PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade!! Cardinals send OT Korey Cunningham to Pats for a 6th round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Patriots call you, wants one of your players and are willing to trade him, don't you pause a bit and see if you are doing something wrong? If I were other GMs, I will take my sweet sweet time dealing with BB. But I hear BB makes a proposition, sets a time for no deal and it just business, no small talk, no how is your family doing etc..

Let's consider the fact that this is Arizona and the call probably happened during a 6 ****tail lunch.

So Patriots call you, wants one of your players and are willing to trade him, don't you pause a bit and see if you are doing something wrong? If I were other GMs, I will take my sweet sweet time dealing with BB. But I hear BB makes a proposition, sets a time for no deal and it just business, no small talk, no how is your family doing etc..

Remember that the Cardinals are going to need a complete offensive overhaul because of the style differences, and trading away old regime players makes more sense.

He’s an O-lineman?
No, he was a late arrival. Came in on a trade, and while the initial reaction was a collective yawn, he turned out to be quite the bargain. THAT was the point he was trying to make. Got it now?

He’s a lock.... for the pro bowl

Still acting like you know one single thing about O-Linemen? After your huge whiffs on Mason & Thuney thought maybe you'd think twice about that. But I guess you are named captain troll for a reason.
His views/opinions can be frustrating but he’s not trolling. He’s a fan of the team and just concerned about everything little thing. My view is if anyone can get something more than what’s been shown by these guys it’s Scar.

No, he was a late arrival. Came in on a trade, and while the initial reaction was a collective yawn, he turned out to be quite the bargain. THAT was the point he was trying to make. Got it now?
You must’ve missed where I was being a smart ***. Read the poster’s comment again and you’ll see why I said what I said. Calm down.

I know absolutely nothing about this guy, but slightly disappointed that none of our own scouted and drafted players (many higher than a 6th rounder) inspired such little confidence in the coaches that they went and traded with the Cardinals for their 6th rounder from a year ago.

At tackle? I'm curious who you mean. They've drafted a total of 3 tackles above round 6 in the past 5 years. One is on NFI, another developed blood clots in his lungs and ended up losing 40 pounds, and the third is our starting LT. I don't see a lot of "failing to inspire confidence."

Last edited:
If a team with a horrid line like Arizona doesn’t want him, then I’m not too optimistic.

Dante will work his magic and turn roughed up and scoffed shoe leather into filet minion

Last edited:
Dante will work his magic and turn rougher up and scoffed shoe leather into filet minion
it takes time to graduate from Scar Academy

Well, we know who's getting a giant contract in due time....

it takes time to graduate from Scar Academy

I did a little (5 min) google research on him on the AR website. Most of the reviews of Cunningham seemed to be pretty positive for a rookie thrown unexpectedly into the fire, but he needs time. Then he was put on IR with a foot issue, and AR seemingly had a near record number of injuries on their OL last year. It may be that AR coaches are so focused on having some type of success this coming year (to remain employed) they aren’t that interested in a promising, but unpolished and lost for the last year on IR prospect, perhaps they are focused on staying employed next year with an OL that is ready to go next year without going on IR rather than potential for the future.

After watching Skipper play this preseason, this move shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Found this tweet on the Cardinals forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back