PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not all that scared about this. With the small size of the Colts' front seven, Stevenson might be the better option to run against them. Harris is not a Woodhead sized RB, but Stevenson is still considerably bigger than Harris. Probably has 15-20 pounds on Harris.
I might say that Stevenson is a better rb than Harris. Unsure

I might say that Stevenson is a better rb than Harris. Unsure
These 2 guys are both backs that would be THE guy on another team, I will say that - a non-committee team (a rarity in the modern game.) What would Tennessee give to have that depth right now, with the king out

But a Taylor or a Henry, that's the next level. You'll see our guys flash a game where they get their c-note on 10 carries, but they don't get 20 carries to go wild.

Gutted about Harris.

It's Weird as so many posters on here were convinced Harris was going to be fine for this week

Colts O-line reminds me of the Steelers O-line for a few years when the overrated Bell broke out. Colts line are creating Grand Canyon sized holes for Taylor.

Colts O-line reminds me of the Steelers O-line for a few years when the overrated Bell broke out. Colts line are creating Grand Canyon sized holes for Taylor.

Taylor was an all time record setting in college, put up elite testing numbers, and now leads the NFL in rushing. I don't think he's anything like Bell. He's legitimately talented, and I could not understand in the slightest how he fell out of the first round. Most predictable successful running back since Adrian Peterson in my opinion.

I do not feel good about this game

Gutted about Harris.

It's Weird as so many posters on here were convinced Harris was going to be fine for this week
Many folks on the Pats board taking a Patriots-favored optimistic outlook? Nah.

Many folks on the Pats board taking a Patriots-favored optimistic outlook? Nah.
There is being pro pats and then there is saying that a RB that's pulled a hammy will def be ready for the next game when you havent got a clue if he will or won't

There is being pro pats and then there is saying that a RB that's pulled a hammy will def be ready for the next game when you havent got a clue if he will or won't
That’s a high bar you’re setting there for posting.

Hopefully they are just being cautious, and Harris didn’t re-tweak his hammy.

Since we now know that Harris is incapable of staying healthy for a full season, how does bb get him healthy enough to lead us through the playoffs?

The bigger question than this game, is next week against the Bills. If the goal is to ensure Harris is ready for the post season.
On the other hand, they may pass 42 times and run it 3 next week.

Presumably he's had a bad case and has not yet fully recovered. Extremely unlikely still testing positive.

Coming back too soon risks myocarditis (as with the ex-Red Sox pitcher, ERod).

Incidence of myocarditis in professional athletes post-Covid is 0.6%

Yeah, this is concerning for the guy. If he got a bad case, the cardio recovery could easily take the rest of this season.
Did you read that study? .6% is such a tiny number it leaves me wondering how often they get myocarditis as a matter of routine, from the exertion alone.

Since we now know that Harris is incapable of staying healthy for a full season, how does bb get him healthy enough to lead us through the playoffs?
How many backs don't miss any games through a season? especially ones with such a bruising running style? Not calling you out, it's a genuine question. If he only misses one game this year thats not too bad.

They have Ozigbo on the PS whom they can elevate.
Is this finally the day JONAS G returns to the opponent of his liking ? Is it time to respect the clock once again ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News