PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Mac Jones have any Trade Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this ought to be a very minor factor in our thinking. With the ******** job Bill did for him, we owe Mac at least a little consideration. Get him to a decent spot, where he might recover, and get what you get. WTF difference does it make whether it's 4 or a 5 or whatever? It's gonna be a pick in the crapshoot range anyway.

Failing that, simply let him go, and just regard it all as confirmation that in firing both Bill the GM and Bill the HC, we did the right thing.
If you try hard enough you can always find an excuse to give someone another shot. It’s time to move on from Mac. He’s a 4th round QB talent who pisses his teammates off with his pompous attitude.

As sanchize was for Rex ryan...
close... but sanchez did have two afccg appearances back to back...

If you want to stick with the jete, more like sam darnold was to todd bowles

Last edited:
49ers got a 4th rounder for Lance who has done literally nothing in the NFL and no realistic path to a starter job. If the Pats want to trade Jones maybe that's a good baseline to start from. IMO.
Done nothing is the key there. Far more bad tape out there on Jones than there is on Lance.

Done nothing is the key there. Far more bad tape out there on Jones than there is on Lance.
That's only thing I could find on Lance slim pickings. :rofl:
mariah carey girl GIF

If you try hard enough you can always find an excuse to give someone another shot. It’s time to move on from Mac. He’s a 4th round QB talent who pisses his teammates off with his pompous attitude.
I see no pomposity, but I do see in him the sort of person who might inspire jealousy in the insecure or vitriol in a bully.

close... but sanchez did have two afccg appearances back to back...

If you want to stick with the jete, more like sam darnold was to todd bowles
Pardon me sir, you are correct he did have those accomplishments on his resume.

I see no pomposity, but I do see in him the sort of person who might inspire jealousy in the insecure or vitriol in a bully.
Mac is exactly what his Alabama coach called him, 'McEnroe' without the success.

But he really wanted to be what his Alabama teammates called him, 'The Joker,' just one of the guys.

Sure, let's cut Mac, pay him his $2.1M and let his agent find a place for him to start his career as a backup.

Of course, the patriots have O'Rourke.

I suspect that there is ONE team in the NFL who would rather have O'Rourke over Mac. Of course, that team is the patriots, or rather the message board fans of the patriots.

I suspect that there is 4th round QB talent with jobs throughout the league with jobs as #2 and #3 QB's.

There are 64 jobs as #1 and #2 QB's, plus all the #3's and Practice Squad QB's.

Of these almost 100 QB's, how many do you think have better than 4th round talent?

Sure, let's cut Mac, pay him his $2.1M and let his agent find a place for him to start his career as a backup.

Of course, the patriots have O'Rourke.

I suspect that there is ONE team in the NFL who would rather have O'Rourke over Mac. Of course, that team is the patriots, or rather the message board fans of the patriots.
I don't think you realize that there are other factors to be considered, aside from QB play, when trying to start from scratch (that's what they are doing) the offensive side of the ball.

It is pretty clear from multiple reports, each with multiple sources, that there was major dysfunction on the O side of the ball, going back years. Ground zero of that dysfunction was Mac Jones.

Or do you believe Devin McCourty is one of the message board fans of the patriots, because that's exactly what he is recommending. You know, the 13-year DB veteran of the Patriots, who just happened to be there during the Patricia/OC time, and keeps in touch w/ his good friends Slatter and Andrews on what happened this season.

I don't think you realize that there are other factors to be considered, aside from QB play, when trying to start from scratch (that's what they are doing) the offensive side of the ball.

It is pretty clear from multiple reports, each with multiple sources, that there was major dysfunction on the O side of the ball, going back years. Ground zero of that dysfunction was Mac Jones.

Or do you believe Devin McCourty is one of the message board fans of the patriots, because that's exactly what he is recommending. You know, the 13-year DB veteran of the Patriots, who just happened to be there during the Patricia/OC time, and keeps in touch w/ his good friends Slatter and Andrews on what happened this season.
Yes, Devin is openly suggesting that the team move Jones. All the speculation of dysfunction being because of Jones is just that. The reality is that being waived or being traded to a team that wanted him would be a HUGE favor to Jones. Jones has ZERO chance of any success with the patriots unless Josh is brought back as Advisor or Assistant Coach. Send him to McVay and he will be somewhere backing up or starting in a couple of years. There are other places, but no one is ready to guarantee $2.1M. We might very well simply cut him and watch him win for another team, as they pay vet minimum for Jones as a #3 QB while he gets his full pay.

THE BOTTOM LINE
is that Robert should find a team that wants Jones (for a conditional 7th if necessary) or simply ask Mayo to waive him.

Every time I think that Mac is worth nothing and Fields is only worth a 3rd, I remember that the Dolphins gave up a second round pick for Josh Rosen. Maybe someone will hear McCourty and think that they are the right place for Mac to flourish.

He should have been traded last year. I highly doubt any team will take him now. Maybe- if we get lucky, a team does one of those pick swap deals for him. We give up Jones and a 7th and a get a 6th in return.

THE BOTTOM LINE
is that Robert should find a team that wants Jones (for a conditional 7th if necessary) or simply ask Mayo to waive him.
Bob doesn't make personnel decisions.

He should have been traded last year. I highly doubt any team will take him now. Maybe- if we get lucky, a team does one of those pick swap deals for him. We give up Jones and a 7th and a get a 6th in return.
That was never going to happen. If Zappe went down you're stuck with a scrap heap guy or Cunningham who didn't fit the Pats' scheme on offense last year as a QB (which is why they were trying to convert him to a WR).

49ers got a 4th rounder for Lance who has done literally nothing in the NFL and no realistic path to a starter job. If the Pats want to trade Jones maybe that's a good baseline to start from. IMO.
at least Lance is still a mystery, so you can have hope ... Mac, well, there's too much evidence.

Every time I think that Mac is worth nothing and Fields is only worth a 3rd, I remember that the Dolphins gave up a second round pick for Josh Rosen. Maybe someone will hear McCourty and think that they are the right place for Mac to flourish.
that was a heist!

Last year the thought was BoB can fix him...
Just gotta find the right kind of desperate to pull that off... Maybe hold on to him, see if any contenders lose their QB to injury early on next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3