PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What can Brady do that Rodgers can't...FS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only posting this to show how there are still those out there desperately clinging to the idea that Brady is just okay.

As I've said all along, had TB12 been a high profile draft pick, none of this would be said. It's comical and untrue, yet still stunning that it's out there.

In the end it's pure comedy gold and they don't even realize it. :)

Brady far more cerebral which equals read defenses, better decisions, more first downs, more points, more wins...

I've posted this elsewhere but....let's go with carry a team.

Tom Brady when throwing over 50 attempts moved to 6-2 in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning have never attempted 50 attempts. Not only that they are 2-4 and 3-9 respectively when throwing 40+ times. When they're forced to carry the entire load like Brady was against Seattle and Atlanta they simply cannot do it. Atlanta was over 60 attempts.

As an FYI the three QBs with wins when throwing 50 times other than Brady are Fouts, Eli and Kosar. All other QBs throwing 50+ are a combined 3-28.

Where was AR's comeback against Atlanta? Yes I know the Patriots D played a large part but it's not like AR lit it up in the second half. Manning vs Seattle and AR vs Atlanta and what Brady did against those two defenses about sums it up for QB of the 2000's and QB of the 2010's.
>>All other QBs throwing 50+ are a combined 3-28
Nice. I've seen that number before..

There has been so much ball-washing of Rodgers over the years I think people are beginning to buy into it hook, line and sinker. Sometimes I wonder why they don't score on every drive - man, if he is that good. But in the playoffs, the Packers have come up small a lot - and Rodgers has often been one of the causes. I think both statements are true 1) Rodgers is an excellent QB and 2) he is overrated.

I don't think Aaron is overrated, he's the third best QB I've ever seen behind Brady and Montana.

But the OP is silly. Brady has basically perfect 8-15 yard laser like accuracy. It's deathly consistent, and it's basically unstoppable. Revis says it himself in one of the NFL film clips. You can be right on a receiver covering him perfectly, and Brady will put the ball right in the one spot the receiver can catch it and he can't. Rogers can do the same thing of course, but just no where near as consistently.

Then there is the decision making, especially the 0-2 second timeframe where reads are made, and where Brady is basically unmatched.

I do not think Rodgers is the 2nd or 3rd best QB of all time. He has great physical talents but being a QB in the NFL is much more about decision-making and leadership than physical ability, particularly in the biggest moments. Too much is made of passer rating which favors the modern game. Basically Rodgers is probably not the greatest QB in Packer history - let alone NFL history.

Rodgers is a highlight reel. But the way he plays is not consistent enough to win like Brady. He holds on to the ball, runs around in circles and then makes a great throw. But thats not going to win you championships. I don't know if its on purpose or he just can't read defenses like Brady, so he forces himself into a position where he has to make incredible plays.

I would put some of Rodgers play style on the coaching he has, he should have quick reads and dump offs mixed into to his gun slinger game play.

Rodgers runs for 18 yards per game. The most overrated stat comparing the two.

My favorite stat of Brady's is that he has more postseason wins throwing 50+ times, by himself, versus everyone else in NFL HISTORY, combined.

Brady has 3 key things that Rodgers lacks...

#1 - Multiple Rings
#2 - Intensity
#3 - The ability to motivate teammates.

At this point I'm almost convinced Aaron Rodgers pays media members just to be mentioned alongside Brady in these conversations. What the hell is up with these types of headlines/stories/debates/etc... constantly popping up throughout the last few years?

At this point I'm almost convinced Aaron Rodgers pays media members just to be mentioned alongside Brady in these conversations. What the hell is up with these types of headlines/stories/debates/etc... constantly popping up throughout the last few years?

It has gotten annoying, but at least Rodgers really is an all-time great quarterback. Manning was not.

What makes Brady the goat is his depth of preparation. All the study and film and practice reps and situational training and taking care of his body. He wins his games off the field. Rogers may do all of that too, but Brady is off the charts.

What can Rodgers do that Brady can't?

Brady can run. He's not a cripple.
Brady can throw the ball while running. There's no locking mechanism preventing that, as we've all seen.

So, for someone to say that they're not talking about what someone does better, but about what someone can do that the other can't, they've got to find something that one guy can do, and the other can't. And there is nothing Rodgers does on the football field that Brady literally cannot do.

Rodgers' edge is how he uses his superior running. Brady's edge is how he uses his superior mind.

Advantage Brady

Aaron Rodgers is technically in his prime in terms of age. All I know is the season before last he had a dud of the season and people gave him the excuse that Jordy Nelson was hurt so they gave Rodgers a pass! Further, going into the beginning of this sat season Rodgers was playing subpar once again until he turned around in mid fall. AR may be the better athlete but he is definitely not the better football player or quarterback.

Brady has over Rodgers in Spades:
A. The greatest competitive spirit of anyone I've ever seen and organize sports. Jordan a very close second. ( all you need to do is look at that last Super Bowl or any game and where TB came back from a deficit, the dude never gives up - NEVER. How many quarterbacks could make that come back without their number one weapon on the field!? )
B. And amazing football IQ ( not saying Rodgers isn't a smart player but do you think he dedicates the amount of time and detail that's necessary to get to Bradys IQ/prep level? I doubt it )
C. Leadership ( Rodgers has said some pretty shady things about his coach, teammates and even Fanbase over the course of his career . Brady never has gone there ! Just imagine how Rodgers would've handled the deflategate...?)

Last edited:
What can Rodgers do that Brady can't?

Brady can run. He's not a cripple.
Brady can throw the ball while running. There's no locking mechanism preventing that, as we've all seen.

So, for someone to say that they're not talking about what someone does better, but about what someone can do that the other can't, they've got to find something that one guy can do, and the other can't. And there is nothing Rodgers does on the football field that Brady literally cannot do.

Rodgers' edge is how he uses his superior running. Brady's edge is how he uses his superior mind.

Advantage Brady
Brady is obviously the better QB, but let's not forget Aaron Rogers insanely fast release, even while running.

Bart Starr's teammates worshipped him, would have run through a wall for him. That is why Rodgers will never be the greatest QB in Packer history.

Telling that, like Manning, people give Rodgers a pass if he's not surrounded by all-pro talent.

TFB's greatness isn't (like Montana's) predicated on throwing to Jerry Rice every year, or the equivalent (backed by an all-start cast of other pass-catchers.)

He's the guy that gets a "#1 receiver" out of Reche Caldwell or David Givens, or Troy Brown for that matter, who has skills but not "Best in the game" skills.

You also have to credit Belichick. He sees what he has and he says, if I have the best slot receiver in the game, slot receiver will be important on this team (the Welker/Edelman phenomenon)... then he'll move the slot guy to the outside with impunity. Not that other teams don't do this, but I've seen teams do the equivalent of "Oh man Randy Moss is gone game over man game over all we have is this slot guy."

He saw that TE could be a much more dangerous position, the talent was there (he'd been taking his shot at TE for a while in the draft,) and finally struck gold.... now the game has followed him into the "TE can be a weapon AND a blocker" theory.

And Brady makes it work, whether feast or famine. Some serious football scholars tell me: How many ways to beat you did Montana have? And that's comparing to the previous GOAT. How many ways can Rodgers really beat you, when the chips are down? Other than saying "but he can run too," I don't see the Packers changing their game week to week the way the Pats do... not to mention the built-in resilience that breeds when coping with injury.

I dunno, you guys tell me. Am I just exaggerating this, or is it a definite Patriots hallmark in the Brady/BB era?

If not, what happened to David Givens when he went to Tennessee? The only ex-Pat receiver I remember making a dent was Welker at the donks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes