PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly Marshall Faulk Bashing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Marshall Faulk is back at it

on nfln says , what he wants to know is that the if the pats win the sb with cassel , this team which is built on a team concept what does it do. Does it move away from brady since he is still recovering from a knee injury ? Eisen asked him surprised 'Are you saying ..what iam thinking ?" and then said there is no way they move brady. Faulk then says , 'humble pie' right here...
wow...

Start the Brady to the 49ers trade talks. A la Jim Plunkett.

Just kidding.

Yes, Faulk is an idiot. However, if we win the SB with Cassell, the Front Office will consider what is best for the team with all options open.

Yes, Faulk is an idiot. However, if we win the SB with Cassell, the Front Office will consider what is best for the team with all options open.

"However?????" Really? Really?

If Cassel somehow leads this team to a Super Bowl championship, I'll embrace a quarterback controversy with open arms.

Just to stand back and look at it objectively, IF Cassel became a great QB (even if it's system) and Brady for whatever reason couldn't put it together anymore, would you rather have Tom at QB for sentimental reasons?

That's not a likely scenario, but it's not unthinkable either. Tom with have some psychological things nagging at him every time he steps on the field from now on. I personally think he'll deal with it fine, but he won't be "the guy" solely because of what he's done. It will be a lot about what he can do now.

Last edited:

Ludicrous. No knock on Cassel intended, but Brady with his knee healed at 50% is better than Mattie. Better than 75% of Qb's in the NFL.

Brady has always wanted to be the best and I don't think he would step onto the field next season unless he knew he could give his all. Imo not knowing the guy personally my gut tells me if anyone can shake off psychological effects it would be Tom Brady. QB controversy? This talk is laughable at best.

Just to stand back and look at it objectively, IF Cassel became a great QB (even if it's system) and Brady for whatever reason couldn't put it together anymore, would you rather have Tom at QB for sentimental reasons?

That's not a likely scenario, but it's not unthinkable either. Tom with have some psychological things nagging at him every time he steps on the field from now on. I personally think he'll deal with it fine, but he won't be "the guy" solely because of what he's done. It will be a lot about what he can do now.

*sigh*

I know you love to speculate (a lot) but these ramblings are unusually absurd and sophomoric and make assumptions even a talking head wouldn't (unless it was sweeps week).....

*sigh*

I know you love to speculate (a lot) but these ramblings are unusually absurd and sophomoric and make assumptions even a talking head wouldn't (unless it was sweeps week).....

Alright Admiral Smarta$s, rebutt. Some of you guys love the snide injection but seem to hope someone else comes to bat to actually make a point.

So what do you do instead of speculate? Only talk about what has passed? Cuz that's the only other option for discussion. Thinking: it's hard work, but pays off.

Last edited:

Faulk always hates on the Patriots, you would think that the Pats crushed his dream or something...oh wait, NEVERMIND...........

Adam Schefter talked about it today. He said when Faulk suggested that the Pats trade Brady if they win the Super Bowl this year, he told Faulk that it was the stupidest thing he has ever heard. Faulk told him to think about and laid out an argument on how the Pats show they can win without Brady and could get a huge deal for Brady, etc. Schefter said he thought about it for a few seconds and then told Faulk that he thought it was the stupidest thing he has ever heard.

Wow! After watching this I think Deion may be as stupid as Faulk. A QB controversy? If Cassel plays well enough to create a QB controversy, how is he back on this team next year. Either he goes in free agency or he is franchised and traded. The only way that Cassel is back on this team is if he isn't good enough to create a QB controversy with Jamarcus Russell or Brodie Croyle.

Alright Admiral Smarta$s, rebutt. Some of you guys love the snide injection but seem to hope someone else comes to bat to actually make a point.

So what do you do instead of speculate? Only talk about what has passed? Cuz that's the only other option for discussion. Thinking: it's hard work, but pays off.

Well, I wasn't being a smartazz....you speculate that TB will have "psychological things" to deal with. If I ignore the "trade" jargon, I'm still left with the feeling you don't have a donkey's rear-end you have thought about this at all. Do I expect some anxiety until he actually tests his knee, sure, but I would guess that it is common for anyone. But to say it will occur "every time he steps on the field from now on." THAT is the absurd part I was talking about.

To yack out yer azz because you luv to talk out yer azz isn't necessarily a pay off.

I love how Eisen always eggs Faulk on, setting him up to say something stupid. It's pretty easy to get it out of him.

We really need to keep track of all these comments somewhere

Well, I wasn't being a smartazz....you speculate that TB will have "psychological things" to deal with. If I ignore the "trade" jargon, I'm still left with the feeling you don't have a donkey's rear-end you have thought about this at all. Do I expect some anxiety until he actually tests his knee, sure, but I would guess that it is common for anyone. But to say it will occur "every time he steps on the field from now on." THAT is the absurd part I was talking about.

To yack out yer azz because you luv to talk out yer azz isn't necessarily a pay off.

I think you're being a bit unfair here. Players coming off major injuries will often have it in the back of their mind for a long time, even after they've "tested" it. Depending on what happened, it will often never feel exactly the same, and every little twinge or tweak will send a shockwave of concern flying to the brain.

JSn's post was a bit hyperbolic, but it's not all THAT far removed from the truth for a fair number of players I've spoken with.

Well, I wasn't being a smartazz....you speculate that TB will have "psychological things" to deal with. If I ignore the "trade" jargon, I'm still left with the feeling you don't have a donkey's rear-end you have thought about this at all. Do I expect some anxiety until he actually tests his knee, sure, but I would guess LOL that it is common for anyone. But to say it will occur "every time he steps on the field from now on." THAT is the absurd part I was talking about.

To yack out yer azz because you luv to talk out yer azz isn't necessarily a pay off. This line is just mystifying.

Life isn't your favourite subject huh? I don't speculate without research very often. Your broad and sweeping panning of any of my additions to the forum make it sound like I handed out all my own rep points, too. You might be happier with me on your ignore list. Or maybe not, cuz you do like the jabs (even they lack that certain zing I expect around here).

For your edification:

This is from an article written by someone who underwent ACL surgery.

Fear of re-injury

A number of other reactions to injury can be caused by being sidelined and having plenty of time to worry. In one study, researchers found evidence that fear of re-injury, anxiety, and questioning of their own abilities to recover were reported by a significant number of injured athletes (6). More recent research (7), which investigated the subjective experiences of patients following ACL reconstructions, highlighted fear of re-injury as having associations with those who did not adhere to the rehabilitation programme. This fear may be linked to a reduction in self-motivation for such patients and avoidance rather than approach behaviours. Thus, what appears to be lack of motivation on the part of the injured athlete might actually be a symptom of emotional distress. Although these findings only represent qualitative data, there are implications for future researchers to establish if interventions to reduce this fear of re-injury might improve the adherence to rehabilitative programmes.

Statements from 1990 spec as this became an issue:

Recent research has shown that injured athletes experience simultaneous mood disturbance and lowered self-esteem. Due to a paucity of research on the coping methods of injured athletes, studies involving the coping methods of several nonathletic patient populations were reviewed. These patients benefitted primarily from a concrete, problem-focused, behaviourally orientated programme which minimises uncertainty. This approach is theoretically ideal for injured athletes, congruent with the goal setting and performance outcome emphasis common to exercise and sport training programmes but to date the effectiveness of these strategies for injured athletes have not been fully examined.

Another Study:

Rehabilitation is both a mental and physical process. Sports medicine has made great advances in the physical rehabilitation of injured athletes, but little attention has been given to the psychological rehabilitation of these athletes (Crossman & Jamieson, 1985; Gordon, 1986). In their study of how psychological strategies help in rehabilitation, Ievleva and Orlick (1991) found that fast healing athletes used more goal setting, positive self-talk strategies, and, to a lesser degree, healing imagery than did slow healing athletes. This suggests that psychological factors play an important role in injury recovery.

And on it could go. The point is, unless we just aren't going to talk about Tom any more (because that would be speculation, heaven forbid) only people who refuse to believe the guy will ever leave the team in their lifetime should get riled up if someone mentions a what-if regarding Tom's rehab.

I'm absolutely optimistic, but just as much as "what if we blow out the Jets tonight", I think "what if Brady isn't Brady anymore" is valid conversation fuel. It doesn't make me a hater, I don't think.

Life isn't your favourite subject huh? I don't speculate without research very often. Your broad and sweeping panning of any of my additions to the forum make it sound like I handed out all my own rep points, too. You might be happier with me on your ignore list. Or maybe not, cuz you do like the jabs (even they lack that certain zing I expect around here).

For your edification:

This is from an article written by someone who underwent ACL surgery.

Statements from 1990 spec as this became an issue:

Another Study:

And on it could go. The point is, unless we just aren't going to talk about Tom any more (because that would be speculation, heaven forbid) only people who refuse to believe the guy will ever leave the team in their lifetime should get riled up if someone mentions a what-if regarding Tom's rehab.

I'm absolutely optimistic, but just as much as "what if we blow out the Jets tonight", I think "what if Brady isn't Brady anymore" is valid conversation fuel. It doesn't make me a hater, I don't think.

I'll grant you I was a bit unfair but I have more positive regard for TB's mental will and perseverance than it appears many here do. I die a little each time I hear speculation for the sake of speculation from media or otherwise.

I think you're being a bit unfair here. Players coming off major injuries will often have it in the back of their mind for a long time, even after they've "tested" it. Depending on what happened, it will often never feel exactly the same, and every little twinge or tweak will send a shockwave of concern flying to the brain.

JSn's post was a bit hyperbolic, but it's not all THAT far removed from the truth for a fair number of players I've spoken with.

Example: My wife and I here hit by a truck that blew a stop sign 10 years ago. She was driving. To this day if someone approaches a stop-sign quickly, slowing down at the last minute, she cringes. The first time it happened, she started crying and had to pull over. My point is, it gets easier, but it won't ever go away. Take it to the bank.

Your broad and sweeping panning of any of my additions to the forum make it sound like I handed out all my own rep points, too. You might be happier with me on your ignore list. Or maybe not, cuz you do like the jabs (even they lack that certain zing I expect around here).

You must have me confused with someone else. Please pm me any negative comments I've made on your posts that were directed at you unfairly.

Example: My wife and I here hit by a truck that blew a stop sign 10 years ago. She was driving. To this day if someone approaches a stop-sign quickly, slowing down at the last minute, she cringes. The first time it happened, she started crying and had to pull over. My point is, it gets easier, but it won't ever go away. Take it to the bank.

My only point would be that everyone heals differently.

I'll grant you I was a bit unfair but I have more positive regard for TB's mental will and perseverance than it appears many here do. I die a little each time I hear speculation for the sake of speculation from media or otherwise.

It's not for the sake of speculation though. I've only been a fan for a couple of years and I feel totally ripped off at not seeing Tom do his thing for longer (so far). From what I know about the guy (which is about as much as most of us, I suspect) he will do well in the mental rehab aspect.

I think Carson Palmer is an example of what this sort of thing can do to a team. Bill has averted that kind of a melt-down, and that's because it's always about team. I'm only saying that if Bill had strong doubt Brady would be a good QB, his decision would be team first. Not that it's only his decision, of course.

Think about Chad Jackson. Tom wouldn't throw the guy the ball much. Why? Because he didn't trust him to catch it. Tom is like anyone else and doubt will affect his performance. Luckily we know he's a tough SOB and will probably come back with a vengeance. I just don't think the topic is too sacred to discuss rationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes