PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The World has never seen this Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted Brady to retire after the Atlanta comeback.
No...too early...
But after the Atlanta Super Bowl probably yes after beating Rams

No...too early...
But after the Atlanta Super Bowl probably yes after beating Rams
I think he should have retired this off season. His skills had clearly eroded in the second half of last year. Perhaps you can attribute that to injuries but how good are you feeling about a 43 year old who can’t play around injuries effectively?

After playing in only three games in 1984, Steve Grogan was right on the cusp of fulfilling many critics' expectations and officially being washed up. Lots of people thought little of his ability anyway, and his playing through many injuries over the years when he shouldn't have hurt his body and his statistical record.

But, he remained ready, and when Eason went down in 1985, he shook off the rust and utilized his experience and competitiveness as well as any older quarterback ever has. Berry deserves credit for letting Steve call his own plays, but he absolutely and obviously should have started him in Super Bowl XX, and again in Denver a year later.

"People think I'm old and beat up, so I can catch them off guard a little bit," he said during the win streak in 1985. He played like a champion.

Cam Newton has this type of opportunity today, whether he starts at first or not. The Patriots are still a team, not dependent on stars, although Edelman qualifies.

I'm worried about Edelman. The way he plays and longevity don't go well together.

As for Cam, the fact that there weren't many suitors for him, even at a discount, tells me that there's a chance he's damaged goods.

I think he should have retired this off season. His skills had clearly eroded in the second half of last year. Perhaps you can attribute that to injuries but how good are you feeling about a 43 year old who can’t play around injuries effectively?

I agree that he should have retired but I'm glad he didn't and I'm sad that he's ending his career with another team. I'll also be sad if there IS no season and he retires anyway. That's when Fraudger's 4 game theft will come into play in the regular season TD race with Brees.

I'm worried about Edelman. The way he plays and longevity don't go well together.

As for Cam, the fact that there weren't many suitors for him, even at a discount, tells me that there's a chance he's damaged goods.

Edelman has basically never been particularly durable. He's never started more than 13 games in his entire career, and I doubt that improves with age.

Edelman has basically never been particularly durable. He's never started more than 13 games in his entire career, and I doubt that improves with age.
I hope he will be as effective in a reduced role. 50-60 catches, still a go-to guy on third down.

We don't need to light the scoreboard up, just score more points than the other team.

I hope he will be as effective in a reduced role. 50-60 catches, still a go-to guy on third down.

We don't need to light the scoreboard up, just score more points than the other team.

Will the Pats offense be better than last season? I think that it could be.

1) I will root for Cam Newton and /or Jarret Stidham. May the best QB win the job.

2) I will always love and respect Tom Brady and be thankful for his contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes