PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What should the punishment be for the Eagles?

Jlaff

Early Bird Specials
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
We all saw the Sunday Night Football tank job from Pedersen:

Doug Pederson on QB change: "I was coaching to win" - ProFootballTalk

What do you all think the punishment should be? Simply moving them back to 9th in draft order (by all accounts the loss moved them up to 6th) isn't enough. I think this kind of misconduct requires stripping a first round pick.

Thoughts?

Totally messed up what he did. He puts in feckin’ Sudfeld in the 4th.

Tank job.

He only did what Oberfuhrer Goodell demanded he do. The Midgets making the playoffs would have been a total embarrassment and a repudiation of Goondell's azzhat team parity initiative.

No punishment. Not sure what they did is stipulated as against the rules. The league should take some steps to decrease the likelihood of tanking games. I suggest the like the NBA teams, all, non playoff teams be placed in a lottery with different odds to win picks 1-10

they should be celebrated ! Haven’t you heard ?

According to 2/3 of Patsfans, Tanking is the new Winning ! I mean, imagine how stupid BB looks now that he beat the NYJ on Sunday : by moving down from 11 or 12 to 15 he set back the franchise a decade or MORE !!! More !

We’ll never get out of this massive hole BB out is in - FOUR or FIVE slots ! In the draft !

Philly, and their one SB, are sooooooooo much better off than NE. So much.

According to 2/3 of Patsfans, Tanking is the new Winning ! I mean, imagine how stupid BB looks now that he beat the NYJ on Sunday : by moving down from 11 or 12 to 15 he set back the franchise a decade or MORE !!! More !

We’ll never get out of this massive hole BB out is in - FOUR or FIVE slots ! In the draft !

I'd rate your post 5/5 treadmills if I could :p

Actually, Philly is in better shape than us. If they can find a real coach, they already have a QB, and now, a chance to draft a stud #1 WR. Two things you cannot win without in the NFL and two things we do not have. WE are a 2 -3 win team that managed to win 7 games. Now we pick in the middle of the draft which makes our chances of getting a decent QB almost zero. Our six Superbowls are absolutely meaningless today, in the 2021 season and beyond. We are not going to contend anytime soon. It is simply logical to place the long term future ahead of winning meaningless games, That doesn't make us lesser fans as is the sentiment I see here so often.
And rooting for the team to lose and rooting for them to tank are two different things. I think most people here would agree. I just wanted them to lose in order to make the path to rebuilding easier.
And for all your histrionics the difference between ten and fifteen could easily be the difference between getting a stud or another dud. This win was not inconsequential. Maybe the difference between getting a stud #1 WR that we desperately need and being to forced to draft a guard or tackle to get value with our pick. We absolutely need to get an All Pro with this first round pick. We've had too many consecutive bad drafts. A top ten pick gave us the best chance to do that. Actually, a top five pick did, but that ship sailed with disasterous "wins" against Baltimore and the Rams.

Actually, Philly is in better shape than us. If they can find a real coach, they already have a QB, and now, a chance to draft a stud #1 WR. Two things you cannot win without in the NFL and two things we do not have. WE are a 2 -3 win team that managed to win 7 games. Now we pick in the middle of the draft which makes our chances of getting a decent QB almost zero. Our six Superbowls are absolutely meaningless today, in the 2021 season and beyond. We are not going to contend anytime soon. It is simply logical to place the long term future ahead of winning meaningless games, That doesn't make us lesser fans as is the sentiment I see here so often.
And rooting for the team to lose and rooting for them to tank are two different things. I think most people here would agree. I just wanted them to lose in order to make the path to rebuilding easier.
And for all your histrionics the difference between ten and fifteen could easily be the difference between getting a stud or another dud. This win was not inconsequential. Maybe the difference between getting a stud #1 WR that we desperately need and being to forced to draft a guard or tackle to get value with our pick. We absolutely need to get an All Pro with this first round pick. We've had too many consecutive bad drafts. A top ten pick gave us the best chance to do that. Actually, a top five pick did, but that ship sailed with disasterous "wins" against Baltimore and the Rams.

I want what you're smoking.

Based on the results yesterday, the highest we could have picked was 13. Stop with the false narrative of the Patriots getting a top ten pick. And we didn't beat the Rams ... iirc we got thrashed rather soundly. Playing to lose is for losers...

I want some of what you are smoking. It's obviously so strong it's rendered yoiu completely incapable of mounting a reasonable arugument to my factual post.
1. They already decided to stick with pederson. Kicking the can down the road to his eventual firing in 21.
2. Their offensive line is in shambles. One of the worst in the NFL
3. They have 1 broken down qb with a horrible contract (60 mil dead cap hit if cut in the offseason). They still need to find someone willing to take on that contract. The other qb showed some flashes but in no way can you say the definitely have their QB.
4. Guys like fletcher Cox/Brandon Graham are getting older. They are like us in need of wr help and youth in the front 7.
5. Most importantly their current projected cap space in 2021 is horrible. They are going to be purging an already weak roster while we are in great shape cap wise.
6. They wouldn’t need an impact 1 wr if they take Jefferson instead of Reagor. Taking arcega-white side the year before. They have wr scouting issues as well.
So like someone already mentioned, I’ll take what you’re smoking.

Last edited:
Joined December 28th 2020

So what was your previous user name that got banned?

This is a really bad post. If you create a culture of losing do you know what you become? I’ll give you a hint, it begins with an L....

Have you ever heard of the salary cap? The Eagles are projected to be $73 Million over the cap in 2021. Good news is Wentz on carries $59M in dead money if they move on from him.

If Belichick ordered this team to lose games on purpose I’d want him gone. I wouldn’t be able to call him GOAT coach after that.

If Bill did this against the Jets yesterday there would be an investigation and loss of draft picks
That too. Do we really think Goodell wouldn’t?

Joined December 28th 2020

So what was your previous user name that got banned?
Stevenson again? Got so butthurt when I said Stidham is not very good. LOL

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes