PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade!! Cardinals send OT Korey Cunningham to Pats for a 6th round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have 14 draft picks "to start with". Let's stop with that nonsense. It's not the first or second time I've read that comment. It's not going to be that many even though we know how BB likes to work the system.
As for Cunningham, good on Bill to see we need something better than Skip or Croston. He played OK when given the chance. Not sure why 'Zona gave up on him.
I see another OL in a possible trade or pick-up, depending if Andrews will miss the season or most of it.
True but before the trade today, they anticipated having 14 picks
6 of their own
4 compensatories ( 2 likely in round 3 and 2 likely in round 6)
1 from Eagles in Bennett trade
1 from Falcons in Richards trade
1 from Seattle in Hollister trade
1 from Bears 4th rounder)
We all know the Pats won't make 14 picks but the number of picks gives the team ammunition to make trades like the one today without having a major impact on next year's draft. That's the point many posters were trying to make wrt the "14 picks"..

Never heard of this guy.
That's crazy, there's only like 2700 NFL players in preseason. You better hit the film study pronto, you'll never pass the Patsfans.com Preseason Final Exam tomorrow night after the game.

it takes time to graduate from Scar Academy
Yes, but you can make the honor roll relatively quickly if you apply yourself and listen to the teacher.

I suspect that with these two trades, bb is done with the o line, unless someone gets hurt tomorrow night,

Next up tight end. It is so hard to think lacosse makes this team, even for 4 weeks. Bb is going to bring in a body at some point.

At tackle? I'm curious who you mean. They've drafted a total of 3 tackles above round 6 in the past 5 years. One is on NFI, another developed blood clots in his lungs and ended up losing 40 pounds, and the third is our starting LT. I don't see a lot of "failing to inspire confidence."

I didn’t know exact number of tackles drafted but it seems like we draft 1-2 o lineman every year, and they aren’t always listed as a Tackle coming out of college

I don’t get excited by trading for late round offensive line picks from other teams 1 week before the regular season starts to answer our depth problems

I put a ton of faith in Scar tho

Trusting Scar is fine, putting blind faith into him is not. We still have to give him raw talent that he can mold. He won't make **** to gold.

Trusting Scar is fine, putting blind faith into him is not.
No, it's blind faith. He walks on water, I saw him. The fish was good, too, though the wine was a little dry.

We still have to give him raw talent that he can mold. He won't make **** to gold.
Not sure who "we" would be but I agree that even he can't make Ferentz a LG even in preseason scrimmages.

Trusting Scar is fine, putting blind faith into him is not. We still have to give him raw talent that he can mold. He won't make **** to gold.

What do Tom Ashworth, Joe Andruzzi, Steve Neal, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, and David Andrews have in common?

What do Tom Ashworth, Joe Andruzzi, Steve Neal, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, and David Andrews have in common?
deemed as all pro players in the draft process?

So the two guys still on their rookie contracts and with some time left. These trades bring depth for now but it seems like they have an eye on the future as well. Probably both names were on the Patriots board at the time of their drafts and they kept scouting. That's one of the things the Patriots do best, they keep scouting the players into professional while most teams after the draft must completely forget the other players they had on the board.

I'm not sure BB is done if a trade offer comes up. We have plenty of interesting players that other teams might want to secure before cuts.

Last edited:
Not to trivialize the OL position but don't you just need to be a big guy who knows how to stand in someone's way?
If you haven't mastered the art of standing in someone's way, isn't that something you could learn?

deemed as all pro players in the draft process?

nope........starting OL for super bowl winners that are UDFA's......just a reply to your assinine comment about giving raw talent to mold......you would have been smarter in saying 'I don't know anything about these guys, but I hope they work out'

nope........starting OL for super bowl winners that are UDFA's......just a reply to your assinine comment about giving raw talent to mold......you would have been smarter in saying 'I don't know anything about these guys, but I hope they work out'

you thought I was serious?

you thought I was serious?

what's even funnier is that you think I was serious with my 'dude is awesome' 'dude sucks' commentary which I've been doing for pretty much every new patriot/non patriot for years.......wake the f*ck up

Arizona gives up a pick in order to get rid of the player. Not bad, ne can always cut him.

Wait, what? Oh lord no,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes