PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlin is an idiot

Perhaps Belichick lets Vinatieri kick that FG in SB 42 instead of going for it on 4th down.
Passing up a 46 yd attempt to go for it on 4th and super long was a head scratcher, for sure. That was one of the BB-WTF-SB moments.

FWIW—Gost has missed kicks in the season’s biggest game for 3 years running now. You forgot the SB versus ATL.

How many more Superbowls would we have if we never lost Adam V
Perhaps Belichick lets Vinatieri kick that FG in SB 42 instead of going for it on 4th down.

Also, against Philly, didn't Gostkowski miss an XP and/or FG in the Super Bowl?

Missed an XP in the AFCCG vs Denver as well. Otherwise the game would've went to OT instead of losing on the failed 2 PT attempt.
:rolleyes: That's right fellas, NEVER count your blessings. Instead, focus on disappointment and bitterness over what shoulda coulda happened in a perfect world. Your reward in the next life will be reincarnation as a Jete fan.

So Ghost will be looking for new work if he keeps up his shanking.

All these guys are on thin ice unless they play for perrenial losers.

Also, against Philly, didn't Gostkowski miss an XP and/or FG in the Super Bowl?

Missed an XP in the AFCCG vs Denver as well. Otherwise the game would've went to OT instead of losing on the failed 2 PT attempt.

To be fair Vinatieri’s last game as a Patriot was not good. Might have helped lead to his exit.

As for Ghost he has been very clutch but yes he has missed more than I care to see in big moments. Hopefully he figures it out.

To be fair Vinatieri’s last game as a Patriot was not good. Might have helped lead to his exit.

Adamatic's exit was pre-agreed before his last season here started, It was the right move for both the player and the team.

:rolleyes: That's right fellas, NEVER count your blessings. Instead, focus on disappointment and bitterness over what shoulda coulda happened in a perfect world. Your reward in the next life will be reincarnation as a Jete fan.
I was just answering his question.

How dare I step out of line to think about anything other than 5 rings at all times.

Day-to-day and game-to-game Gostkowski has been a better kicker than Adam over Gost's career. FG%, distance, and the fact that AV doesn't do kickoffs. There might be an argument that SG has been below par in some big moments.

There is also a tendency to gloss over AV's misses and only remember game-ending makes. This is not to criticize AV, since he's a lock first-ballot HOF-er based upon longevity of excellence, the most accomplished clutch kicker ever, and the snow bowl kicks are the best clutch kicks ever. SG hasn't been in the position to do some of the postseason things AV did, but based upon regular season body of work, I think he could.

Passing up a 46 yd attempt to go for it on 4th and super long was a head scratcher, for sure. That was one of the BB-WTF-SB moments.

FWIW—Gost has missed kicks in the season’s biggest game for 3 years running now. You forgot the SB versus ATL.
I don't want to defend Ghost, but isn't every game important given the PO seedings at this point?

Day-to-day and game-to-game Gostkowski has been a better kicker than Adam over Gost's career. FG%, distance, and the fact that AV doesn't do kickoffs. There might be an argument that SG has been below par in some big moments.

There is also a tendency to gloss over AV's misses and only remember game-ending makes. This is not to criticize AV, since he's a lock first-ballot HOF-er based upon longevity of excellence, the most accomplished clutch kicker ever, and the snow bowl kicks are the best clutch kicks ever. SG hasn't been in the position to do some of the postseason things AV did, but based upon regular season body of work, I think he could.
Everyone also overlooks the two AV misses in SB38 because NE went on to overcome them and win.

I don't want to defend Ghost, but isn't every game important given the PO seedings at this point?
Do you take issue with the idea that he’s missed kicks in what I deemed as the “season’s biggest games” for the past three years? I just piggybacked off of another poster’s comment where I included the middle year (2016) to go with his examples of 2015 and 2017. All three were either AFCCGs or SBs.

Comments:

1.) This is a thread about Tomlin, right?

2.) That being said....I am wary about paying Gostkowski a big contract this off-season. Don't get me wrong...the man is one of the top 5 kickers in the league...especially on kick offs and I have been GENERALLY happy with him since 2006. Just that I don't like how much it would cost to retain him when we could pick up a rookie and see how it goes and add a vet or two for competition in camp.

3.) Gostkowski has a penchant of missing PAT's....I can't explain it...but every time it happens I feel a sense of doom. I can live with missed figgies...but PAT's...just drives me crazy even if they are only a point...they do really change the complexity of a game, IMO.

4.) Vinatieri...... January 19th, 2002...the 46 yard line drive to tie it.....greatest kick ever made in professional football history period full stop.

Ben's pass last year? I'd rather lose on the last play with laterals than a QB (Ben) total lack of intelligence.

Think of the roller coaster Steelers fans were on Sunday:

25 second left, Steelers with a 4 point lead, Oakland facing a 4th and goal from the 6. One more stop and the Steelers win. The Raiders score a TD on their final chance and Steelers fans think they're done. But wait, there's hope. The Steelers bring the kick off back to the 35 and, with 15 seconds left, pick up 48 yards on one play. All is not lost. They've got a chance to tie with a 40 yard FG and win in OT. Then, their kicker slips, the FG attempt is blocked and the game is over.

Watching your team lose stinks. Seeing the Dolphins final play unfold was no fun at all, but at least it was over and done on one play. I'd rather that than go through the "Just one stop-Damn, we're done-Wait, there's a chance-Yes, tie it up. We can still win!-No, we're done. This time for real."

So Tomlin says the Steelers do not not miss Le'Veon Bell??:confused: We neither.:D

Everyone also overlooks the two AV misses in SB38 because NE went on to overcome them and win.
True, but I cut Adam a little slack due to the long snapper situation.

Regards,
Chris

Do you take issue with the idea that he’s missed kicks in what I deemed as the “season’s biggest games” for the past three years? I just piggybacked off of another poster’s comment where I included the middle year (2016) to go with his examples of 2015 and 2017. All three were either AFCCGs or SBs.

Not at all. I'm talking the Miami game only.

Tells the press they are willing to explore options to replace their kicker and holding open tryouts when they have the biggest game of their season to date coming up.

Putting pressure on the one guy on the roster that you wouldn’t want to feel pressure in what is probably going to be a very close game. LOL?

And the sky is blue and the sun rises in the east....

lily-tomlin.jpg

Tells the press they are willing to explore options to replace their kicker and holding open tryouts when they have the biggest game of their season to date coming up.

Putting pressure on the one guy on the roster that you wouldn’t want to feel pressure in what is probably going to be a very close game. LOL?

The reality is will the pressure work. It could go either way. It it doesn't then that's on Pittsburgh.

The reality is will the pressure work. It could go either way. It it doesn't then that's on Pittsburgh.

I'd like the standard blowout of Pittsburgh this weekend, but I can't help but hope that, if the game is close, they miss the game-winning kick and the camera pans to Tomlin, speechless (as per usual), with that "the lights are on, but nobody's home" look on his face.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back