PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Were you rooting for another Atlanta meltdown on Sunday Night?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Were you rooting for another Atlanta collapse on Sunday Night?

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 83.1%

• Total voters
No. For two reasons.

One, it's not "personal" with the Falcons. I like Ryan. I think the Owner is goofy, but that's not a crime; he's apparently very good to his staff and fans. So, I wouldn't root against them like that. With the Colts and Ravens, after Deflate-gate, it's "personal."

Two, I'm still more afraid of facing Rodgers and the Ghost of Lombardi in a Super Bowl than Ryan and the Falcons. So, I'd never be pulling for them to get that kind of momentum.

I had a bet on GB over 21.5 or 22.5 so I just wanted them to score and not miss the XP.

I just got my over with a garbage time TD, GB is putrid.

Yes but Rodgers is not TB12. Would have been a real blow for the fans in Atlanta and would have psychologically broken the Falcons who could not handle the psychological trauma of opening night in New England. In retrospect opening night or early may be the best way to have a chance against New England which is integrating new parts.

dont-think-about.jpg

I really didn't care.

I think it would be pretty cool if both the Pats and Falcons have great years and rematch in the Super Bowl, back to back years.

That's a scenario I'd like to avoid. I feel like we've already 'been there, done that'.....if we're going to win the Super Bowl I'd prefer it be against anyone other than the Falcons or Seahawks (yes, I'm being picky). I feel like enough time has passed with the Rams, Eagles, and Panthers that playing them again would be playing completely different teams.

That's a scenario I'd like to avoid. I feel like we've already 'been there, done that'.....if we're going to win the Super Bowl I'd prefer it be against anyone other than the Falcons or Seahawks (yes, I'm being picky). I feel like enough time has passed with the Rams, Eagles, and Panthers that playing them again would be playing completely different teams.
Be fun to have some rivalry/familiarity though. Packers and Rodgers would be cool though.

Nah, lurking other boards I get tired of the Rodgers ball washing. Like it was said above, seems that the deniers needed someone else to polish when they lost that other guy with the ginormous forehead.

I don't really concern myself with the fortunes of NFC teams until the Pats play them.

I wasn't really rooting for another Falcons metldown because I like how Rodgers can't win from behind. That being said I did want the Falcons fans to squirm and they did a little after checking their gameday thread but I wanted it to go down to the wire, Falcons fans preparing the noose and then Rodgers choking again when it matters. That would have been perfect.

I don't have any reason to dislike the Falcons enough to wish they blew another massive lead. If anything, Green Bay is the team I dislike, due to how many denialist Brady-hating "football fans" have started pushing the absurd narrative that "Rodgers > Brady!!1" after SB 51. It's like they needed a new QB to ballwash & prop up after Peyton retired. Regardless, the Packers along with the Giants are the 2 NFC teams I dislike most.

You go on the Falcons forum, You'll start hating them. A few of them keep trying to push the narrative that Brady is in decline. Their obsession with the Patriots is mentally ill. We really did a number on them.

Plus let's not forget Arthur Blank's ignorant comments on framegate. F*ck that loser.

Last edited:
No, I don't have any ill-will towards the Falcons at all.. they're a team I would root for in the Superbowl, so long as it isn't against the Patriots

I hate Aaron Rodgers, so I could never root for the Packers again until he retires... Every game that Rodgers loses is another week I get to enjoy all the media heads open those flap holes making excuses for their shortcomings while proclaiming him to be the best Quarterback in the NFL

I don't understand how anyone could have ill-will towards the Falcons after what happened in the Super Bowl, unless you're carrying a grudge from a long time ago. I hate Arthur Blanks guts, but the Falcons as a team aren't bad.. Matt Ryan is a good, likeable guy and they have a talented roster of young players

If the Pats get knocked off this year, I wouldn't mind rooting for the Chiefs or Atlanta (tho my opinion of KC could change based on how the Pats are eliminated... yes I'm petty)... Watching Rodgers win another Super Bowl would leave me covered in my own vomit tho, that's for damn sure

I despise Discount Double Dork and his jumpy punk "look at me!" act every time he completes a broken play pass. The biggest narcissist in a league full of 'em.

You go on the Falcons forum, You'll start hating them. A few of them keep trying to push the narrative that Brady is in decline. Their obsession with the Patriots is mentally ill. We really did a number on them.

Plus let's not forget Arthur Blank's ignorant comments on framegate. F*ck that loser.

Yea I've glanced over there after the SB and I remember it being pretty toxic and immature. Although you'll see nearly the same level of irrational & delusional Brady/Pats hate on just about every team's forum.

No, I'd much rather see Aaron Rodgers melt down. I can't stand that guy. It's probably because of my disbelief that he gets mentioned repeatedly in the same sentence as Tom Brady. Mission accomplished on Sunday night!

Yea I've glanced over there after the SB and I remember it being pretty toxic and immature. Although you'll see nearly the same level of irrational & delusional Brady/Pats hate on just about every team's forum.

Yeah that's true for the most part with some exceptions such as the Bills forum. Pats have beaten them down so badly, their fans have no fight in them left. They're all waiting for Brady and Belichick to retire.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back