PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and prediction

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Thursday Night Football: San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos - preview and prediction
By:

The San Diego Chargers look to keep their slim playoff hopes alive Thursday as they take on division rival Denver at Mile High...

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

NFL Network must be so confused, "we actually have a good game on tonight?."

Welker out tonight is huge. Allen/Mathews/Woodhead have been red hot recently. It will also be a chilly night. If Rivers brings his A game, the Chargers can win this.

Comeon San Diego, get the team with over 21% of their cap on IR and 6% of it in jail the #1 seed!

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

Welker out tonight is huge. Allen/Mathews/Woodhead have been red hot recently. It will also be a chilly night. If Rivers brings his A game, the Chargers can win this.

Comeon San Diego, get the team with over 21% of their cap on IR and 6% of it in jail the #1 seed!

I think they have a shot, but it probably won't happen :(. Chargers will somehow have issues.

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

I think they have a shot, but it probably won't happen :(. Chargers will somehow have issues.

I think the Chargers have a very realistic shot. Rivers is capable of carving up that secondary.

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

The Chargers will do what they always do.

Intercept Manning early on, maybe go up a few scores, make us all think we've got a game here, and then completely collapse. And Manning finishes with 5 touchdowns.

manning with 4-5 TDs in this one..SD blows

Bruins are on late..so i will watch until they are on at 930

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and pr...

My prediction:

On 1st and Goal from the 1, Peyton Manning throws a pass.

The Chargers will do what they always do.

Intercept Manning early on, maybe go up a few scores, make us all think we've got a game here, and then completely collapse. And Manning finishes with 5 touchdowns.

LOL, I saw this thread and thought pretty much the same thing. Man, I HOPE SD pulls out a win, but I'm not expecting it. Go Super Chargers!!

Chargers will tease and do what they do. Screw it up. Talented but least trustworthy team.
Plus denver's offense is going to school that defense.

I remember some great Manning Face sightings a few years ago when SD beat Manning and the Colts as Peyton tossed pick after pick.
Good times. Good times.

tumblr_m1g9f7NscN1rq6ehvo1_500.gif

Chargers will tease and do what they do. Screw it up. Talented but least trustworthy team.
Plus denver's offense is going to school that defense.

This but it doesn't matter. We're going to meet the Broncos in the playoffs and it's going to be glorious whether it's in NE or Denver.

I remember some great Manning Face sightings a few years ago when SD beat Manning and the Colts as Peyton tossed pick after pick.
Good times. Good times.

That 2007 divisional game was as entertaining as it gets. Manning face after Manning face as those two teams just beat the hell out of each other. In the end, San Diego ended up winning with a back-up quarterback and Reggie Wayne got lit up on the last 4th down of the game. Watching that game as a Pats fan and knowing we got to play the winner and seeing all this, this was me at home...

253775-fran_large.jpg

My prediction:

On 1st and Goal from the 1, Peyton Manning throws a pass.

I mean it's not like they have any good RBs...wait. :rolleyes:

Chargers embrace historic chance | UTSanDiego.com

The last time the Chargers won as a double-digit underdog, the starting quarterbacks were the same -- Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning – as they’ll be Thursday night when San Diego enters Denver’s Sports Authority Field as a 10.5-point underdog.

As an 11-point underdog in the 2007 AFC Divisional playoffs, Norv Turner's first Chargers team intercepted Manning twice and overcame Rivers’ departure from a knee injury to beat the Colts in Indianapolis, 28-24. Chargers safety Eric Weddle had one of the interceptions.

Chargers rookie receiver Keenan Allen, 21, wasn’t yet conceived when his employer last won in the regular season as a double-digit dog.​

Bolts shouldn't be Manning-handled | UTSanDiego.com

Chargers embrace historic chance | UTSanDiego.com

The last time the Chargers won as a double-digit underdog, the starting quarterbacks were the same -- Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning – as they’ll be Thursday night when San Diego enters Denver’s Sports Authority Field as a 10.5-point underdog.

As an 11-point underdog in the 2007 AFC Divisional playoffs, Norv Turner's first Chargers team intercepted Manning twice and overcame Rivers’ departure from a knee injury to beat the Colts in Indianapolis, 28-24. Chargers safety Eric Weddle had one of the interceptions.

Chargers rookie receiver Keenan Allen, 21, wasn’t yet conceived when his employer last won in the regular season as a double-digit dog.​

Bolts shouldn't be Manning-handled | UTSanDiego.com

Those chargers had manning's number as much as pats had. That wade phillips 3-4 defense tends to work on manning. Thats why if houston was not this much a mess i wouldve given them a decent shot at beating them next week as well.

It's a shame that this game is not in SD, where the Chargers would stand a much better chance of winning. On the road, the Chargers are a weak team when playing decent opposition. I don't see this one within 17 points and more like 24.

It's a shame that this game is not in SD, where the Chargers would stand a much better chance of winning. On the road, the Chargers are a weak team when playing decent opposition. I don't see this one within 17 points and more like 24.

Chargers @ Chiefs a few weeks ago.....

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back