PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do we want to see at Training Camp

Every team is a superbowl favorite in training camp lol. Not sure what to look for maybe more zip in Mac's throws?

Those "injuries" didn't cause the collapse... Bad Football & an out-for-blood Bills team caused it.
Believe as you wish.

I have little doubt of the critical effect of losing Jon Jones and playing Bryant and others instead.

I’m looking forward to this year’s training camp “All Stars”. Every team has them.

From “he can’t be blocked”, “can’t be covered”, “can’t complete a pass on him”, “lights out throwing the football” to being “the best player out there”, you have to take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

I guess another thing i'm looking for in camp is; Mac's accurancy?
Who's Mac's binky, his third down guy like jules?
Hunter Henry Red Zone ace, like Gronk?
Brady went to 9 Super bowl with good recievers (not great, no H.O.F. yet) who made alot of tough catches. We just need Mac to pass to the sticks and recievers to run to the sticks, aka convert more 3rd downs and i feel we can be great again.

Last edited:
What I am looking for Training Camp (home run edition):

- Zappe outplays Hoyer by a wide margin. Hoyer fades into the coaching staff, Zappe applies some pressure to Mac but it doesn't matter because Mac is already in super savage mode.

- Cole Strange pile drives the entire DLine Day 1 of camp mins Barmore and Judon. Belichick is forced to rebuild on the fly.

- Jabrill Peppers. That is all.

- Tre Nixon outplays everyone but Parker and Bourne ..forces himself onto the team putting Meyers and Agholor on notice.

- Cole Strange plays ST on some snaps. Some guys never play football again after crossing his path.

-Mac Jones just made up a new handshake with each receiving option.

- Jack Jones locks up everyone he is lined up against.

- Mac Jones just gained .5 lb of lean mass and 4 yds on his deep throw...wow.

- Thorton is picking up the offense!

- Ronnie Perkins is NOT Sean Crable. sweet!

- Mac Jones just did the Gritty. Qeue the duck boats.

- Where's Nkeal Harry?

In order:

1. Mac Jones. Is he taking more command/leading the offense in practice? More zip on his passes. See how he looks in uniform from last year to this year.

2. The linebackers. I want to see who looks to be the first unit early on and see how much that changes. Can Uche run with the 1's? Can McGrone actually play? Where does Mack Wilson fit in the rotation? Do Anfernee Jennings and Ronnie Perkins exist? How much will we see the bigger less athletic guys (Bentley, McMillan) in the mix?

3. The receivers. Is there a chance Thorton pushes for any real amount of playing time early? How does Davante Parker look and can he step into that "number 1" outside spot? Is this the season where Jakobi gets phased out or does he step up another level to the 100 catch 1000 yard range?

4. The corners. Who the hell are going to be the outside corners? I honestly don't love any of the options. Mills isn't terrible but he isn't great and if he is our number one we're in trouble with Hill, Diggs, and a few decent receivers on the Jets. Maybe we get lucky and Marcus Jones surprises but the mix we currently have is a pretty motley crew.

5. Surprise cuts/trades. Just a few names that maybe have an off chance of getting moved in the summer: Agholor if Thorton looks like he can play right off the bat. Damien Harris (this one would really surprise me considering how Bill likes to keep a lot of backs but he did dump Sony last year) maybe a trade candidate if one of the rookie backs steps up. Maybe Wynn gets traded as well if he is angling for a long term deal and the team doesn't want to pay him (hopefully they don't). Lawrence Guy could get cut. Getting up there and makes decent money.

Last edited:
What I am looking for Training Camp (home run edition):

- Where's Nkeal Harry?
I'll see your "home run edition" and raise you a bizarro world
Where's Nkeal Harry?
Right now he's in Jamaica doing speed training with Usain Bolt. Nkeal ran a 4.2 forty this morning.
Last week he trained with Randy Moss and was so good Randy said "he's better than I ever was ".

Where's Nkeal Harry?
Right now he's in Jamaica doing speed training with Usain Bolt. Nkeal ran a 4.2 forty this morning.
Last week he trained with Randy Moss and was so good Randy said "he's better than I ever was ".
John Tomase was your mentor?

Where's Nkeal Harry?
Advice to Harry, buy multifamily houses, secure your future because your NFL career is ending soon.

Maybe I am just getting old but I don't understand the point of this. You're an NFL athlete hanging on by a thread and you post pictures of yourself running on the beach in slow motion.

Maybe I am just getting old but I don't understand the point of this. You're an NFL athlete hanging on by a thread and you post pictures of yourself running on the beach in slow motion.
This is a couple years ago but the premise is still the same. I wish somehow things were different but he’s not mentally strong enough to be an NFL player.

This is a couple years ago but the premise is still the same. I wish somehow things were different but he’s not mentally strong enough to be an NFL player.
Him requesting a trade as a fringe NFL player in basically a last chance year told me all I needed to know about him.

Believe as you wish.

I have little doubt of the critical effect of losing Jon Jones and playing Bryant and others instead.
And then this year there is no Jackson. Defense is going to be tough to watch I think with the LBs too but I assume Bill will figure it out somehow. I am very interested to see if some of the skill guys can take a step forward in year two - particularly Smith and Agahlor.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back