PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing punt team getting worked hard this week .. bill knows offense will play with one hand tied behind back...so punt team going to have to pin Dallas inside 20, 10 all day...going to be field position game because that's what this offense has become

So we're losing Sanu and Dorsett for the Cowboys game? Wish we had kept Thomas... The 360 yards he has now isn't a lot but it would be a healthy, warm body for Brady to throw to. LOL.

My earlier post was by no means "patently ridiculous", and this is an excellent example of why your claim was erroneous. There's a world of difference between "I'm ok with that" and "that wasn't easy to do". Yes, it would have been easy to keep all the WRs, and many of us wanted them to do just that. If you want to argue your preference, or what you're ok with, that's a different issue than viability.

And, having pointed that out, I'll leave it there, because it's just going to be the same thing with the other examples.

We may be operating from different angles on the idea of "easy" here, but I agree. Let's leave it where it lie.

We can't depend on Meyers and Harry too much

Why? The absolutism spouted by many easily distinguishes those that watch to see and those who watch to complain. There are numerous examples of a Patriots team seemingly in dire straits on either side of the ball that comes out and utilizes what they have to win.

Where the heck do you folks think "Next Man Up" came from? Being 100% healthy? Did they say that after huge losing streaks?

The Patriots may very well struggle, but history shows they will tailor the gameplan to who they have. If that means back shoulder and slants for Harry and quick outs for Meyers and if they're not there they punt and move on...so be it.

This is also a team that will absolutely try home run plays based on what the defense shows them through a half. (I doubt the double pass was a planned call and instead was a "backup" play to be called if they saw a certain trend in the Philly D - much like Romo pointed out).

And if they lose a week 12 non-conference game because of playing third string WRs...doesnt mean anything for the long game of being in the hunt to go to the Super Bowl for like the 20th straight year.

If the rest of the Fellowship of the Miserable want to commit seppuku pining for the return of Antonio Brown...I might mourn, but only until pitchers and catchers report...

With LVE out & Dallas running primarily cover 3, the offense may be able to move the ball with Edelman & White. Dorsett playing would be helpful.

Why? The absolutism spouted by many easily distinguishes those that watch to see and those who watch to complain. There are numerous examples of a Patriots team seemingly in dire straits on either side of the ball that comes out and utilizes what they have to win.

Where the heck do you folks think "Next Man Up" came from? Being 100% healthy? Did they say that after huge losing streaks?

The Patriots may very well struggle, but history shows they will tailor the gameplan to who they have. If that means back shoulder and slants for Harry and quick outs for Meyers and if they're not there they punt and move on...so be it.

This is also a team that will absolutely try home run plays based on what the defense shows them through a half. (I doubt the double pass was a planned call and instead was a "backup" play to be called if they saw a certain trend in the Philly D - much like Romo pointed out).

And if they lose a week 12 non-conference game because of playing third string WRs...doesnt mean anything for the long game of being in the hunt to go to the Super Bowl for like the 20th straight year.

If the rest of the Fellowship of the Miserable want to commit seppuku pining for the return of Antonio Brown...I might mourn, but only until pitchers and catchers report...

Meyers ran the wrong route.

With LVE out & Dallas running primarily cover 3, the offense may be able to move the ball with Edelman & White. Dorsett playing would be helpful.

LVE is really good and him being out should help our offense quite a bit.

We're not exactly in a rebuilding mode, and it's not like Meyers and Harry (not sure who Henry is in your post but I take it this is who you were talking about) are lighting it up either. In contrast, Gordon had 720 yards and 3 TDs last year. His potential to contribute this year is much higher than Meyers and Harry. Brady has said many many times he prefers to play with a consistent set of guys. If you are shuffling players in and out all the time it's tough.

Which is why you can feel safe in assuming Gordon was doing something the team was really bothered by. Or do you think this is all lost on Bill?

The patriots have won or tied for the division or WC 100% of the last 20 seasons; I presuming this year since we must be at least 99% to at least tie at this point.

Which is why you can feel safe in assuming Gordon was doing something the team was really bothered by. Or do you think this is all lost on Bill?

He was released because they got Sanu...after Gordon was released the receiving corps was Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Harry, and Meyers. Now Sanu and Dorsett are injured, leaving Edelman, Harry, and Meyers. Bill made a decision to keep Harry/Meyers over Gordon. We could really use him now as Brady simply not comfortable with the rookies.

Last edited:

Just saying that we can't count on two rookie WR's to put up good numbers and that we should lean on what works for us (e.g. Jules, Burkhead draws, White on wheel routes, and etc...).

If Meyers and Harry dominate...awesome! Just not gonna hold my breath...

He was released because they got Sanu...after Gordon was released the receiving corps was Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Harry, and Meyers. Now Sanu and Dorsett are injured, leaving Edelman, Harry, and Meyers. Bill made a decision to keep Harry/Meyers over Gordon. We could really use him now as Brady simply not comfortable with the rookies.

Your post doesn't have anything to do with what I wrote. Did you mean to respond to someone else?

Can Dorsett still clear protocol? Or is he out? I forgot the steps? Has to be a full participant on Friday?

Patriots Nation holds its breadth this weekend as Pats go into the Dallas game with a new Left Tackle and two rookie wide receivers on the offensive side. The defense faces their second biggest challenge to its dominance with the leagues leading passer, an elite running back and a wide receiver corps of Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Tavon Austin, Hurns and Witten.

Just saying that we can't count on two rookie WR's to put up good numbers and that we should lean on what works for us (e.g. Jules, Burkhead draws, White on wheel routes, and etc...).

If Meyers and Harry dominate...awesome! Just not gonna hold my breath...
Jees, Hyped old buddy. I never thought you'd go over to the dark side of this discussion. Calm down, bud. The Pats have succeeded using young players on offense. They went to the AFCCG with TWO rookies on the OL in 2015 and won a superbowl in 16 by adding another rookie.

Secondly, may I remind you that we are talking about WR's here. The most replaceable position in the league. There was a REASON Harry was drafted in the first round. He is one of the most talented WR's in this year's class, of which several have already excelled. Myers has caught virtually EVERY ball that's been thrown within reach. Will they make mistakes? Of course they will, but not on EVERY play, or even some plays. Sure they'll f*ck up 3 or 4 plays, but they WON'T the other 30 odd plays they'll be in there for.

Thirdly, have you forgotten that between White and Burkhead you have 2 guys who are ACCOMPLISHED receivers, and Watson and Lacosse are going to surprise you this week. If Brady has time, he'll have ENOUGH receivers to throw to.

So put down the gun, pardner. and answer me the one question we SHOULD be discussing. If Bill wants to take away ONE thing from the Cowboy offense, what should it be????????

The defense faces their second biggest challenge to its dominance with the leagues leading passer, an elite running back and a wide receiver corps of Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Tavon Austin, Hurns and Witten.
Michael Gallup is their WR2. He’s a second rounder making leaps in his second year. Cobb has been looking like a steal of a pickup for them in the slot. I think Hurns is actually on the Dolphins now.

Bb please resign brown ASAP!

i know it would be cool to have the mccourty’s running routes and playing offense, but brown is a much better alternative!

If Bill wants to take away ONE thing from the Cowboy offense, what should it be????????
You have to stop the run or they’ll kill you with Elliot by moving the ball and eating up clock. After that, you want to take Cooper out as often as possible. I don’t know if they’ll double him or put Gilmore on him, but I’m guessing a little of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes