PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly Marshall Faulk Bashing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Marshall Faulk is back at it

Example: My wife and I here hit by a truck that blew a stop sign 10 years ago. She was driving. To this day if someone approaches a stop-sign quickly, slowing down at the last minute, she cringes. The first time it happened, she started crying and had to pull over. My point is, it gets easier, but it won't ever go away. Take it to the bank.

Please tell me you are not comparing Tom Brady (who is probably one of the most mentally tough players in the NFL) to your wife. Yikes.

Please tell me you are not comparing Tom Brady (who is probably one of the most mentally tough players in the NFL) to your wife. Yikes.

missingthepoint.png

You can state that I missed the point, but I am quoting you. You used your personal example to demonstrate how Brady could come back scared. I am telling you that someone like Brady is likely much more mentally tough than you or I. He will be 100% physically and mentally next year.

You can state that I missed the point, but I am quoting you. You used your personal example to demonstrate how Brady could come back scared. I am telling you that someone like Brady is likely much more mentally tough than you or I. He will be 100% physically and mentally next year.

Please, for the love of comedy, post some links from your trip into the future.

Please, for the love of comedy, post some links from your trip into the future.
right after you do the same.

Last edited:

right after you do the same.

I posted links to some research on the issue and a personal experience. Why does your spot at the table remain empty?

I posted links to some research on the issue and a personal experience. Why does your spot at the table remain empty?

Well, lets leave at this. Tom has proven over the years that he has the mental capacity to overcome adversity and to perform at extremely high levels in very difficult situations. I believe that his ability to do that is rooted in his self confidence and mental strength. He is not comparable to you or I or the average person who suffers an ACL injury. We'll see if he has an off year next year, but if I had to hedge my bets, from what I have seen from HIS career, I believe he will come back stronger and hungrier than ever. Perhaps that is from me seeing him play throughout his career. You missed alot of that, given that you are a relatively new fan.

Last edited:

Wow! After watching this I think Deion may be as stupid as Faulk. A QB controversy? If Cassel plays well enough to create a QB controversy, how is he back on this team next year. Either he goes in free agency or he is franchised and traded. The only way that Cassel is back on this team is if he isn't good enough to create a QB controversy with Jamarcus Russell or Brodie Croyle.

you know where faulk is going with this. if cassel plays well enough and goes elsewhere, it raises a question on the pats decision(in faulk's mind) about letting cassel go which lead to -ve effects on the team and the downfall of the pats in the future . he has been plotting these scenarios ever since SB 36. he even mentions brady as 'some other guy' with whom they won the SB.
4 weeks agoo BB was nothing without brady , now brady is expendable :)

you know where faulk is going with this. if cassel plays well enough and goes elsewhere, it raises a question on the pats decision(in faulk's mind) about letting cassel go which lead to -ve effects on the team and the downfall of the pats in the future . he has been plotting these scenarios ever since SB 36. he even mentions brady as 'some other guy' with whom they won the SB.
4 weeks agoo BB was nothing without brady , now brady is expendable :)

Agreed. The guy is a complete dunce. It would be great if someone can put together a youtube clip of all his contradictory statements. That would be truly hillarious. If I have a bit of time I may just do that.

One other thought; Brady may not heal up fast enough to be there for early next year. Certainly TC has to be suspect; and he may not be ready for the first couple of games.</p>

<p>
Should the Pats not lock up Cassel NOW for one more year at a higher than avg backup's price? Then they have an insurance plan in place if Brady isn't ready to go. If they wait til if/when the Pats make the playoffs; Cassell would be much more likely to be looking for a long-term starter deal eslewhere. Or has he performend well enough and enough other starters have done poorly enough that he is gone regardless?</p.

<p> Or does Guitterez get promoted.

The video segment is a complete joke, and Rich Eisen tries his best to get that point across (I value his opinion more than Mariucci + Sanders x Faulk btw).

Surely if the Pats get to the SB or even the AFCCG then they simply franchise Cassel and wait for someone to pony up to #1's. There is no way that Cassel beats out Brady for the starting job unless Brady is not 100% healthy, and if he isnt healthy, we staill have Cassel for the franchised year.

Patriots hold all the aces in this scenario, but Brady will be starting next year, injury rehab permitting.

I keep hoping that Faulk says or does something so irrationally stupid (ala Sean Salisbury) that the NFLN has no choice but to banish him. He'll end up on Best Damn Sports Show soon where they welcome buffoonery.

Adam Schefter

adam schefter on WEEI says he told faulk "its the stupidest idea he has ever heard" LOL

Marshall Faulk is slow from an intellectual perspective.
His ability to critically analyze and asses is non existent!

He's on NFLN right now trying to sell that crap.
Collinsworth and Sanders look like they want to give him a dummy slap.:D:singing:

Collinsworth is laughing at him. I really can't get over how stupid Faulk is and how bad he's making this station and more importantly the NFL look. They seem to hire on schtick over substance.

what if farve retires and the jets pursue Cassel.

Re: Faulk, really man, one day he is saying Cassel is a high school qb, the next he has Cassel at the superbowl.

My new favorite saying...

Come on, man

Saw that bit today over here, then again it's not like I watch and expect Faulk to say anything remotely correct and insightful.

Maybe Faulk is not to far off. Will Brady ever be back to 100% ? Maybe sign Cassel and trade Brady. Just not to any AFC team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes