PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What to do with Isaiah Wynn

Nothing… let him walk after this season if you can’t trade him.
I think this as well... If they are stuck with the Cap Hit hes still probably more useful on the roster as a backup than cutting him and having to sign a street FA as a backup?

What they should have done is not picked up his option and not traded Mason.

But they can't put the toothpaste back in the tube...

Maybe they can trade Wynn but who replaces him? Cannon? They just sent him back to the PS.
Or could have re-signed Karras. I'd happily take Karras or Shaq over Wynn.

I think this as well... If they are stuck with the Cap Hit hes still probably more useful on the roster as a backup than cutting him and having to sign a street FA as a backup?
If they can trade him, there is no cap hit... its literally saving 100% of the balance of the contract because its fully guaranteed...

To me, it's the instances that even a total non-expert like myself can see him costing us points and killing drives. Every single game, you can point to at least 2 drives that were successful before suddenly going kaput from him missing blocks or getting penalties. He wasn't an all-pro before but you could win with him. He wasn't this bad. Something is off.

What they should have done is not picked up his option and not traded Mason.

But they can't put the toothpaste back in the tube...

Maybe they can trade Wynn but who replaces him? Cannon? They just sent him back to the PS.
Mason wasn't great for us last year and ask Tommy how he's doing down there in TB.

Also, we had no choice in picking up his option, Cannon wasn't on the team and we all saw how Herron looked at RT.

To me, it's the instances that even a total non-expert like myself can see him costing us points and killing drives. Every single game, you can point to at least 2 drives that were successful before suddenly going kaput from him missing blocks or getting penalties. He wasn't an all-pro before but you could win with him. He wasn't this bad. Something is off.
Imagine if he was @ LT no forget about imagining .:eek:

Mason wasn't great for us last year and ask Tommy how he's doing down there in TB.

Also, we had no choice in picking up his option, Cannon wasn't on the team and we all saw how Herron looked at RT.
Should have re-signed Karras then. Was great for us. Not sure he's been great for Cincy but he was very good for us and gives us depth for Andrews.

Should have re-signed Karras then. Was great for us. Not sure he's been great for Cincy but he was very good for us and gives us depth for Andrews.
From what I heard, they tried, but were outbid by Cincy. I think next year, we're looking at a Brown/Strange/Andrews/Hines/Onwenu. Would like to upgrade Andrews, but he is what he is.....but as is, with Cannon in there at RT, I believe we still have a top O-Line in the league.

Trent Brown is one of the if not the Best LT in the game right now.
That situation with him worked out great, nobody is willing to guarantee him much money.

I didn't think Mason was that great, but he was way more deserving to stay than Wynn. Wynn is one of those rare players that got rewarded for absolutely no reason.
Yeah, I think the issue with Mason is pass blocking, with Wynn it's attitude/motivation. I would have thought on a contract year, he'd be super motivated to perform his best. Games 1-3 he wasn't horrible, but game 4 was an absolute disaster!!!

I didn't think Mason was that great, but he was way more deserving to stay than Wynn. Wynn is one of those rare players that got rewarded for absolutely no reason.
Regarding BB I guess you can fool yourself when you shop for the groceries too. I would have walked away empty handed.

By the way, who else do you think gets traded by the deadline? Depending on their record, I'm leaning towards Harris going to a contender allowing Rham to take over.

By the way, who else do you think gets traded by the deadline? Depending on their record, I'm leaning towards Harris going to a contender allowing Rham to take over.
I think they will move a receiver, probably Bourne or Agholor to make room for Thornton reps.

Honestly, I’d like to see them trade anyone who won’t be on the team long term. Agholor and Wynn would be great to move. Not sure they can move Harris since playing Rhamondre without a quality back up is playing with fire (if they dealt Harris and Rham goes down there is no starting caliber back on the team).

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back