PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tired of the mac jones hate...

The hate is understandable. After all, if you were a virgin, you'd hate him, too.

112221-sophie-scott-mac-jones.jpg

I still think he could be a top 10 QB. Not betting on it. But I think people focus way too much on the first half of the season last year and not his rookie season or when he played fairly well considering the situation down the stretch even though it was the point where Trent Brown totally gave up trying and working against Patricia's horrible and predictable offense.
He is what he is, which honestly was good enough. If they can get the ball in the end zone and keep teams at bay on defense the way they did last year (and not give up special teams' touchdowns), they can win 10+ games and do some damage in the postseason. If people keep expecting him to be Brady, or Josh Allen, or whoever, then it's just not realistic. The guy cares and wants to win and he's putting in the hours, which is all you can ask for.

I still don't get WEEI's strategy of counterprogramming Felger with a team that includes two second rate knock offs of Felger (Jones and Arcand). When the best host on your afternoon team is Meghan "Mego" Ottolini, you know you suck.
Weei got left in the dust by bad choices, and are now desperate to play catch up... the warm milk they served up, especially after minihane got canned was blah... So now they try to imitate instead of originating - finding quality talent to counter program with... and its cheaper to pay a knock off than it is to pay a knock out artist...

I still don't get WEEI's strategy of counterprogramming Felger with a team that includes two second rate knock offs of Felger (Jones and Arcand). When the best host on your afternoon team is Meghan "Mego" Ottolini, you know you suck.
Nobody is worse than Courtney on the Greg Hill show. They need to get rid of her. All she does is look at her computer and give smirks from the conversation. And can someone give here a booster seat? That microphone is always covering her face.

Nobody is worse than Courtney on the Greg Hill show. They need to get rid of her. All she does is look at her computer and give smirks from the conversation. And can someone give here a booster seat? That microphone is always covering her face.
Yeah, she's pretty miserable. She used to be O.K. but she's sort of gone downhill there.

Weei got left in the dust by bad choices, and are now desperate to play catch up... the warm milk they served up, especially after minihane got canned was blah... So now they try to imitate instead of originating - finding quality talent to counter program with... and its cheaper to pay a knock off than it is to pay a knock out artist...

I don't want to turn this into a WEEI discussion, but I will say this. I get that they think contrarian radio is the hot way to go with sports talk radio. But if they are going to go that direction, they need to actually find contrarians who do it differently than Felger and not two guys who learned under Felger and model their on air personalities after him.

Yeah, she's pretty miserable. She used to be O.K. but she's sort of gone downhill there.

That whole team was formed to make Greg Hill "look" good...

Don't listen to the morning show. I have hated Wiggy as a radio personality from back when he was on Felger and Mazz. So I will take your word on that.

Don't listen to the morning show. I have hated Wiggy as a radio personality from back when he was on Felger and Mazz. So I will take your word on that.
meh, she's not too awful. The afternoon show however....my god that's bad. Mego and company, ugh....bad radio. I actually liked the MFrs.

Boston is known for it's toughness. We go from Bledsoe who played through a broken finger willing his team to wins in 1998, was dying yet still wanted to play in 2001 and Tom Brady to Mac has been seen crying two years in a row. He dances around the field while the team carries him and has been called a pansy or something like that by a former NFL QB. He was then booed off the field against the Bears very early in the MNF game.

Mac fans are in the minority.

Boston is known for it's toughness. We go from Bledsoe who played through a broken finger willing his team to wins in 1998, was dying yet still wanted to play in 2001 and Tom Brady to Mac has been seen crying two years in a row. He dances around the field while the team carries him and has been called a pansy or something like that by a former NFL QB. He was then booed off the field against the Bears very early in the MNF game.
He was liked when he helped run the Pats to a playoff game his first year. Its his career and it was chaos last year, I really don't blame him. How many of you would just put up with the clownshow and shut up if it were you? Coming from Alabama and then McDaniels to that? Id lose my sh@@ a little myself.

He was liked when he helped run the Pats to a playoff game his first year. Its his career and it was chaos last year, I really don't blame him. How many of you would just put up with the clownshow and shut up if it were you? Coming from Alabama and then McDaniels to that? Id lose my sh@@ a little myself.
As much as I don't like Mac, he was put in a position to fail last year.

QBR 2022 (scale 0-100)

29. Zach Wilson 36.4
30. Mac Jones 36.1
31. Davis Mills 33.2
32. Carson Wentz 33.0
33. Bake Mayfield 24.5

Game-Winning Drives 2022

01. Cousins 8
02. Brady 5
03. Herbert 5
04. Daniel Jones 5
05. Allen 4
06. Burrow 4
07. Mahomes 4
08. Pickett 4
09. Rodgers 4
10. Ryan 4
11. Carr 3
12. Geno 3
13. Goff 3
14. Mariota 3
15. Mills 3
16. Russell Wilson 3
17. Brissett 2
18. Dak 2
19. Fields 2
20. Hurts 2
21. Lamar 2
22. Lawrence 2
23. Rush 2
24. Tua 2
25. Wentz 2
26. Zach Wilson 2
27. Dalton 1
28. Darnold 1
29. Flacco 1
30. Garoppolo 1
31. Heinicke 1
32. Huntley 1
33. Murray 1
34. Purdy 1
35. Ridder 1
36. Trubisky 1
37. Winston 1
38. Skylar Thompson 1
39. Mac Jones 0

In his 31 NFL starts, Mac Jones has 1 game-winning drive (against Houston who is 7-26-1 over the last two seasons).

Game-Winning Drives 2022

01. Cousins 8
02. Brady 5
03. Herbert 5
04. Daniel Jones 5
05. Allen 4
06. Burrow 4
07. Mahomes 4
08. Pickett 4
09. Rodgers 4
10. Ryan 4
11. Carr 3
12. Geno 3
13. Goff 3
14. Mariota 3
15. Mills 3
16. Russell Wilson 3
17. Brissett 2
18. Dak 2
19. Fields 2
20. Hurts 2
21. Lamar 2
22. Lawrence 2
23. Rush 2
24. Tua 2
25. Wentz 2
26. Zach Wilson 2
27. Dalton 1
28. Darnold 1
29. Flacco 1
30. Garoppolo 1
31. Heinicke 1
32. Huntley 1
33. Murray 1
34. Purdy 1
35. Ridder 1
36. Trubisky 1
37. Winston 1
38. Skylar Thompson 1
39. Mac Jones 0

In his 31 NFL starts, Mac Jones has 1 game-winning drive (against Houston who is 7-26-1 over the last two seasons).
I guess he's incapable of running a game winning drive then.

You know, I have never kicked a 2 month old baby in the forehead. I just must not be able to

Mac fans are in the minority.
Most of us who fall into this category know that until the next guy comes along, he's all we've got. Belichick will continue drafting guys and whatever happens, happens. But there's no point in hating the guy you have until an adequate replacement is available. They'll play out this year and then go from there.

Most of us who fall into this category know that until the next guy comes along, he's all we've got. Belichick will continue drafting guys and whatever happens, happens. But there's no point in hating the guy you have until an adequate replacement is available. They'll play out this year and then go from there.
That's why I'd like to see Bill make some major moves and see what Mac's got.

Game-Winning Drives 2022

01. Cousins 8
02. Brady 5
03. Herbert 5
04. Daniel Jones 5
05. Allen 4
06. Burrow 4
07. Mahomes 4
08. Pickett 4
09. Rodgers 4
10. Ryan 4
11. Carr 3
12. Geno 3
13. Goff 3
14. Mariota 3
15. Mills 3
16. Russell Wilson 3
17. Brissett 2
18. Dak 2
19. Fields 2
20. Hurts 2
21. Lamar 2
22. Lawrence 2
23. Rush 2
24. Tua 2
25. Wentz 2
26. Zach Wilson 2
27. Dalton 1
28. Darnold 1
29. Flacco 1
30. Garoppolo 1
31. Heinicke 1
32. Huntley 1
33. Murray 1
34. Purdy 1
35. Ridder 1
36. Trubisky 1
37. Winston 1
38. Skylar Thompson 1
39. Mac Jones 0

Mac has also has two games lost where he drove them down the field at the end but the game was lost with a fumble near the end zone.

Again, hate him all you want. But until someone better comes along, he's what we've got.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back