PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyquan Thornton

I'd give him more than his rookie year. I know some on here don't think so but Meyers, Parker, Agholor and Bourne is actually a solid WR corp. He flashed in that Browns game. Should have had a TD in the Colts game. Watching some All-22 he definitely gets open his fair share when he is out there.

But to bring up guys like Pickens and Pierce. They have been the 2nd/3rd WRs on their teams the majority of the year and that is based the lack of WR depth on those teams Majority of the year Thornton has been 4th/5th in a decent WR corp in Meyers, Parker, Agholor and Bourne

Funny thing is Thornton has put up as many TDs at Pickens with much less opportunities.

Most googled thing regarding him is, "Is Batman playing" Hes been hurt 247 and is out for the the year.

Jackson has had Andrews and that's it. And Andrews has come up short in a lot of big games. Their running game has been terrible most of the year. They lost Hollywood Brown who's a decent #3 but he needs like 200 targets for a 1k. He needs a real WR1 & 2. Duverney is a good wr3. They spend the least on the position so you have to expect it to an extent. Like our WR/TE corp 10/10 compared to theirs. Every one of our WR would be WR1 over there. So it could definitely be worse.

Speaking of Jonnu. Where the hell is he?

His production already meager is heading in a downward trajectory.

He did nothing in the Vikings game other than block Stevenson, preventing a 30-yard run according to Greg Bedard.

I’m surprised we’re not dealing with Jonnu Smith in its own thread. Doesn’t he have a big salary, too, even by NFL standards?

UPDATE:

Last edited:
No they weren't. They were targeting Pickens while blowing smoke up Bill's & Al Groh's kid's asses at the same time...

Chess vs one-legged hop-scotch.
Why does this feel legit? Pickens is uber talented but had character issues at Georgia. I saw a clip of him starting a nasty fight with a Vandy player.

I also have a prejudice in favor of SEC receivers, not the touch football league Baylor plays in.

If we're gonna torture ourselves with every catch Pickens makes, might as well point out he dropped his last 2.
And he's already had two boneheaded plays that would have drove Bill nuts.

Again I love OG George but just think he's the perfect Steeler, not Patriot. I know that frustrates some. Maybe of he shapes up and has his head on straight for his second contract.

He did nothing in the Vikings game other than block Stevenson, preventing a 30-yard run according to Greg Bedard.

I’m surprised we’re not dealing with Jonnu Smith in its own thread. Doesn’t he have a big salary, too, even by NFL standards?

UPDATE:

Good lord

Good lord
Yep a joke of a contart form HC/GM BB no wonder he sat on his hands last FA. :rolleyes: One positive it seems like Hunter Henry is back so they can start fazing the expensive Jonnu Smith out.

Most googled thing regarding him is, "Is Batman playing" Hes been hurt 247 and is out for the the year.

Jackson has had Andrews and that's it. And Andrews has come up short in a lot of big games. Their running game has been terrible most of the year. They lost Hollywood Brown who's a decent #3 but he needs like 200 targets for a 1k. He needs a real WR1 & 2. Duverney is a good wr3. They spend the least on the position so you have to expect it to an extent. Like our WR/TE corp 10/10 compared to theirs. Every one of our WR would be WR1 over there. So it could definitely be worse.

Yeah sorry, I had forgotten about Bateman's foot injury & subsequent move to season-ending IR earlier this month... Oops.

I still like Duvernay, Proche, Demarcus Robinson & Ty Wallace individually, but as a group yeah they're definitely missing an alpha or two...

UPDATE:

Yep a joke of a contart form HC/GM BB no wonder he sat on his hands last FA. :rolleyes: One positive it seems like Hunter Henry is back so they can start fazing the expensive Jonnu Smith out.

I was really hoping on Thursday to see more of JonNo in the backfield, similar to how he was lined-up occasionally vs the Jete...
But Phatt Matt's our OC, and his philosophy is: If it works, fix it; and if it doesn't, try it again and maybe it'll gain two yards the next time...

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back