PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton

Tyquan is mid at best, we are all coping hoping he can become a great receiver but there are no flashes at all. Pickens was right there oozing with talent and we overdraft a 100 pound guy with a fast 40 time that hasnt even translated on the field :rolleyes:

Tyquan is mid at best, we are all coping hoping he can become a great receiver but there are no flashes at all. Pickens was right there oozing with talent and we overdraft a 100 pound guy with a fast 40 time that hasnt even translated on the field :rolleyes:
Pickens was there for the taking, BB needs to stay in the SEC.

Pickens was there for the taking, BB needs to stay in the SEC.
I think part of the problem is that elite WRs are usually divas and Bill wants no nonsense. Eventually you need to deal with the BS to get the elite talent. Pickens had some issues in the past but has had no issues in the league so far and looks like a future pro bowler. Tyquan is just fighting for playing time in an average receiving core...

Reserving judgement until the offense as a whole gets into a rhythm. Prior to Thanksgiving, the offense hadn't been able to get much going at all, and phasing in a rookie was the last thing on anyone's mind. Hell, there was nothing to phase him into. No guarantee that any rookie wr would have had much of an opportunity in this offense that has produced so little in general.

Pickens again... I hate our scouting
Why are you ooing and ahhing over Pickens. Guy makes 3 catches a game. He shows promise but he hasn't exactly done much over there yet. Maybe he will next year, but there's nothing really to show at this point.

By the way, I want a super fast guy. And as for his weight, he weighs as much as Garrett Wilson, Devonte Smith, Jameson Williams, Jahan Dotson, Waddle, etc.

Why are you ooing and ahhing over Pickens. Guy makes 3 catches a game. He shows promise but he hasn't exactly done much over there yet. Maybe he will next year, but there's nothing really to show at this point.

By the way, I want a super fast guy. And as for his weight, he weighs as much as Garrett Wilson, Devonte Smith, Jameson Williams, Jahan Dotson, Waddle, etc.
Pittsburg has been a mess this year. If Pickens had a competent QB and offense he'd be having great stats for a rookie. He makes amazing plays every game the talent is obvious. He also has speed that translates to the field. Lets just hope Tyquan can make the starting lineup in year 2.

He's had four games with more than three receptions. He's already Pittsburgh's best WR, and he's a rookie, with a rookie QB, and with overall bad quarterback play throughout the season. He's made some tremendous receptions. No doubt he's going to be at least a good NFL WR.

If we're gonna torture ourselves with every catch Pickens makes, might as well point out he dropped his last 2.

Pittsburg has been a mess this year. If Pickens had a competent QB and offense he'd be having great stats for a rookie. He makes amazing plays every game the talent is obvious. He also has speed that translates to the field. Lets just hope Tyquan can make the starting lineup in year 2.
The catch you were posting about is the kind Devante Parker has made several times this year.

Danny Colbert texting Friz Jackson congratulating each other on how well they sold their interest in BoneyT to Little Billy & Al Groh's kid, thereby leaving their Real target - George Pickens - still available to them at #52... Chess v Throwing monkey sh!t against a wall...

People that know college football....question: how good was he at getting open when it came to running routes?
That 3 cone shows up on certain routes where he needs to stop/start, change direction quick. He was excellent separating on vertical stuff but wasn't the smoothest on intermediate routes that require some suddenness, not the most elusive guy. Conversely he was really good getting off the line with his releases but definitely needs some time to really become a good rr in the league. I think EP is a good system for him though. Probably won't ever be the most versatile rr but definitely could improve in some areas and feast on his strengths with a little luck.

Danny Colbert texting Friz Jackson congratulating each other on how well they sold their interest in BoneyT to Little Billy & Al Groh's kid, thereby leaving their Real target - George Pickens - still available to them at #52... Chess v Throwing monkey sh!t against a wall...
What's all this good WR drafting won them? I really don't get the fixation with Steeler WRs. Other than AB it's an overrated group and we all know ABs a douche too.
Dont get me wrong they still draft WR way better than us but big whoop if they don't win.

Thornton is going to be used like how San Fran uses Deebo.

Nope. Samuel is built to play RB, Thornton isn’t. They can still use him on sweeps etc…, but he won’t play RB

None of the 2022 draft WRs are tearing it up like Jmarr Chase did last season.

A few are having decent seasons.

What's all this good WR drafting won them? I really don't get the fixation with Steeler WRs. Other than AB it's an overrated group and we all know ABs a douche too.
Dont get me wrong they still draft WR way better than us but big whoop if they don't win.
Well... Not recently

But they won multiple superbowls with Santonio Holmes/Hines Ward/Nate Washington - Made a superbowl with Mike Wallace as well...

AB/Smith-Schuster/Sanders etc... Nothing but I'd also say there was a big drop off in their defense/Big Ben

I will say this I hope Tyquan Thornton improves: that said I would have never taken him before George Pickens who was my #1 WR from that entire Draft. Look at Pickens numbers with above average QB's he would have been a #1 here.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back