back in the tube...

Maybe they can trade Wynn but who replaces him? Cannon? They just sent him back to the PS.
We saw the signs like night and day. :rolleyes:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back