PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and prediction

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

i wouldn't call it upset of the year

i'd never call something an upset of the year when it's an inter divisional rivalry

and it's not like the chargers never beat peyton, aside from the pats, chargers have the next best record against peyton i believe.

Thank god they fired Norv. This would have been the classic charger collapse and a 30-27 OT win for Denver. I'm starting to wonder weather Chargers are a contender or not. Kinda has some similarities to the giants championship years.

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

Peyton Manning in his press conference last night said that his cold weather critics might want to hold off shoving it where the sun don't shine.

Why does everything have to be about Tebow???? Seriously, just propose to him already.

Read this very slowly:

NFL-wise, Tim Tebow is I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T.

Please don't insult Philip Rivers by drawing connections and similarities between him and a QB that 32 NFL teams don't even want on their Practice Squads.

in his defense someone brought tebow up(jokingly) prior to his post.

I love how in the post game presser Peyton whined about running 95 offensive plays sunday and then having a short week.....he brought it up, wasn't even asked about it, and said it may have had something to do with their performance

brady loses gronk....knows all the players his D has lost....and says in the post game presser that it doesn't matter, the season goes on, you've just gotta be mentally tough and do your job and win games

think there's a difference between the two?

I love how in the post game presser Peyton whined about running 95 offensive plays sunday and then having a short week.....he brought it up, wasn't even asked about it, and said it may have had something to do with their performance

So what he is saying is that instead of running up the score against Tennessee that maybe he should have been resting on the sidelines?:cool:

So what he is saying is that instead of running up the score against Tennessee that maybe he should have been resting on the sidelines?:cool:

he would never say that! records and individual achievement matter more to peyton than team wins.....

it was just a convenient excuse for a poor performance

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

Not quite!!

Hey, on the first (or second, I didn't look) page of this thread, I said you guys had a "very conceivable shot at winning" this game. :D

Every time I have seen the Chargers this year I have been impressed. They also have quite a few players that I had wanted on our roster such as Liuget and Allen. Its getting to the point where I don't want to see us face them and wouldn't mind them getting knocked out of the playoff race altogether. Their record shows how inconsistent they are, but when they are hot they look really good especially when Woodhead gets going.

Gotta love the Bronco ball-washing even after a loss like this. The top two headlines on NFL.com are "Broncos still AFC faves" and "Chargers stun Broncos in upset of the year".

One article even goes out of its way to clarify how much more flawed the Pats are as a team than the Donkies.

The bias is often hard to comprehend..

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier but, to further the bias, the announcers were commenting about the Bronco's lack of offense in the 2nd and 3rd quarters claiming that the Chargers were controlling the clock (true) and as a result the Broncs didn't have the ball much (failing to mention that the Broncs had three series of three and out). Three series is plenty of opportunities to put up some offense.

Every time I have seen the Chargers this year I have been impressed. They also have quite a few players that I had wanted on our roster such as Liuget and Allen. Its getting to the point where I don't want to see us face them and wouldn't mind them getting knocked out of the playoff race altogether. Their record shows how inconsistent they are, but when they are hot they look really good especially when Woodhead gets going.

AFC Playoff Picture: How does Bolts' win affect race? - NFL.com

Essentially, the Chargers need to win out and hope both the Dolphins and Ravens go 1-2 over the next three weeks.

Slim chance the Chargers make the playoffs. They already did their job for us. :D

brady loses gronk....knows all the players his D has lost....and says in the post game presser that it doesn't matter, the season goes on, you've just gotta be mentally tough and do your job and win games

think there's a difference between the two?

Jeezus, seriously? And no one in the national media calls him out on this whining (this plus the Philadelphia thing earlier).

But let Brady gesture for a flag — like every player does — and it's bombs away, Brady's a baby. (Admittedly, this is more from rival fans and from ex-players-turned-"media,", but still.)

Jeezus, seriously? And no one in the national media calls him out on this whining (this plus the Philadelphia thing earlier).

But let Brady gesture for a flag — like every player does — and it's bombs away, Brady's a baby. (Admittedly, this is more from rival fans and from ex-players-turned-"media,", but still.)

Not only did nobody call him out, they all backed him on NFL Network.

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier but, to further the bias, the announcers were commenting about the Bronco's lack of offense in the 2nd and 3rd quarters claiming that the Chargers were controlling the clock (true) and as a result the Broncs didn't have the ball much (failing to mention that the Broncs had three series of three and out). Three series is plenty of opportunities to put up some offense.

Some might say that's an opportunity to put up, you know, 21 points. ...

Peyton Manning in his press conference last night said that his cold weather critics might want to hold off shoving it where the sun don't shine.

I'm sure he'll have his buddy Jim Nantz make excuses for him during the NE/Mia game.

I may keep count on how many times Manning or Denver are mentioned during that game. I'll put the over/under at 5.

MockingRivers.jpg

Untitled23_zpsa1951fb0.jpg

hey everybody...do the Peytie Pout!!!!

oh...pout pout pout

pout pout pout

do the Manning, Peytie Manning...

(to the the tune of Shake Shake Shake by KC & The Sunshine Band)

Why does everything have to be about Tebow???? Seriously, just propose to him already.

Read this very slowly:

NFL-wise, Tim Tebow is I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T.

Please don't insult Philip Rivers by drawing connections and similarities between him and a QB that 32 NFL teams don't even want on their Practice Squads.

I think Tebow is not practice squad eligible otherwise I can say with 99.99% certainty that he would be on our practice squad :)

Not to mention Philip Rivers is an excellent role model who carries himself on and off the field in such an excellent way. Like Tebow it is hard not to root for a guy like Philip Rivers.

Phillip Rivers talks more trash on the field than any other QB in the league. I don't know what he does off the field, but he is a punk on the field. Ask Vrabel.

Rivers IS a great guy off the field...has a big family that he loves.

On the field, he's aggravating...but that's because I'm looking at him through my Patriots fan lense.

No doubt he brought the inner Peytie Pout out last night and for that, I applaud him.

Most top QB's, in fact almost all of them have huge,self centered egos but the winner winner chicken dinner award defintiely goes to "It's Everybody Else's Fault!!!" Manning. He's so blinded by his own image he actually blamed throwing so many passes last Sunday on last night's performance. HE'S the de facto O co-ordinator!...just blind as a bat..it will always be everybody else's fault.

This is all Papa John's fault. If Peyton hadn't tired his arm out tossing all that dough, last night would have been much different.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back