PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does Mac Jones have any Trade Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th rounder, or we send him and a 4th for a 3rd. He’s no worse than a Sam Darnold.

One thing to keep in mind; as we enter the 3d or so year of the GoToHell player-destruction plan (aka 17-game season w Thur night football) is that the league avg missed games for a starter is likely around 3 ( hard to tell somewhat w teams like Pats who fire their starter; [and I’m lazy & don’t feel like doing math today]).
-for a playoff cusp team, a middling to good backup is an insurance policy. So there will be a slight premium there over older comparison trade values.
- BL: I think anywhere in high3 (if they really believe he fixable) to 6 is reasonable. But as you can see from my range; completely unpredictable. Take what you can probably

timing also may play a role. If you can handle the “disfunction”; I think his value is closer to 5-6 now; but rises to peak 3-4 (2025 draft) by middle of TC as injuries occur around league.

a middling to good backup is an insurance policy. .
???

If Jones is a middling to good backup, he would stay with the patriots. After all, we should carry three QB's.

Absolutely!! Well after he throws for 3,800 yards, 34 TD’s, 5 interceptions, and leads the Pats to the AFC Championship Game. Otherwise, not so much!

???

If Jones is a middling to good backup, he would stay with the patriots. After all, we should carry three QB's.
Someone who burnt a bridge in one organization can be middling to good in another.

… ( or for our purposes; all we need is one of 31 teams to believe that he has a 50% chance of becoming that - 50% being also what I guess is about the same rate that 5-7 rounders make the 53 man rosters).

4th rounder, or we send him and a 4th for a 3rd. He’s no worse than a Sam Darnold.
But this is why teams that make the decision early get more in return. If you wait until the player is in his final year, his draft value diminishes a lot. The 9ers and Jets got a nicer return because they made the decision to cut bait early. If Mac were traded after last season, he could've been worth a 3rd rounder easy by himself.

Truthfully, I’d be stunned if we got anything more than a 5th for him. The entire league knows he’s damaged goods and he doesn’t have the kind of physical and/or mental traits that teams are going to invest a lot in as a reclamation project.

The same coaches who brought along Matt Cassel and even Tom Brady, and hell, Bailey Zappe!
Patricia and Judge brought along Brady & Cassell. Lol, this ^^^ guy.

Sure Mac has trade value.

Mac +a 6th rounder and an agreement to absorb his cap charge, for a 7th. Maybe we can thrown in Davante Parker and a 3rd to sweeten the deal.

Negative value is value, right.

He is a broken QB that lost his locker room
Hopefully to a team that thinks they can fix the player who went to a ProBowl
If we get a 5th. I would be thrilled.
Anything higher would have me doing the Jitterbug

Which one of you goes by Will Smith on X?

He is a broken QB that lost his locker room
Hopefully to a team that thinks they can fix the player who went to a ProBowl
If we get a 5th. I would be thrilled.
Anything higher would have me doing the Jitterbug
Can we stop with the pro bowl stuff. He was like the 18th pick at QB because so many guys were injured or backed out. Everyone at the time knew it was a joke.

Can we stop with the pro bowl stuff. He was like the 18th pick at QB because so many guys were injured or backed out. Everyone at the time knew it was a joke.
I do understand what you saying
Just making an analogy of how other teams could sell taking a flyer on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk