PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
College experience doesn’t matter. He has very little experience at all in the NFL. Nevermind that it’s a road game on a short week against the greatest defensive football mind of all time. If you want to throw in rain and wind and that the Giants don’t have much of a run game, sure, ok, you can pile it on the poor guy.

Bradys college experience playing in the cold at Michigan helped him in 2001...

Brady was the greatest bad weather QB in NFL history, long before he became the GOAT of the whole shebang. But IIRC, he hasn't had to face much bad weather over the last few years.

But you are right about his how his ball tends to go right through the elements. It's a bad break to have to play in what's expected. But it WILL make the game just a bit more interesting. The rain not only equalizes the play on the field, but greatly diminishes the advantage of the home field. Gonna feel bad for the crowd. It will be interesting to see just how many show up.
I tend to agree with this. Brady does have the edge, but rainy games can get gross and fluky. I think the Giants may prefer a game with really bad weather where just about anything can happen. Still think we smash em though.

Giants scounting report.

QB - Daniel Jones - Not much needs to be said here, a rookie who has shown some good and bad. I don't expect him to be able to do well against our D.

RB - Barkley, Gallman, Joe Hillman - If Barkley can't go you don't need to be too concerned about any other RB. Gallman is okay and everyone else is probably just bad. Gallman playing the Pats is highly questionable. Right now Barkley has maybe a 50/50 shot of playing but who knows? If he does play he won't be 100%.

WR/TE- Engram has become a bit more of a complete TE but is still a pass catcher first and good target and match up issue. Clearly their #1 option, but his status is in doubt. Shepard is a good but not amazing option and he will be out in any case. Bennie Fowler has seen a lot of snaps but not much in the way of results and was recently cut. Mostly because Golden Tate got his first action of the season, but didn't look ready yet. I don't suspect that to change in the next 4 days. Slayton and Latimer are pretty much JAGs.

OL - Solder, Will Hernandez, Jon Halapio, Kevin Zeitler and Mike Remmers are the starters and they've all been healthy. Without Scar Solder has regressed a tad IMO. Hernandez is a 2nd year player and has been only servicable. Halapio is another former Pats cast off and plays like it. Zieter is probably their best player on the line but he isn't elite. Remmers was pretty good not long ago but his play has dropped off recently.

DL - The Giants run a 3-4 with the very large rookie Dexter Lawrence as the anchor and from what i've read and seen he's done his job very well. Davlin Tomlinson is a very good player and BJ Hill is a 2nd year who is also playing at a solid level. They hold down the DE spots. None of their backups are any good which weakens what could be a very strong unit.

OLB/EDGE - This unit tends to utilize a 3 man rotation of Markus Golden, Lorenzo Carter and Oshane Ximines. Right now Carter is hurt and it has this unit a tad thin, but not as thin as others. IDK if Carter plays or not but he won't be as effective. Golden is subpar at best. Ximines is a rookie and plays like one. Carter is a 2nd year player whose only okay.

ILB - Ryan Connelly was a huge part of their D, but is now on the IR. Alex Ogletree is another starter who is also hurt. Tae Davis who was suppose to take over some duties is hurt too. Mayo is probably the main guy in this unit right now but I know little about him. PFF isn't a fan. This is a very banged up group with former practice squad guys seeing a lot of time. It should be easy to exploit any way we want to do it. Even if Olgetree plays (which IDK if he will) he should be gimpy.

CB - The Giants tend to exclusively use only 3 CBs. Janoris Jenkins, Deandre Baker and Grant Haley. Jenkins is pretty decent. Baker is a rookie and REALLY struggling. Haley is a 2nd year player that is only okay.

S - Antoine Bethea and Jabrill Peppers are the starters with Michael Thomas getting a few snaps as the back up. Bethea is up there in age and it shows. He's had a few good years but those are behind him. Peppers seems to be having a bit of trouble adjusting to his new team but is doing okay. Thomas is a pretty good player but if he was as good as some people thought he'd no doubt be on the field more.
Thank you for a good post on the opponents. I have listened to a couple of Giants podcasts, and they essentially agreed with you. This is a rebuilding year, and the injuries all over the place are a huge issue. The players are bought in to the direction and play hard. Like the Redskins game, it's hard to see how the Giants will score unless Barkley is effective. He is the key player for Dookie Daniel Jones to have a good night passing against a defense focused on the run. This team is a notch above the Redskins because they are not in chaos.

The highlight of the Patriots game most likely will be Tom Brady passing Eli's brother in all-time passing yards. I hope they show us a split screen Manning Face.

Should be fun.

giphy.gif

Always something when you play there...

No worries about Brady... great lineage for this...

(been waiting a while to use that one :) )

Thanks Climate Change! vote for AY! (sorry wrong forum)

Some had mentioned earlier it was gonna be 40 miles wind. Should be interesting to see the elements. I think the jints would welcome it for the simple fact that they’re short handed and knowing their defense sucks.

It's about time someone started discussing tonight's game including the weather...oh wait...

tenor.gif

We're on to the Giants

How is the current weather projection looking? From what I can see on weather.com, the hourly forecasts have let up quite a bit since I checked last night. The percentage of rain seems to have dropped through game time.

Thanks rover, while we are at it as a friend I think I should tell you...

3cxysp.jpg

...those shorts aren't helping your look :eek:

This plays right into the Giants strengths, and reduces the Pats' offensive variety. Really, really sucks.

I'm revising my score prediction downward substantially: Pats 64, Giants 3.

Better watch out for Goodell's goon squad. They will be measuring footballs at halftime...

Thanks rover, while we are at it as a friend I think I should tell you... (attention whore meme) ...those shorts aren't helping your look :eek:

Hmmm...

Fact 1: You've been here since 2018 with 6000 or so posts.
Fact 2: I've been here since 2005 with 6000 or so posts. So you're outposting me at a yearly rate of 7:1-ish.
Fact 3: I'm not thread-policing your threads.
Fact 4: You're thread-policing mine... embedding a link to yours.

giphy.gif

:)

Give the guy a break. Some people have you on ignore and can't see your threads...

Funny how folks that claim to have others on ignore respond to their posts but it is good to see them get out of their safe spaces once in a while. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference