PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Mac Jones have any Trade Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that he will stay as our #3, with the possibility that someone wants him during the draft or in camp.

As of now, I would say that all teams think that they could do better than paying a guaranteed $2.7M to Jones.

As I said, teams may be willing to pay for a backup when they don't get one in the draft or if someone doesn't work out in camp, or is injured.
===
IMO, Jones can continue for someone as a backup. It is unlikely that someone makes him their choice for franchise QB. But note, backup QB is a fine job.

I f I understnad correctly, folks think that if he isn't the patriots long-term solution, no team would want him for even for a backup job.

When we cut Jones, several team will be interested in him as a #2 or #3.

Nathan Peterman is still in the league with a team. If Jones is cut I would think he shouldn't have a problem making some roster.

Jones should have some interest across the league. He'll definitely catch on as a backup if he's released. Whether we can get anything back for is another question. Maybe a 5th or 6th - although Lance went for a 4th.

His current value is tantamount to a salvaged flooded car that has been restored and subsequently gotten into an accident.

the only way i see a team trading for mac if it were in their best interest, to move a over paid/under productive player for a cheap player that they will just cut or move to their practice roster

Would anyone trade Mac Jones straight up for Zach Wilson?
Wilson have first round arm and a ten cent brain which affects his decision making.

Regardless of trade value, I'm not even sure any team would be interested in a trade. Per previous reports, Mac was shopped last spring and then again at the trade deadline and showed no interest. Maybe this just means a team offered a future low rounder for him and the Pats balked, idk.

His value certainly didn't improve when Belichick, in his infinite wisdom, decided to relegate him to a 3rd stringer in the final game. Personally, if we can get a 2025, fifth or sixth rounder, I would do it.

For those saying we're better off keeping him, I strongly disagree. If even 50% of the reports are true, he needs to go. The team doesn't need a selfish dude like Mac around that's only going to further the dysfunction in the QB room.

There are 36 QBs available in FAcy, Rourke being one of them. If Rourke showed anything, I'd bring him back, simply because of familiarity. I would then target a bridge veteran from below (top 29 by snap%). I'm thinking a Minshew, Browning or Brissett should be good enough for 7 wins.

I would not give away valuable picks for Fields. We need our picks more than a Fields, who may or may not be the guy, and would only serve to create a QB controversy down the road.

Screenshot_20240201_092313_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240201_092408_Firefox.jpg

I actually think Mac would be a great fit for the Vikings. Cousins may well sign for another 3 years, but Mac could sit behind him and be #2, and probably improve a lot and be ready if another injury happens. That system and O'Connell would be a good guy to rebuild Mac (if he can be restored... I think he could)

But Mac? Mac literally burned the house down around him
Mac is to Belichick
As Ricky Williams is to Mike Ditka
As Meghan Markle is to Prince ****.......I mean..... Harry
As Wallace Simpson is to King Henry VIII
As Donna Rice is to Gary Hart

Mac is to Belichick
As Ricky Williams is to Mike Ditka
As Meghan Markle is to Prince ****.......I mean..... Harry
As Wallace Simpson is to King Henry VIII
As Donna Rice is to Gary Hart
as JaMarcus Russell was to Lane Kiffin

Would anyone trade Mac Jones straight up for Zach Wilson?
I would.

Zach had stretchs of good QB play last year, a couple times followed by going down to earth like a meteor like always, but at least he has a better arm.

I think both QB could have benefited from better situations but it is what it is. Great QBs don't hang into excuses and just perform.

To me this ought to be a very minor factor in our thinking. With the ******** job Bill did for him, we owe Mac at least a little consideration. Get him to a decent spot, where he might recover, and get what you get. WTF difference does it make whether it's 4 or a 5 or whatever? It's gonna be a pick in the crapshoot range anyway.

Failing that, simply let him go, and just regard it all as confirmation that in firing both Bill the GM and Bill the HC, we did the right thing.

Last edited:
Nathan Peterman is still in the league with a team. If Jones is cut I would think he shouldn't have a problem making some roster.
Joe ****inson said He urged Mac to have his people ask for a trade after his 1st season when Josh left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes