PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and prediction

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

Phillip Rivers talks more trash on the field than any other QB in the league. I don't know what he does off the field, but he is a punk on the field. Ask Vrabel...

...or Ellis Hobbs...

Re: Thursday Night Football, San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: preview and predic

Why does everything have to be about Tebow???? Seriously, just propose to him already.

Read this very slowly:

NFL-wise, Tim Tebow is I-R-R-E-L-E-V-A-N-T.

Please don't insult Philip Rivers by drawing connections and similarities between him and a QB that 32 NFL teams don't even want on their Practice Squads.

Hi Shmessy , I hope you are doing well. I wasn't comparing Tim and Philip's QB skills. I just mentioned I like how they both carry themselves. Like a few others stated, Tim would most likely be on the Pats practice squad if he was eligible. Anyways, it was a good football game between the chargers and the broncos. Take care! :)

Phillip Rivers talks more trash on the field than any other QB in the league. I don't know what he does off the field, but he is a punk on the field. Ask Vrabel.

Like I mentioned earlier Philip never cursed out the refs or the players. He just spoke out about the issues in the game. I am sure Philip talks trash, but I don't think he does so in a foul or inappropriate manner. When I play chess or do some other activity with friends and or family I sometimes do what some may call trash talk. I think they know it is all in good fun. Anyways, the Chargers vs the Broncos was one of the best Thursday night football games that I have seen in awhile.

Like I mentioned earlier Philip never cursed out the refs or the players. He just spoke out about the issues in the game. I am sure Philip talks trash, but I don't think he does so in a foul or inappropriate manner. When I play chess or do some other activity with friends and or family I sometimes do what some may call trash talk. I think they know it is all in good fun. Anyways, the Chargers vs the Broncos was one of the best Thursday night football games that I have seen in awhile.

A quick google search will show you that he talks a ridiculous amount in a very foul, very inappropriate way. The Vrabel/Hobbs incident Mr. Stone and I alluded to is just one of many cases.

A quick google search will show you that he talks a ridiculous amount in a very foul, very inappropriate way. The Vrabel/Hobbs incident Mr. Stone and I alluded to is just one of many cases.

There was a question about Philip Rivers on yahoo answers. The incident you mention and a few others were mentioned. A poster in there who goes by Rob B answered the question real well. Why does everyone hate Phillip Rivers? - Yahoo Answers.

http://livingthefaithonahighwire.blogspot.com/2011/07/charger-qb-philip-rivers-old-fashion.html

Galeb, you said in your other post that you don't know what Philip does off the field. One of many things he does off the field is run a program called Rivers of hope. You can read about that in the articles I linked

My take on the situation with him is this: I think Philip just loves the sport and is passionate about it. He calls out things/people in the game in certain situations. Overall, I have no issue with Philip.
Check out this article on Philip http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/catholic-quarterback-philip-rivers-passes-on-the-faith/. The title of that article is Catholic QB passes on the faith.

Thank god they fired Norv. This would have been the classic charger collapse and a 30-27 OT win for Denver. I'm starting to wonder weather Chargers are a contender or not. Kinda has some similarities to the giants championship years.

i liked norv

plus chargers have had several collapses this year under mckoy lol

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes