PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only skimmed the thread. I find myself thinking our WR's are going to be murdered today, unless BO'B comes up with a stone-cold genius gameplan, a possibility I can't completely dismiss. Actually, I can't shake this weird feeling that something surprisingly good might happen today. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that might be, and I had similar feelings before the Dallas and New Orleans games.

How come we can't get a head coach like McDaniel?

98.5 The Sports Hub crashed ...
football Gods at work ...Looks like the Patriots will win this one.
So I don't suppose there's any chance Adam Jones is trapped in the rubble.

ps: I had said Adam Jones, heh.

Last edited:
I said in preseason that JJSS and Parker would contribute nothing this season: they haven't. I want them inactive, both of them. Let's see what, aside from those two, we really have - top to bottom - in the wr room. We have ****ed around with this ******** far too long as it is. It's not as stupid as the mishandling of Jakobi , but it gives off the same stench. Who makes these asinine decisions, I ask myself?

I mean, we should certainly be sellers on TUE instead of buyers. Does anyone disagree with that? I see contenders buying. Does anyone believe Pats are contenders?
I disagree.

I don’t see it the same as you do, about contenders buying. That’s only one part of the picture. So it doesn’t matter whether Pats are contenders.

it’s about building a roster. Draft is a risky approach to roster building, because it’s a crap shoot about whether a player will boom or bust. Trading for a player usually has more information available about how they handle the transition from a college dorm room to living on their own and being part of the NFL.

I see being a seller in trades as converting a known asset to a risky unknown result (draft picks). Player for player trades aren’t as common, and they’re different because both sides are both buyers and sellers. I see being a buyer in trades as just another way to acquire players and build a roster, so it’s actually more important for teams that are rebuilding and not contenders. I see the argument that players available for trade are often either on an expiring contract or damaged goods in some way as a red herring. That’s all information that’s known and can be figured into the trade decision. For example, trading for a player on an expiring contract can be coupled with an extension as part of the deal.

So bottom line, buying as well as selling seems like a good idea to me. If the right deals come along. If not, no need to trade for the sake of churning the roster.

It stands to reason that Ramsey & Howard will take a few series to knock the rust off.
So, I want our 1st play to be a bomb to Reagor or Thornton (or Pharoah - our best deep threat)

It stands to reason that Ramsey & Howard will take a few series to knock the rust off.
So, I want our 1st play to be a bomb to Reagor or Thornton (or Pharoah - our best deep threat)
Why not? Desperate times.....

This just in: Wiggy's head has exploded. Much of northern Rhode Island has been laid waste.

Yes a win would be great.

Personally, I would be content with hard-hitting, physical, mistake-free football. That would also bring hope.

The opposite of that does not.
Im a bit tired of moral victories myself

But ill grant that a loss with Mac playing well would not bother me at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back