PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Divisional Games: Who you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seattle is going to wreck the Packers. I like the Packers ground game but they are completely untested otherwise and Seattle's offense is pretty nuts.

KC-HOU.. I have no idea. I think the Texans can put up 35+ on KC's defense and the Texans are more physical all around. Can KC put up more than that? Their offense has taken a step back this year.

Here’s my list of my rooting interests, most to least (not that anyone cares besides me but it's a fun exercise and I'm super bored at work today)

1. Titans -- I like Vrabel and other Pats connections (Ryan, Butler, etc.), and I have the least hate for them compared to the rest of the field.

2. Vikings -- Team and fanbase seems generally likable, their fans have had a lot of tough times. If Cousins won it would be pretty funny and I could make my hilarious "you like that??" dad joke multiple times.

3. Texans -- I like Watson (the interview where he breaks down the safety coverage earlier this year endeared him to me). I like Hopkins a lot. I don't like JJ Watt that much but have admiration for all the help he did for the area when they got hit by the hurricane. I guess O'Brien is OK given his Pats connections. Fans don't seem to deserve it though.

4. Seahawks -- I like Lynch a lot, and have a grudging respect for Wilson even though he's a robot weirdo. I guess the fact that they beat Denver in '13 and then we beat them the next year makes me like them more.

Now it switches from 'don't mind if they win' to 'I actively don't want any of these teams to win'. 5, 6, and 7 here mostly revolve around the QBs, who all have potential to join the GOAT conversation vs Brady if they win more Super Bowls, and avoiding that is probably my primary rooting interest.

5. Ravens -- I hate the Ravens. I hate Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs (neither of whom plays for them anymore but still). I do like Lamar Jackson and think he's the least likely to win multiple titles (compared to Rodgers and Mahomes) so that's why they're 5. I also hate their fans although interactions with Chiefs fans have been worse over the past 12 months, so there's some recency bias. I'm sure Ravens fans will become a lot worse if they win this year.

6. Packers -- This is almost a tie with the Chiefs. Rodgers has been an afterthought this year so there's a lot less GOAT talk about him. It'll come roaring back if he does anything this postseason though. Watch out.

7. Chiefs -- I really don't want Mahomes to get a jump start on winning titles. Nothing against him but if he plays to his potential he could win a few and then we'll have to hear all these Brady comparisons. (I'm sure something weird is gonna come out about him eventually that we can laugh at though). I also hate Tyreek Hill with a passion and think our fan who dumped beer on him should get a medal. Chiefs fans pushed it over the edge though, the ones who invaded our board, and the ones on chiefsplanet, make me want them to never experience happiness in life or sports.

8. 49ers -- this one is personal. I live in the Bay Area and the fans out here all suck. Warriors fans are all over the place, coming out of nowhere five years ago. Most people moved here from somewhere else and are in tech and don't know anything about sports. They are fake as hell but they still make the sports culture around here super obnoxious. I don't wish them anymore success after the Giants and Warriors did so well. The last thing I need around here is another dynasty especially revolving around a QB that used to be on my team. If the 49ers play the Ravens or Chiefs in the Super Bowl I'm going to be very upset.

Well this couldn’t have gone any worse for my rooting interests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call