PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade!! Cardinals send OT Korey Cunningham to Pats for a 6th round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know - I hadn't thought about the Kingsbury connection as far as potential trade partners.

Well, given the compensation reported, that would seem to be one positional competition resolved.

The reviews are scary but can't be worse than Skipper.

I wonder if the 6th is conditional upon him making the team. Not that it matters much since we have about 14 to start with right now

Sometimes teams sign guys (like we just did) just to get through the the 4th preseason game, and to offer the guy a chance to put him self out there on game tape. Even if the 6th was conditional, it would seem like its more than that. I hope Skipper didn't sign any leases just yet.

I was hoping to see some trades going on this week, but so far nothing. Friday and Saturday should be very interesting.

The reviews are scary but can't be worse than Skipper.

Where are you reading your reviews? This thread seems to mostly show Cardinals fans who are confused about why they gave up one of their only viable players at their weakest position for so little. I even saw a delusional post or two saying another trade between the two teams "has to be in the works" (kind of like people here acted about Garoppolo after we traded him).

Thuney, Karras, Mason, Froholdt, Croston

I'm fine with an upgrade of Croston. But the need isn't critical.

. Upgrade if possible there but IOL is the only true need.

Nice! Cunningham had awful technique and really nice athleticism in college. Scar can work wonders with him. I had him labeled as a 6th/7th round player of interest for the Scar OL academy. Glad to see that they finally saw the light regarding my excellent scouting skills lol.

Where are you reading your reviews? This thread seems to mostly show Cardinals fans who are confused about why they gave up one of their only viable players at their weakest position for so little. I even saw a delusional post or two saying another trade between the two teams "has to be in the works" (kind of like people here acted about Garoppolo after we traded him).
OT, it’s funny how you can get a sense of fan bases just by looking at a thread or two. Overall, that seems like a pretty rational group. By way of comparison, a brief visit to a Chiefs forum will make you reconsider humanity.

We don't have 14 draft picks "to start with". Let's stop with that nonsense. It's not the first or second time I've read that comment. It's not going to be that many even though we know how BB likes to work the system.
As for Cunningham, good on Bill to see we need something better than Skip or Croston. He played OK when given the chance. Not sure why 'Zona gave up on him.
I see another OL in a possible trade or pick-up, depending if Andrews will miss the season or most of it.

I know absolutely nothing about this guy, but slightly disappointed that none of our own scouted and drafted players (many higher than a 6th rounder) inspired such little confidence in the coaches that they went and traded with the Cardinals for their 6th rounder from a year ago.

Injuries along the O-Line terrify me at the moment. Thank goodness we have Scar.

OT, it’s funny how you can get a sense of fan bases just by looking at a thread or two. Overall, that seems like a pretty rational group. By way of comparison, a brief visit to a Chiefs forum will make you reconsider humanity.

I remember Falcons fans as pretty good, and Chiefs and Steelers fans as the worst. This is entirely based on their respective forums of course.

Another one

b79e73e9d6c4e3ea23b333301282d9cf.png

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Korey Cunningham | NFL.com

Overview
Athletic tackle prospect with good foot quickness but a bevy of physical concerns. Cunningham's issues with body control and balance are due, in part, to a lack of functional core strength and additional weight work may not correct it to an acceptable level. Cunningham will need to become stronger and a much more proficient technician in order to hold an NFL roster spot.

Strengths
  • Good foot quickness in initial kick slides. Carries weight on inside post foot in pass slides for smoother redirects against inside moves. Has athletic ability for sudden responses and change of direction against twists. Plays with adequate lateral quickness to handle zone blocking duties
  • Fits and runs his feet to wash down move blocks. Capable in space as pull blocker or in screens
Weaknesses
  • Falls below the average mark for arm length and hands are small. Lacks necessary functional power in upper body
  • Catches defenders on his edge and is unable to press and separate from them. Edge rushers can play through his outside hand and flatten to the quarterback. Generates very little meaningful movement when asked to scrap it out at the point of attack. Body control and balance through contact are troubling. Plays with wide, grabbing hands and opens his frame to bull-rushers. Gets tossed around too easily
612b5d0c646d17792421239f6da2a8c1.jpg

Korey Cunningham, Cincinnati, OT, 2018 Draft Scout, DraftScout.com/NFL Draft Scout

T-Rex arms!

I really, really hope that this pick is conditional, because I don't know if I would've traded even a 7th-rounder for this JAG.

You know that's only about in inch off league average, right? :p

His explosion numbers were exceptional. You and I talked about him as a late round target back in April of 2018. A 6th round pick when we had 13 projected draft picks next year is nothing.

or maybe they’re too stupid to realize he’s good?
So Patriots call you, wants one of your players and are willing to trade him, don't you pause a bit and see if you are doing something wrong? If I were other GMs, I will take my sweet sweet time dealing with BB. But I hear BB makes a proposition, sets a time for no deal and it just business, no small talk, no how is your family doing etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots