PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What should the punishment be for the Eagles?

Actually, Philly is in better shape than us

Please go check on their salary cap situation which will result in a bloodbath of releases, then realize that they will have to trade away picks for someone to take Wentz off their hands -- just to save a sexy 1.4m or so for next year and then eat another 33M in dead cap -- if he really forces a trade because they can't afford to cut him and the fact that they have a lame duck coach who will be fired next year and more or less has proven that any success they had was more due to Frank Reich and please tell me where exactly they are in better shape than us ?

But then again I guess you might be blind enough to think that the Saints are also in better shape than us in the near future.

A poster called themselves Cam2HarryGOAT on purpose lol

Let's be real now.

If the Patriots lost games on purpose is there any doubt Goodell and the league would step in and at least strip the Pats of the draft pick that they tanked to get? Of course they would. Anyone with a brain knows that. So why was it a good idea again...?

In the series just before, Hurts bounced a pass to a wide-open guy in the end zone on 4th down. I think Doug was sending a message.

In the series just before, Hurts bounced a pass to a wide-open guy in the end zone on 4th down. I think Doug was sending a message.
The pressure he was getting had something to do with it. His feet were not set and he was moving to his left. Nonetheless I do not think Hurts is a good QB or will be a good QB

Not a disgrace like lying for the NFL regarding underinflated footballs but carry on...

Chris Mortensen finger wagging about integrity. Well, why the f not? Is that Hollywood producer Weinstein still alive? I am looking for some dating advice too.

Nothing will happen to them. Goddell only wants to be a disciplinarian when it comes to punishing Patriots. We get high/mid draft picks taken away for nothing and Jets can get away with text book tempering with a small fine, what else do we need to know lol.

First you have to prove.

Pedderson can say they were taking a look at their QB3 against a critical situation. BS I know.

The best punishment for Philly would be to force them to swap picks with the NYG and make them pick 11th instead of 6th, which is a worse position they would have been in if they actually won the game.

They rested 9 key starters and benched Hurts in the 4th. Can't get anymore blatant than that.

If Bill did this against the Jets yesterday there would be an investigation and loss of draft picks
This. Everyone else? *Crickets*

I want some of what you are smoking. It's obviously so strong it's rendered yoiu completely incapable of mounting a reasonable arugument to my factual post.
So Philly is in better shape than the Patriots even though the Patriots, playing without a functional QB this year, with no money last year in FA, losing their entire LB corps, their NT, strong safety, defensive leaders, etc., finished with a better record on a tougher schedule?

Oh, and the Pats have 55-80 million in cap space, depending on who sticks around, while Philly is $74 million OVER next year.

Great take there.

No punishment, but what goes around comes around. That was indeed disgraceful

If Belichick ordered this team to lose games on purpose I’d want him gone. I wouldn’t be able to call him GOAT coach after that.
he lost a game on purpose at seasons end i forget when now (was it the flutie dropkick game?)but it backfired and we lost to denver in playoffs.

Should PITT have been penalized for not doing all they could to win (by playing more starters)?

Yes, PITT had another agenda: resting players for a later game,

PHIL also had another agenda: to test another QB.
===========
I guess if we had ever put in Stidham, we could have been accused of not trying hard enough.

To be clear, what if we had starting Stidham, and had a couple of more starter sit out? In this punishable?

The best punishment for Philly would be to force them to swap picks with the NYG and make them pick 11th instead of 6th, which is a worse position they would have been in if they actually won the game.

They rested 9 key starters and benched Hurts in the 4th. Can't get anymore blatant than that.

So, you are proposing a new NFL ruling preventing teams from sitting players, should they choose to do so?

he lost a game on purpose at seasons end i forget when now (was it the flutie dropkick game?)but it backfired and we lost to denver in playoffs.
It was the dropkick Flutie game indeed.

They should have to erect a statue of Peterson deciding to send in Sudfeld.
I don't know if I would go as far as a statue.

Maybe a banner:p

Of all the things to get mad about with teams getting away with breaking the rules, this is the least of my concerns. Teams do this all the time. Not as blatant as this, but let's face it, it happens.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back