PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We’re onto the JETES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple factors:

-Gordon dropped around 6-8 passes.
-Still getting acclimated to the Erhardt-Perkins system.
-Timing
-Brady technique/mental errors
-OL in flux
-Hammy

Should improve. We shall see..

60% of that is on Bambi he's not been that sharp for the most part before the Bye. Hope their is improvements going forward.

Last edited:
Multiple factors:

-Gordon dropped around 6-8 passes.
-Still getting acclimated to the Erhardt-Perkins system.
-Timing
-Brady technique/mental errors
-OL in flux
-Hammy

Should improve. We shall see..

According to pro-football-reference ...

Gordon's career average catch rate is 52%, on an average YPC of 17.3
In 2013, it was 54.7% on a YPC of 18.9

So far this season, PFR has him at 53% on a YPC of 18.3

Acclimating to the difference between the West Coast and the E-P , getting the timing down, Brady having more time to throw, Gordon getting into better game shape may all help a bit, but I'm not expecting a huge improvement in Gordon's catch rate if the Pats continue to use him the way they have been (mostly as a deep threat).

OTOH, Gordon's catch rate may improve once Gronk is back on the field (and healthy), and/or if Brady returns to distributing his targets more evenly (using Hogan, and even Dorsett, a bit more frequently).

Anyway ...

Cooks' catch rate last season was 57% on a YPC of 16.6 - the lowest catch rate of his career, by far.

In contrast, Hogan's catch rate in 2016 was 65.5% on a YPC of 17.9. That same season Gronk was 65.8% on a YPC of 21.6.

So far this season, Gronk has been 67.4% on a YPC of 15. - second only to Gordon in YPC.

Gronk, career: 65.8% catch rate on a YPC of 15.2.

Gronk 2018: 67.4% catch rate on a YPC of 15.4.

Gronk has been playing hurt since the end of week-3 at DET. In the first three games, his catch rate was 76% on a YPC of 14.5.

Stats aren't "everything", but the "eyeball test" is totally worthless if the observer is blind or seeing only what he wants to see.

I know that's the conventional wisdom for games within the division, but this Jets team really stinks. I envision something like the game against Buffalo earlier this season: maybe a slow start in the 1st half but we come alive in 2nd and pull away.

The Jete offense has only been "good" in 3 of their 10 games - all wins. In their 7 losses, they've averaged 12 points/game.

The Jete defense has been inconsistent, but not consistently awful. They've only been blown up 4 times, including against the Bills.

The Jete have also had a BYE week in which to get over that blowout, to give McCown a lot of first team reps, and to prepare for the Pats.

Still, if Michel is back to near 100%, Gronk is ready to go, and McD/Brady start spreading the ball around a bit more again, the Pats blowing them out seems possible.

Darnold officially OUT as expected.

To me its much better to have McCown in this one . playing more regular game after bye + offers better preparation for Cousins..

According to pro-football-reference ...

Gordon's career average catch rate is 52%, on an average YPC of 17.3
In 2013, it was 54.7% on a YPC of 18.9

So far this season, PFR has him at 53% on a YPC of 18.3

Acclimating to the difference between the West Coast and the E-P , getting the timing down, Brady having more time to throw, Gordon getting into better game shape may all help a bit, but I'm not expecting a huge improvement in Gordon's catch rate if the Pats continue to use him the way they have been (mostly as a deep threat).

If you ask me, it's kind of depressing that his catch rate and YPC with Brady is the same as it was with whichever random QBs he was playing with before.

If you ask me, it's kind of depressing that his catch rate and YPC with Brady is the same as it was with whichever random QBs he was playing with before.

Well, bad Bills QBs and Gordon's own drop rate could both be limiting factors for his catch rate at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive.

This just in .....

Tom & Gisele just spotted coming out of Wal-Mart's Black Friday sale.

Ugh I clicked it. Why do we keep giving views to these a-holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots