PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Green Bay at Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you said is (direct quote here) "The problem with making everything reviewable is that subjective/fluid calls (facemask, PI, etc...) can't fairly be reviewed."

I don't see how it is even remotely conceivable to say that a judgment call cannot fairly be reviewed. When you review something, you can see it multiple times from multiple angles, as opposed to seeing it once at game speed.

It would be perfectly fair to institute replay for anything and everything, and the reviews would be perfectly fair.

As long as they don't take the cap off of the amount of times a HC can ask for a replay then it would have to work better than what's happening now. At some point the NYJFL needs to think of Belichick as more than a whipping boy for the losers in the NYJFL and start paying attention to his/Ernie's ideas.

I think we can blame the ref who threw the flag as he had no view of it. They shouldn't assume a penalty, especially when an official with a better view didn't throw a flag.
This. Unless you personally actually see a hand on the facemask don't throw the flag.

No the Lions did not get jobbed. For a team to get jobbed there has to be an implication of some sort of conspiracy.

OK, you can pick at literal definitions if you want. In this case, the Lions simply shouldn't have had to defend that last play. Every defense in the League, even the best ever, will eventually lose if their success is taken away from them by the refs and replaced by continued attempts by the offense.

...it's obvious the ref really believed he saw a face mask penalty. It happens. Let's also not forget the fact that the penalty barely helped Packers.

Yes, it happens, and every time a ref calls a penalty that he thinks he saw, rather than something he actually saw, it is a mistake and corrupts the result of the game. The penalty gave the Packers an extra play, one that they shouldn't have had at all. That's either a choice between no play, or one play; 0 vs. 1. That's a stark difference.

And of course the Lions could have defended it better. I'm not arguing that. I'm simply stating, again, what I said before: this isn't an either/or issue. Both are true. The refs gave the Packers something they shouldn't have had, and took it away from the Lions. And the Lions should have defended that play better.

I gotta say: I've always loved the Lions, and I was rooting for'm all the way ~ not least'f all because I've always loved the Vikings, as well!! ~ but for that last Play...I was rooting for the Packers!!

That Penalty was dubious, to be certain...

But WOW...What a Great Play.

LOVE this Game!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes