PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Thursday Night Football: HOU at KC - Who Ya Got? and Game Discussion

You still need talent despite BB being a great scheme guy.
I'm not going back and forth. You obviously didn't really take in my last post. Obviously you need talent, but BB does more with less in a one-game scenario than most. We've seen lesser rosters beat much better teams in big games numerous times in 20+ years. But you're entitled to your opinion. I'm bowing out because it's not that much more important to me. No offense.

You still need talent despite BB being a great scheme guy.

If there's one coach that can win with less talent it's the one we have right now.

Another thing like the Patriots, Mahomes gets rid of the ball SO FAST, like Brady used to. It's almost indefensible. 1-2-3 throw, sometimes it's 1-2 throw. He makes it look so easy. I definitely feel they have a chance to repeat, they have to be the favorites to win the SB by a mile. Not basing this on just last night, it's just that their offense is unstoppable, they can be behind for 3 quarters, and they'll put 21 points up on you in the 4th. It' been that way since the 2018 season.

I've only watched a handful of PM-Chiefs games, but they seem to get BETTER as the game progresses if they are behind. It's exactly what anyone would want out of a football team.

And, I only watched the final 10 minutes of regulation last night, when they were up like 31-7, and letting the Texans waste a bunch of time even allowing scores. It reminded me of a Pats game.

The Texans’ starting defensive line is almost 80 pounds lighter than las year, from 347 to 310 at nose tackle and 320 to 280 at end. It showed.
Similar situation for the Pats...will we see a similar result (RB going for over 100 yards)?

The quality of play was moderately better than I expected. Of course, it's only one game and one of the teams is the best team in football.

I think the NFL told the refs to keep their flags in their pockets. I saw players getting away with a lot out there, but the last thing the League needs is 22 penalties in the season opener.

Also **** those hickster Chiefs fans for booing their own players and the Texans during what was meant as a moment of unity. Fcuk you all. I hope you hit your shins repeatedly into very sharp edges.

I cringed so hard when I heard that... a real /facepalm and shaking of the head moment

Watson should have played out his deal and fielded offers...
Meh. Watson is no Mahomes. He can run but in this game he did not impress as a down the field passer and held the ball longer than he should have. I think the hype around more mobile quarterbacks is too much. You still need to be a strong passer to go all the way in the NFL. Now HOU is paying Watson like he's a championship level QB and I don't see it. I'm similarly down on Cam. He's great for a one year free agent pickup but IMO won't be the long term answer.

I don't think playing out his deal was the right move for Watson. He actually has a better contract than Mahomes, more money up front and more cash flow and less years so he can get another bite of the apple sooner than Mahomes can. Watson is getting paid now rather than waiting for it. I'm thinking he'll show he's a good starting QB but not a championship level QB as the season progresses, especially without Hopkins.

Watson is taking the money and running, which I think is the right strategy.
The sad thing is Mahomes was the only one we weren’t in a position to draft (Kelce round 3, Hill round 5, Edwards-Helaire was 32nd overall we chose to trade out for another D2 defensive back)
This board would have defecated all over itself if BB spent another 1st rounder on a RB.

PS: Tits!

I cringed so hard when I heard that... a real /facepalm and shaking of the head moment
Meh just don't preach to them and they probably don't boo. Both sides have to accept that nobody owes anyone anything; nobody owes you a comfortable pregame "ceremony" unrelated at all to social justice and nobody owes you an applause or cheers for your actions

Meh just don't preach to them and they probably don't boo. Both sides have to accept that nobody owes anyone anything; nobody owes you a comfortable pregame "ceremony" unrelated at all to social justice and nobody owes you an applause or cheers for your actions
In Week 2, maybe we can get Tim McGraw to lead us off with a few songs off of the “Shock’n Y’all” album, followed by that cheesy “American Soldier” song with an Eagle flying across a lush landscape on the Jumbotron as it plays. That would bring a hillbilly to his knees. I’m sure absolutely everyone would love that. After that and the National Anthem, Al and Cris can break down the current market and health care reform.

It was an honest reaction to all the self-righteous posturing leading up to the game. I can't blame them.
It was definitely honest, I’ll give you that...

Changing gears ... Is your avatar supposed to be Flying Elvis with a sore tooth? I can't find my glasses. Seriously - not being facetious or anything.

sure, you dont have to cheer or applause.. but booing is pretty damn disrespectful, regardless of your position on anything

decency still matters

Changing gears ... Is your avatar supposed to be Flying Elvis with a sore tooth? I can't find my glasses. Seriously - not being facetious or anything.
Maybe its a do rag?

It’s Cam as flying Elvis

sure, you dont have to cheer or applause.. but booing is pretty damn disrespectful, regardless of your position on anything

decency still matters
I saw no problem with it whatsoever. If the players want to have the right to kneel, not come out of the locker room, or otherwise make a spectacle of themselves, they should be prepared to deal with booing. The crowd has the right to express themselves as long as it doesn’t violate someone else’s rights. This didn’t.

Houston looked sloppy without D-Hop is going to be awhile before teams with turnover get into a groove. That's why for the first few weeks bet on the teams with the continuity of QB and HC it definitely showed last night.

As one tweet said, at least we can all stop pretending it's all about the flag now.

decency still matters
So they are only allowed to express agreement, not disagreement?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back