PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday everyone!!! Getting you ready for the day before the game.....would have been a great Friday if that horrible coach for the Chargers didn't blow the game for his team......ugh...I won't go there....lol here we go:

Agreed. We can't put our faith in other teams. We are in the driver seat. Let's keep our foot on the gas. If we do that, nothing else matters.

In the six games where they had their most passing yards this season (over 220) the Colts are 1-5 with the sole win against the Jets who scored 30 on them. In the six games where they had their most rushing yards (over 125) they are 6-0. I think it's pretty clear what the Pats have to do to win. Wentz only has 3 games with over 250 yards passing and they are 1-2 (again, Jets...). If the Colts can't run, they can't win.

I definitely think the key will be limiting the run so they don't have access to all of their RPO concepts and the 3rd downs are less manageable. But sometimes stats like this can be deceiving when you're talking about aggregate yards by the end of the game. When you're already winning a game, you run more, which at the end of the game will give you higher rush yard totals. Conversely, you have to pass more when you're trailing through more of a game. So this might be more of a corollary stat than a causational one, I would imagine most teams have a similar split.

That could be really really good. How many times have we seen new fathers riding the euphoria to have a monster game?
Well, the last time someone on the team had a child, JC Jackson had his worst game of the season and we almost lost to the Texans. Sleep deprivation? Hoping for the euphoria angle this time around.

I don't think tiebreakers will be in play if we don't win out but FWIW if the Pats beat the Colts the Pats will clinch the tiebreakers against the Chiefs. They would not be able to finish with a better conference record than us and we also have a better record in common games (Cowboys, Bills, Titans, Browns, Chargers). Chiefs are 3-3 against that group. The worst the Pats can do is 4-2.

Harris is out. I knew that hammy didn't look good.

Sucks but better not to take chances and damage his prospects in the playoffs.

We all knew Mac is going to have to throw a bit and I think he will.

Sucks but better not to take chances and damage his prospects in the playoffs.

We all knew Mac is going to have to throw a bit and I think he will.

Yikes. Oh well.

What's Blount doing these days? Would be fun to see him punch the Dolts in the mouth again.

Yikes. Oh well.
I said after the Chiefs game last year that Harris has the look of a future star in this league.

I'm not going to give him the glass label but that won't happen if he can't stay on the field. Wouldn't surprise me if this is testing Bill's patience with him.

I said after the Chiefs game last year that Harris has the look of a future star in this league.

I'm not going to give him the glass label but that won't happen if he can't stay on the field. Wouldn't surprise me if this is testing Bill's patience with him.
Hes just not durable. Very good runner but just gets dinged easily.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Ozigbo elevation? Only 2 backs available on roster.

What's Blount doing these days? Would be fun to see him punch the Dolts in the mouth again.
Selling blunts

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
JJ Taylor has been on reserve/Covid list since Nov. 29th. WTF

Is taylor officially out as well? So rham and bolden the only rb’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes