PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tired of the mac jones hate...

Im real sick of the mac jones hate, im not saying he is the next coming of tom brady but idiots like felger wiggy schine cox adam jones all want lamar i quit on my team and im overated jackson... i would not want lamar for 4 first round picks and 500 million... sorry mac jones was done dirty by belichick , and he has o brien now for 2023 to prove he is good but if belichick dont improve the team then its a waste of another year... belichick is mailing his final years in , and knows he is untouchable... he is the best coach that ever walked the sidelines, but he is doing mac jones a huge diservice... this team will need alot just to get to third place let alone second ... i know still have the draft and trades that may happen .. .but lets go bill improve the team and to the mac haters give him a year at least ok...
Grow some thicker skin if you are following the Boston media coverage. They always tend towards the negative because it gets more clicks.

Like him or not, Mac Jones put his position in serious doubt with poor performances in 2022. Yes Matt Patricia and Joe Judge's 'joke' of an offense put Mac in a worse position but he did not do himself any favors. Not only did he perform poorly on the field, he actually had emotional outbursts and temper tantrums on the field that all the fans could see, and that's not a 'good look' for your QB.

Unless the Patriots move for Lamar Jackson, and that's doubtful because of the money he would demand, Mac Jones is gonna get 1 more shot in 2023. Jimmy Garappolo going to the Raiders is probably the best news that Mac Jones has heard today because that increases his chances of staying as the Patriots starter.

That being said the future is malleable, if a guy like Stroud slips down the draft, should the Patriots pounce? I would say yes, he's a clear upgrade physically, athletically, and talent-wise on Mac.

But if that doesn't happen, I can easily see the Patriots using their 1st round pick on a potential franchise left tackle or potential #1 WR. And Mac Jones will only have to worry about Zappe in training camp.

Like him or not, Mac Jones put his position in serious doubt with poor performances in 2022.
I disagree vehemently with this "opinion". Our rocket scientist O co-ordinator PUT the 2nd year QB in the precarious position of playing defenses that KNEW what the O's first down call would be. Constantly playing 2nd and 3rd and longs revealed flaws in Mac's game that SHOULD have been ameliorated by a COMPETENT co-ordinator.
Now I went beserk and had to LEAVE this board for months because I repeatedly posted that Patricia was a disastrous hire at OC When I came back and the regular season started I was one of the FEW here who pointed out repeatedly the playcalling idiocy going on. In one gameday thread I called 95% of our offensive snaps on first down for the entire game. If some old fart sitting in a lounger eating shrimp and nachos can do that just what the hell do you think defensive co-ordinators league wide knew???
THis team has to see and make sure that MAC can be the starter here going forward. We will know soon enough BUT you cannot draw conclusions from that clusterfack offensive staff the Pats threw out there last season. IMO

The hate is understandable. After all, if you were a virgin, you'd hate him, too.

112221-sophie-scott-mac-jones.jpg
I don't get your point. She doesn't seem to hate him at all.

I hope he's buying a box of tagalongs or mint milanos because otherwise he's looking at I'ma say a 20 year suspension

I guess he's incapable of running a game winning drive then.

You know, I have never kicked a 2 month old baby in the forehead. I just must not be able to
Is kicking a 2 month old baby in the forehead something you want to do?

Nobody knows enough about what Mac Jones is capable of to make that declaration, including yourself. To this point it's all guessing.

This is the kind of negative forecasting that people with limited insight entertain to convince themselves and others they have a "bead on things." But at least you're talking yourself into skipping this upcoming season, which should lighten the mood around here.
Well there's 2 years of evidence that he can't win a game that's not played in the low 20's or lower.

You get to the mid 20's and the Pats are cooked.

Well there's 2 years of evidence that he can't win a game that's not played in the low 20's or lower.

I'm confused - what are you even referring to?

1678844378534.png

They went over 40 three times in 2021 (hit 50+ twice), and won several close games, including two that fell into the criteria you're referring to (Texans and Chargers).

And again, we've got who we've got. Who else do you want them to line up under center, especially considering you've got two QBs on rookie deals for at least the next two seasons?
the sandlot killing me smalls GIF

Did you even bother looking at the damn scores from the last "two years of evidence"? You simply are wrong AGAIN in the process of proving my point and reinforcing the OP's very legitimate gripe. We're heading toward a new season. I am fed up with people like you accentuating the negative while forecasting doom and gloom at every freaking turn -- in mid-March, no less. A big part of the joy in following a team is rooting for them to do well even as supposed underdogs and being open to something good coming from what's yet to be written. If you can't do that here, find another team to follow or just shove off.

Last edited:
Mac Jones put his position in serious doubt with poor performances in 2022. Yes Matt Patricia and Joe Judge's 'joke' of an offense put Mac in a worse position but he did not do himself any favors. Not only did he perform poorly on the field, he actually had emotional outbursts and temper tantrums on the field that all the fans could see, and that's not a 'good look' for your QB.

