PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 15 pre-game thread: Patriots vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prob see Jonnu get some carries tomorrow.

What's Blount doing these days? Would be fun to see him punch the Dolts in the mouth again.
How that Grey dude? Wouldn't it be fun to see him go for 240 or whatever on the Colts again

Reactions: sb1
My question is why is he on the list for 18 days?

Prob see Jonnu get some carries tomorrow.
They may use Smith and WRs on sweeps but 2 RBs is still pretty thin for a balanced attack. Anyone know the last time we went in with 2 RBs? I seem to recall in the last few years but pretty unusual right?

Sucks but better not to take chances and damage his prospects in the playoffs.

We all knew Mac is going to have to throw a bit and I think he will.

They'll likely elevate Ozigbo from the PS. Possibly line up Jonnu Smith or Kendrick Bourne there for outside sweeps..

My question is why is he on the list for 18 days?

Presumably he's had a bad case and has not yet fully recovered. Extremely unlikely still testing positive.

Coming back too soon risks myocarditis (as with the ex-Red Sox pitcher, ERod).

Incidence of myocarditis in professional athletes post-Covid is 0.6%

I said after the Chiefs game last year that Harris has the look of a future star in this league.

I'm not going to give him the glass label but that won't happen if he can't stay on the field. Wouldn't surprise me if this is testing Bill's patience with him.
Why would it be testing Bill's patience? The MEDICAL staff are the ones who gave Harris the OK to go back into the game against the Bills and it resulted in him worsening the injury..

Sucks but better not to take chances and damage his prospects in the playoffs.

We all knew Mac is going to have to throw a bit and I think he will.

I am not all that scared about this. With the small size of the Colts' front seven, Stevenson might be the better option to run against them. Harris is not a Woodhead sized RB, but Stevenson is still considerably bigger than Harris. Probably has 15-20 pounds on Harris.

Harris is out Saturday.

Stevenson, it is.

Im ok if harris is out a few weeks, having both rham and harris is a luxury but rham is a capable feature back by himself too. Mac might hafta throw a little more but still expect an effective rush attack. Priority is having harris healthy for the playoffs

I'm not going to give him the glass label but that won't happen if he can't stay on the field. Wouldn't surprise me if this is testing Bill's patience with him.
Huh?

This is the same approach some posters took re: describing Belichick's "patience" regarding Wynn before this season - and all that meant was Wynn playing in every game this season with only the Dallas game a low snap count.

The only time past injury history is even a factor is contract renegotiation time. If a player is available he practices and those practice results dictate playing time. If he isn't available, the players that are get evaluated the same way.

Look at how many times he benched/replaced Gronk as soon as he came off the injury report right? All that lost patience with injuries...

Im ok if harris is out a few weeks, having both rham and harris is a luxury but rham is a capable feature back by himself too. Mac might hafta throw a little more but still expect an effective rush attack. Priority is having harris healthy for the playoffs
Priority is protecting the rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand