PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We’re onto the JETES

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just realized what a dumb stat SoS and SoV is. Of course we have the best SoV, we beat the good teams and lost to 3 mediocre teams. Had we beat those 3 teams, our SoV would be down. And once we play the rats and bills more. our SoS will go down. Ridiculously dumb stat that opposing fans complain every season about.

Not to mention we never get to play ourselves.

Last edited:
Multiple factors:

-Gordon dropped around 6-8 passes.
-Still getting acclimated to the Erhardt-Perkins system.
-Timing
-Brady technique/mental errors
-OL in flux
-Hammy

Should improve. We shall see..

Patriots QB Tom Brady was added to the team’s injury report. He was limited due to a knee issue.

Gronk is definitely not what he once was but when he’s not hurt, I still pick him over that no block throwing Kelce
I'd take Gronk even when he's hobbled because he's a top 3 blocking tight end. If I needed a receiver, there's a lot of receivers I'd take over Kelce.

The Jets just lost 41-10 . . . at home . . . to a 2-7 team starting their 4th QB who they picked up about a week or so before the game.
I will be very disappointed if the Patriots can't blow them out.
I wont be surprised if they wont blow them out. Its a week to week league.

White and Michel only RBs on roster with Michel limited.

I just realized what a dumb stat SoS and SoV is. Of course we have the best SoV, we beat the good teams and lost to 3 mediocre teams. Had we beat those 3 teams, our SoV would be down. And once we play the rats and bills more. our SoS will go down. Ridiculously dumb stat that opposing fans complain every season about.

Not to mention we never get to play ourselves.

I think that which teams you play definitely matters. It's one of the reasons I can't stand an unbalanced schedule between teams who make the playoffs based off of wins and losses.

As much as people want to belittle the Pats weak schedule, no team has had an easier time than the Texans. By the end of the season they could end up playing only 2 of their 16 games against teams with a winning record. And one of those teams lost their QB in the game.

I think that which teams you play definitely matters. It's one of the reasons I can't stand an unbalanced schedule between teams who make the playoffs based off of wins and losses.

As much as people want to belittle the Pats weak schedule, no team has had an easier time than the Texans. By the end of the season they could end up playing only 2 of their 16 games against teams with a winning record. And one of those teams lost their QB in the game.
Who is saying the Pats's schedule is weak? Based on opponent winning % they are #1 in the AFC.

Ok Jets game...!

Guess what? After offense and Michel in particular sucked last week .. we will see ..wait for it. Yup CORDARRELL PATTERSON in full flight this Sunday. Other reason is mcditz decided to read my posts again after his brain cramp last game. Oops!

Who is saying the Pats's schedule is weak? Based on opponent winning % they are #1 in the AFC.

I didn't express myself accurately. I was thinking more of the talk about the weak AFCE. Even during the recent playoffs for Miami and Buffalo, the AFCE was like the Rodney Dangerfield of NYFL divisions, they got no respect.

Not including yesterday's results the Pats are 7th in the AFC in opponent's winning % ;
1 - Cincy (.580) 58-42-1
2 - Denver (.573) 59-44
3 - Clev (.566) 56-43-2
3 - Buff (.566) 56-43-2
5 - Balt (.557) 54-43-3
6 - Jax (.550) 55-45-1
7 - NE (.520) 52-48-1

I didn't express myself accurately. I was thinking more of the talk about the weak AFCE. Even during the recent playoffs for Miami and Buffalo, the AFCE was like the Rodney Dangerfield of NYFL divisions, they got no respect.

Not including yesterday's results the Pats are 7th in the AFC in opponent's winning % ;
1 - Cincy (.580) 58-42-1
2 - Denver (.573) 59-44
3 - Clev (.566) 56-43-2
3 - Buff (.566) 56-43-2
5 - Balt (.557) 54-43-3
6 - Jax (.550) 55-45-1
7 - NE (.520) 52-48-1
It's all good. I thought I saw a graph somewhere earlier in this thread which showed the Pats #1 in opponent win %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back