What seems in serious doubt here is your post. Did it ever, for a moment, possibly occur to you that Mac's poor performances, outbursts and tantrums were inextricably linked to that Patricia/Judge "joke of an offense"? Attempting to separate the two is a nonstarter.

Did you even bother looking at the damn scores from the last "two years of evidence"? You simply are wrong AGAIN in the process of proving my point and reinforcing the OP's very legitimate gripe. We're heading toward a new season. I am fed up with people like you accentuating the negative while forecasting doom and gloom at every freaking turn -- in mid-March, no less. A big part of the joy in following a team is rooting for them to do well even as supposed underdogs and being open to something good coming from what's yet to be written. If you can't do that here, find another team to follow or just shove off.
How many games have the Patriots won where the other team scored 25 points with Mac Jones as quarterback? (I'll answer for you zero, they're 0-11)

How bad do you have to stink offensively to be 0-11 when the other team scores 25 points :rofl:

They're good at piling on points when the game is already over with turnovers against the little sisters of the poor, when the other team scores points they lose.

Last edited:
How many games have the Patriots won where the other team scored 25 points with Mac Jones as quarterback? (I'll answer for you zero, they're 0-11)

How bad do you have to stink offensively to be 0-11 when the other team scores 25 points :rofl:

They're good at piling on points when the game is already over with turnovers against the little sisters of the poor, when the other team scores points they lose.

Oh, so now you're setting the bar at the other team scoring 25 points where before it was the low 20s and of course, a neophyte like yourself believes the quarterback operates in a vacuum. Clearly, you don't belong here and need another team to follow. Here, try this: New York Jets Fans (UK)

There will be open competition at the QB spot during TC. Doubts can be put to rest then.

"but idiots like felger wiggy schine cox adam jones all want lamar i quit on my team and im overated jackson..."

They're not "idiots." They're provocateurs, and apparently it worked on you. If they say things people agree with, the phones don't light up and tey don't get the ratings.

Their job is to be over-the-top, provocative, contrary, and vicious. Anger is addictive.

Right on the money.

There will be open competition at the QB spot during TC. Doubts can be put to rest then.
I would think another QB is in that mix.

I have been a supporter of Jones, but I’m questioning him more as time goes on. Not because of arm strength, but because of his inability to extend plays. Brady started out with the same limitation, but he was able to adapt by learning to move and avoid hits inside the pocket, or get rid of it so quickly that the pass rush couldn’t get to him, with the Seattle Super Bowl being the best example of this. If he’s going to succeed then he’s going to have to learn to recognize situations faster, get rid of the ball quicker, and learn how to maneuver inside the pocket, or get out of it better. If he doesn’t he won’t succeed, period. There’s always going to be a pass rush, he has to learn how to deal with it better, or perish. They also need to get a Welker/Edelman slot receiver who he can get rid of it to immediately. Meyers was a good possession receiver, but he didn’t have that kind of quickness. If they do make a trade for Hopkins, and then add that kind of slot receiver he will have no excuses.

We agree - but it would have only bought three years and we'd be in the same boat.
I would have taken the 3 more seasons of Brady. And who knows which other QB they would have drafted by now. So it wouldn't necessarily be the same boat.

Had they drafted Lamar - they'd be in the same boat as the Ravens.
Their boat is having an elite dual threat quarterback. Lamar will stay in Baltimore if they pay him. We don't know what the financials would look like either if Lamar were in New England. Big mistake passing up on Lamar twice in that draft.

He's done with the NFL and clearly toying with the Jets. Rodgers isn't the same guy as three years ago, and he doesn't seem to have the same love out there as he used to. He may not be physically done, but he certainly seems like he is mentally.
I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Rodgers. But, I honestly believe Belichick could possibly make it work with Rodgers for a couple of seasons. And by work I mean be a team with a chance to really compete with the better teams in the conference. I don't think Rodgers guarantees 13 or 14 wins but he guarantees more than 8 or 9 wins and a postseason spot.

Carr is not that much better than Mac - not at this point. Certainly not at that price tag. And he's smart to have picked a dome team. He's not a cold-weather guy.
I think Carr is better than Mac. Belichick is a better head coach than McDaniels too, so again, I think Belichick would have a better Patriots team with Carr over Mac. Conversely, McDaniels with Mac in Vegas would be a disaster.

Don't try and be coy - you're basically saying start Zappe over Mac. Albeit, if Mac looks terrible in camp and Zappe is slinging it, Belichick wouldn't be afraid to make the change if that's what it came down to.
I've said I thought the (Patricia) offense looked better with Zappe. I hated the draft pick at the time but Zappe has exceeded my expectations already. I truly like the idea of an open competition in camp and having Belichick and O'Brien decide the starter from there.

So we're back to square one. No real good alternative.
What about Brady? There are rumors he wants to play another season, preferably Miami, but maybe Belichick, O'Brien, and the Krafts could talk him into a 1 year reunion?

Compared to most of the QBs today, Jones is pretty tough.
Based on what? The way he sprinted off the field with an ankle sprain and was carrying on as they dragged him down into the tunnel was a really bad look. You can't deny that. It was the opposite of a display of toughness.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back