PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 8 pregame: Pats @ Miami

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really windy out there, 15 mph pretty steady, from the East / NE. Mostly a crosswind for Dolphins stadium, away from Pats bench side.

I said in preseason that JJSS and Parker would contribute nothing this season: they haven't. I want them inactive, both of them. Let's see what, aside from those two, we really have - top to bottom - in the wr room. We have ****ed around with this ******** far too long as it is. It's not as stupid as the mishandling of Jakobi , but it gives off the same stench. Who makes these asinine decisions, I ask myself?

When it comes to wide receiver depth chart and offensive line rotations, the Emperor comes around to common sense fan takes after it’s already too late.

Inactives

Patriots: LB Josh Uche, T Vederian Lowe, WR Tyquan Thornton, WR Kayshon Boutte, QB Will Grier, T Calvin Anderson

Dolphins: CB Xavien Howard, WR Robbie Chosen, S Jevon Holland, QB Skylar Thompson, DT Brandon Pili

You gotta figure juju and parker are running out of time to start producing. I dont care what it looks like in practice, if you’re getting like 16 yards per game in nov its gonna be time to go

You gotta figure juju and parker are running out of time to start producing. I dont care what it looks like in practice, if you’re getting like 16 yards per game in nov its gonna be time to go
Yes, it is time for them to produce, but they won't be cut because of guaranteed money. The team would try to trade them, tomorrow, or in the next off-season.

Inactives

Patriots: LB Josh Uche, T Vederian Lowe, WR Tyquan Thornton, WR Kayshon Boutte, QB Will Grier, T Calvin Anderson

Dolphins: CB Xavien Howard, WR Robbie Chosen, S Jevon Holland, QB Skylar Thompson, DT Brandon Pili
So Connor Williams is active. Damn it.

Basically Thornton has been passed by Reagor on the depth chart. Gives you similar downfield ability in a bigger body.

Hope JJ and Parker have a better game than practice this week. Who’s the lucky wr that draws Ramsey today?

Inactives

Thornton is #6 on the WR depth chart. In most years, this would mean that he would be cut or traded soon.

We'll see tomorrow or Tuesday. Of course, trades are fairly rare. I think that there were only 13 last year in the last day or two.

There is a lot to be said for it being time to move on from him.

Yes, it is time for them to produce, but they won't be cut because of guaranteed money. The team would try to trade them, tomorrow, or in the next off-season.
My binkie Thornton is running out of time.
Really Parker and Ju Ju active over him?
This a gross.
No cap I have auto Thornton Picture, cards, football, Jersey,
I don’t know how his speed and frame are not making plays.
Looks like Reagor took his spot.
At this point we need to move on ridiculous waste of draft assets.
I am terrified to draft a WR next draft.

Ugh knew Thornton would be a bust when we reached for him in the 2nd.

Demario Douglas should be getting the most snaps of any receiver, with Bourne being the only reasonable exception. I am worried we will veer back into the stupidity with JuJu and Parker getting the most snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes