PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady removed the nfl* decal from his helmet (update: Brady says he was unaware of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK now the truth comes out about scissor/cut-gate. I'm sure those stickers are on there pretty tight. He probably cut his hand trying to use scissors to get the sticker off the helmet.

Florio agrees with you.

I love it!! But than again I'm the type of person if the Patriots win the superbowl, I want him to refuse to take the trophy from Goddells hands and also wouldn't mind seeing in that same moment him telling him to kiss his ass, or something better ;)

Call it 'Conduct detrimental' and Gooddick could make up whatever suspension he feels like making up.

Goodell may want to, but knows that (1) will further alienate players and fans, (2) if contested, his track record of going overboard might finally catch up with him, (3) make Brady a martyr.

Florio agrees with you.
I really think that was what happened.

Wonder if the two days away from the team after that was some kind of hush hush disciplinary thing between he and Tom?

Maybe Bill just told him to get away for a few days and cool off because Tom was pissed he didn't play.

Strange.

oh, roger isn't going to like this.

i bet the nfl owners pressure goodell to suspend brady an extra game.

What I really want to see is Brady come out in this bad boy for the Michigan coin toss, whatever the punushment would be would be worth it

ClownTurqouise.jpg

Kind of like

header.jpg

OK now the truth comes out about scissor/cut-gate. I'm sure those stickers are on there pretty tight. He probably cut his hand trying to use scissors to get the sticker off the helmet.
It's the cover up not the crime, if he had just come out and admitted he was cutting the sticker it would be fine but, now he's made it a big deal.

Pretty sure that Goofdell can't fine you for something you wear outside the NFL facilities..

Pretty sure the US Courts said Goodell can use article 46 to do anything he likes.

And sad thing is Goodell would have a better, and more logical, case for suspending you for wearing clothes that harm the image of the NFL than for Deflategate.

Ultimate **** YOU to the league that tried to destroy the name of the greatest qb of all time... Would be to decline enshrinement into the hall of fame... Now that would would the greatest middle finger of all time

Does it bother anyone else that people are talking more about the sticker than they are about why the sticker was removed?

;)
The masses are asses...

It is actually an equipment violation! PFT ran an article yesterday about Kaepernick and the American flag on his helmet and how the NFL don't permit players to remove the stickers because they want them to be the same or some nonsense.

But good on Brady for doing it and if it's done to challenge them to issue the fine then it's borderline genius.
OK.

If you're reading this right...and I have no reason to believe that you aren't...by removing the "Shield" from his helmet Brady has essentially reproduced the "Equipment Violation" that Kaepernick would have committed by removing the "Flag" from his helmet?

And...it gets better...

As a result, Brady is more or less daring Dear Old Roger to levy the same fine on Brady for removing the Omissioner's precious Shield from one helmet as he would levy on Kaepernick for removing the Stars and Stripes from another helmet...while, as an added bonus, reminding people that Brady's now debunked alleged deflation of footballs was nothing more than an Equipment Violation in the first place, punishable by an $8,000 fine?

Right?

That is sheer ****ing genius!

It's the sort of thing that James Carville and Karl Rove would dream up if they were both on the same side!

Yes...if this gains traction among the NFL players on all teams, it sounds the death knell of Stokoe's repugnant reign of error. The owners will HAVE TO SEE the players openly defying Goodell's "decisions" as evidence that they have zero respect for and will not obey anything this idiot tries to rule on going forward>

Voila! Golden parachute time...return to the street as ordinary Joe citizen and a LIFE of looking over his shoulder for that last encounter with the Barry Bonds autographed model, 34 ounce maple skull crusher. Universe hear my prayer!

The only decal I want to see is the reverse Louisville Slugger decal from a bat smashed right in that ****in' scumbag Goodell's goddamned smarmy face.

I wouldn'the want this to happen to ****dell. Hitting him label side might just break the bat. Better chance that he gets Tomjanovich'd if you hit him opposite the label...

Using right hand to hold helmet with right thumb near right side of decal. Using left hand holding knife to get under decal to lift it off. Klutz

So when BB found out he sat him.

Helluva theory
Being right handed, wouldn't he have the knife in his right hand? But it makes sense that's how he somehow cut himself.

2016 NFL Rulebook | NFL Football Operations

This year's official rulebook...I'm going to go through it...perhaps some of you may want to do so also. Let's find out EXACTLY what this moron Goodell can do.
What he should he able to do anyways...court just said he can do anything. He can probably order Brady to divorce Giselle and make him spend a week in a chicken custume.

It's definitely an equipment violation:

RE: Helmets:

"Helmet with all points of the chin strap (white only) fastened and facemask attached. Facemasks must not be more than ⅝-inch in diameter and must be made of rounded material; transparent materials are prohibited. Clear (transparent) plastic eye shields are optional. Tinted eye shields may be worn only after the League office is supplied with appropriate medical documentation and approval is subsequently granted. The League office has final approval. No visible identification of a manufacturer’s name or logo on the exterior of a helmet or on any attachment to a helmet is permitted unless provided for under a commercial arrangement between the League and manufacturer; in no event is identification of any helmet manufacturer permitted on the visible surface of a rear cervical pad. All helmets must carry a small NFL shield logo on the rear lower-left exterior, and an approved warning label on the rear lower-right exterior. Both labels will be supplied in quantity by the League office."

So there you go - the gauntlet was clearly dropped. No way he did that without knowing this.

Here is the page produced by the NFL on equipment violations...

Fines & Appeals | NFL Football Operations

here's the closest thing I can find to what Brady did by removing the decal

"

Other Uniform/Equipment Violations

$6,076

$12,154

That's it as far as I can tell. Now let's sit back and watch what this damnable maniac Shytdell does...

It's ON! Open defiance before the first snap of the 2016 season. The Groundhogdell has been hiding all year in his little sewer rat hole. He must now make an appearance, and make another holocaustic "decision" or be relegated to the sackless eunuch we all know he REALLY is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore