NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmmmm....

Rush YPC - Bucs - 4.4 and Pats - 4.4.
Rush TDs against - Bucs - 9 and Pats - 6
20+ yard rush gains against - Bucs - 8 and Pats - 8
Total rush yards against - Bucs 1185 and Pats - 1488

So maybe the Bucs have better "names" at DT and LB, but the stats don't show much appreciable difference in results.

AFC seems wide open. The team that scares the most is probably the Ravens
The team you SHOULD be afraid of is the rampaging Chiefs. The Ravens are a one trick pony. They are very good at that trick, but its all they have. No plan B for them and that is their weakness. Also they are a game behind us now.

There are only 2 teams with the same record as us. The Chiefs who have more loses in the conference, and the Titan whom we beat.

Contain Jonathan Taylor, contain Johnthan Taylor, and contain Jonathan Taylor.

Nelson is a great run blocker.....hope we can keep him from opening lanes.....

JC Jackson on Pittman all day and have our safeties play deep.

Monday was under extraordinary circumstances. The Pats ran it when certainly there were situations which audibles or different play calls would have yielded better results if the game conditions were normal.

If the Dolts start showing blitz on run plays w/ 8 already in the box Mac will torch them.
I read somewhere that the way to attack both Mac and the Pats run game is to blitz them. According this article the Pats have had some problems picking up the blitz, and Mac has been caught a a few times recently for big losses. He has the athleticism to be more evasive, but not the instincts. Only time, reps, and off season preparation will improve that.

quick question. Anyone know if the Colts moistly zone block when they run or power block like the Pats do? If they power block, I can give you several fixes that will help the Pats, especially against Nelson.

Not sure if already mentioned, but If the Pats beat Indy with a Dolphins and Bills loss, they clinch the division.
No, this is not true.

If Pats win they’re 10-4 and if Bills lose they’re 7-7. 3 games to play. Bills win out it means they beat us next week and beat the Jete to finish 5-1 in the division. Pats lose out it also means they lose to the Dolphins and finish 4-2 in the division. Bills win the division under that scenario.

The next Bills game is the clinching scenario if the Dolphins cooperate (losing one of the next two games). They have Jets and Titans next two weeks.

OT, but looks like Lamar is coming back sooner than we thought...

Here's the thing though: The Bills had 10 guys in the box and we still ran for almost 5 ypc on them. They KNEW we were going to run, and they couldn't stop it unless they guessed right and blew a play up in the backfield. We won't want to be that one dimensional in a dome, so while I don't doubt they will try to take away the run and make Mac carry the load, CAN they do it? Even with the Bills' recent run of bad run defense, they're still better at yards allowed per carry than the Colts (4.1 to 4.5). I like our chances running the football in general, but if they really want to sell out against it I have confidence Mac can take advantage.

Also did people forget Mac threw for 300 yards and 2 tds against the Titans a week earlier? When our run game struggled for Abit.

And this game is in a dome. Not in buffalo with 55 mile an hour winds

OT, but looks like Lamar is coming back sooner than we thought...

They found a few extra bottles of deer antler spray in the back of their supply closet.

Anyone know if the Colts moistly zone block when they run or power block like the Pats do?

Article is about last year, but looks like they do it all:

A bit of discussion here about what they are doing this year - mostly inside and mid-zone:

The team you SHOULD be afraid of is the rampaging Chiefs. The Ravens are a one trick pony. They are very good at that trick, but its all they have. No plan B for them and that is their weakness. Also they are a game behind us now.

There are only 2 teams with the same record as us. The Chiefs who have more loses in the conference, and the Titan whom we beat.

Tennessee with Derrick Henry could be a problem as well…

Hopefully no Pats on the list but worrisome as they return from bye week.

Hopefully all outside of NE, but there are going to be a few on that list from the Pats I’m afraid. It’s the league’s fault for not mandating the booster. The original covid shots taken in March/April are useless now.

Last edited:
quick question. Anyone know if the Colts moistly zone block when they run or power block like the Pats do? If they power block, I can give you several fixes that will help the Pats, especially against Nelson.
I would like to hear the fixes no matter scheme they are Running. If you wanna share them in one of your threads pls let me know i don’t always see new threads

Contain Jonathan Taylor, contain Johnthan Taylor, and contain Jonathan Taylor.

Nelson is a great run blocker.....hope we can keep him from opening lanes.....

JC Jackson on Pittman all day and have our safeties play deep.

Convince the refs to give the Pats the same calls as Tampa.

Cheesy Q3.

tennesse with henry and julio back is going be tough to be beat. i think KC and Tenn are most difficult teams in the AFC because they are also coached very well.

Hopefully all outside of NE, but there are going to be a few on that list from the Pats I’m afraid. It’s the league’s fault for not mandating the booster. The original covid shots taken in March/April are useless now.

Captain stone post incoming, criticizing Bill’s drafting. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes