PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only skimmed the thread. I find myself thinking our WR's are going to be murdered today, unless BO'B comes up with a stone-cold genius gameplan, a possibility I can't completely dismiss. Actually, I can't shake this weird feeling that something surprisingly good might happen today. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that might be, and I had similar feelings before the Dallas and New Orleans games.

How come we can't get a head coach like McDaniel?

98.5 The Sports Hub crashed ...
football Gods at work ...Looks like the Patriots will win this one.
So I don't suppose there's any chance Adam Jones is trapped in the rubble.

ps: I had said Adam Jones, heh.

Last edited:
I said in preseason that JJSS and Parker would contribute nothing this season: they haven't. I want them inactive, both of them. Let's see what, aside from those two, we really have - top to bottom - in the wr room. We have ****ed around with this ******** far too long as it is. It's not as stupid as the mishandling of Jakobi , but it gives off the same stench. Who makes these asinine decisions, I ask myself?

I mean, we should certainly be sellers on TUE instead of buyers. Does anyone disagree with that? I see contenders buying. Does anyone believe Pats are contenders?
I disagree.

I don’t see it the same as you do, about contenders buying. That’s only one part of the picture. So it doesn’t matter whether Pats are contenders.

it’s about building a roster. Draft is a risky approach to roster building, because it’s a crap shoot about whether a player will boom or bust. Trading for a player usually has more information available about how they handle the transition from a college dorm room to living on their own and being part of the NFL.

I see being a seller in trades as converting a known asset to a risky unknown result (draft picks). Player for player trades aren’t as common, and they’re different because both sides are both buyers and sellers. I see being a buyer in trades as just another way to acquire players and build a roster, so it’s actually more important for teams that are rebuilding and not contenders. I see the argument that players available for trade are often either on an expiring contract or damaged goods in some way as a red herring. That’s all information that’s known and can be figured into the trade decision. For example, trading for a player on an expiring contract can be coupled with an extension as part of the deal.

So bottom line, buying as well as selling seems like a good idea to me. If the right deals come along. If not, no need to trade for the sake of churning the roster.

It stands to reason that Ramsey & Howard will take a few series to knock the rust off.
So, I want our 1st play to be a bomb to Reagor or Thornton (or Pharoah - our best deep threat)

It stands to reason that Ramsey & Howard will take a few series to knock the rust off.
So, I want our 1st play to be a bomb to Reagor or Thornton (or Pharoah - our best deep threat)
Why not? Desperate times.....

This just in: Wiggy's head has exploded. Much of northern Rhode Island has been laid waste.

Yes a win would be great.

Personally, I would be content with hard-hitting, physical, mistake-free football. That would also bring hope.

The opposite of that does not.
Im a bit tired of moral victories myself

But ill grant that a loss with Mac playing well would not bother me at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call