PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and prediction

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

What kind of defeatist attitude is that? If we lose one, two, or even all three of our last three games, at this point in time we're chasing the Broncos for the #1 seed so of course we'd root for Denver to lose.

You may have given up on the season but lets not mistake that kind of attitude as some form of enlightened reasoning. The truth is that that kind of thinking is no different from a spoiled child who quits when everything doesn't go his way. You're more than welcome to live your life whatever way you choose but believe it or not, some of us find enjoyment in rooting for a team that scratches and claws, and fights for everything they get, even, no change that, ESPECIALLY when confronted by adversity.

Go Patriots!!! Feel the Magic! Become the Magic!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That is the BB/TFB era Patriots fan in a nutshell... Pouting..

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

Again, though: why do you people want Denver to lose so badly? You really think we're gonna go 3-0 the rest of the way? Are you just tired of the media talking about how good Denver is, or…?

Why on Earth would you not want your team to control its own destiny?

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

well my chargers beat eli and peyton in back to back weeks, now if only they could drive to Louisiana and beat the **** out of archie

Broncos forum is almost as entertaining as it was after we beat them. They finally realize their team is a fraud. Just like Houston who lost the #1 seed last year after we humiliated them.

Broncos forum is almost as entertaining as it was after we beat them. They finally realize their team is a fraud. Just like Houston who lost the #1 seed last year after we humiliated them.

I don't think they're a fraud. I think they're the 2011 Patriots.

Broncos rushing total: 18 yards

Ryan Mathews rushing total: 127 yards

This is what happens when ur QB is obsessed with records and doesn't hand over the ball to the RB in the red zone

Broncos rushing total: 18 yards

Ryan Mathews rushing total: 127 yards

This is what happens when ur QB is obsessed with records and doesn't hand over the ball to the RB in the red zone

Or hand the ball off ever. 11 rushes in a game they had a lead for quite a while is the biggest stat padding I've ever seen.

Two Mannings losing in the same week is always ORGAZZZZZZZZZZZMIC

champagneGif.gif

Gotta love the Bronco ball-washing even after a loss like this. The top two headlines on NFL.com are "Broncos still AFC faves" and "Chargers stun Broncos in upset of the year".

One article even goes out of its way to clarify how much more flawed the Pats are as a team than the Donkies.

The bias is often hard to comprehend..

I felt that Peyton Manning's 2 minute offense was slow and not very good.

I was checking on NFL.com throughout my shift at work tonight and was yelling at the monitor with joy when the final score appeared on the screen. The talk on PFW radio show a few days ago was this could be a team of "destiny", tonight was a great first step...

Folks at NFL.com are stunned that their golden boy crapped the bed. Headlines are "...upset of the season" and "Broncos still AFC Faves". :rolleyes:

Folks at NFL.com are stunned that their golden boy crapped the bed. Headlines are "...upset of the season" and "Broncos still AFC Faves". :rolleyes:

I read the "still faves" article, and the only thing I could think of afterwards was how much of an idiot the writer was. He used TD:INT ratio to claim as a Bronco that Manning's cold weather struggles are "more narrative than reality". There's a problem there:

Overall TD:INT ratio

82:20 (4.1:1)

Cold weather TD:INT ratio

14:4 (3.5:1)

Non-cold weather TD: INT ratio

68:16 (4.25:1)

Using the writer's chosen stat, Manning has a clear dropoff in his cold weather Broncos games.

I felt that Peyton Manning's 2 minute offense was slow and not very good.

One thing i observed was that he didnt throw a single long ball in the last few minutes , you cant score twice with hardly any time remaining on the clock if you don't throw the ball for over 25-30 yards atleast once.

I read the "still faves" article, and the only thing I could think of afterwards was how much of an idiot the writer was. He used TD:INT ratio to claim as a Bronco that Manning's cold weather struggles are "more narrative than reality".

I love it! The author is actually unknowingly doing us a service. After Manning's "sun don't shine" comment, this cold weather 'controversy' clearly gets under his skin. Lets hope the mediots milk the topic dry, and hence continue driving Manning up the wall. :becky:

peyton-snow.jpg

jackfrozen.jpg

i wouldn't call it upset of the year

i'd never call something an upset of the year when it's an inter divisional rivalry

and it's not like the chargers never beat peyton, aside from the pats, chargers have the next best record against peyton i believe.

Thank you San Diego!!!

Nothing personal against Peyton, but I am extremely happy for the Chargers. I am happy to see Philip Rivers having success tonight and giving him and his team a better chance to make the Playoffs. Not to mention Philip Rivers is an excellent role model who carries himself on and off the field in such an excellent way. Like Tebow it is hard not to root for a guy like Philip Rivers. In addition, Philip Rivers and Tim Tebow have the same agent. Anyways, it was a good game tonight. The real competition begins once the playoffs start in January.

Why does everything have to be about Tebow???? Seriously, just propose to him already.

Read this very slowly:

NFL-wise, Tim Tebow is I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T.

Please don't insult Philip Rivers by drawing connections and similarities between him and a QB that 32 NFL teams don't even want on their Practice Squads.

Last edited:
Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

Why does everything have to be about Tebow???? Seriously, just propose to him already.

Read this very slowly:

NFL-wise, Tim Tebow is I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T.

Please don't insult Philip Rivers by drawing connections and similarities between him and a QB that 32 NFL teams don't even want on their Practice Squads.

You picked out one name from an entire post. Why does it make you mad?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back