PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The World has never seen this Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I've never seen hair this terrible

agreed....could care less if he helps us win games....but that tree coming out of the skull look....just hard to figure out ....WHY!!! GO PATS!!!

I didn't want him here, but now that he is I'll pull for him. I have no choice.
After playing in only three games in 1984, Steve Grogan was right on the cusp of fulfilling many critics' expectations and officially being washed up. Lots of people thought little of his ability anyway, and his playing through many injuries over the years when he shouldn't have hurt his body and his statistical record.

But, he remained ready, and when Eason went down in 1985, he shook off the rust and utilized his experience and competitiveness as well as any older quarterback ever has. Berry deserves credit for letting Steve call his own plays, but he absolutely and obviously should have started him in Super Bowl XX, and again in Denver a year later.

"People think I'm old and beat up, so I can catch them off guard a little bit," he said during the win streak in 1985. He played like a champion.

Cam Newton has this type of opportunity today, whether he starts at first or not. The Patriots are still a team, not dependent on stars, although Edelman qualifies.

He had three off-seasons to draft a QB and all he did was get Danny Etling and Jarred Stidman. You can look through the past 3 drafts and see all the viable QBs that are in the NFL that we could have had with our natural draft pick in the first round - Lamar Jackson, the current league MVP being the most glaring.

"All the viable QBs" - like who? Nathan Peterman? Lol. We didn't have a shot at any other legit QB except Jackson and Lock. Lock was not worth a first round pick. If we went Jackson over Sony - Jackson of course would have been a backup last year with us and wouldn't have been MVP. Pure 20/20 hindsight and that's the problem with it. You're making it sound like there was a lot more than 2. And as we know Sony was a big time contributor to the championship in 2018 so that's a W for the Patriots there.

Not to mention our former starter would have been even more of a grouch than he was last year with a move like that, like we needed his attitude to be worse.

Last edited:
sb= soy boy. If it walks like a duck....

The Bradyites are so grumpy these days lol. I guess they're trying to be like their binky in Tompa Bay was last year. :thumbsup:

The Bradyites are so grumpy these days lol. I guess they're trying to be like their binky in Tompa Bay was last year. :thumbsup:

Grumpy? Lol. No, I'm pumped to see what Cam can do. I hope we have a season.
See, unlike you, I don't have any kind of weird, neurotic agenda. I just like watching the Patriots play football. I also appreciate greatness.

Grumpy? Lol. No, I'm pumped to see what Cam can do. I hope we have a season.
See, unlike you, I don't have any kind of weird, neurotic agenda. I just like watching the Patriots play football. I also appreciate greatness.

Yup...only a Bradyite would say I have an "agenda" lol. I happen to think Brady sucked last year both in his attitude and his play, and that's because it's true. Go figure.

Yup...only a Bradyite would say I have an "agenda" lol. I happen to think Brady sucked last year both in his attitude and his play, and that's because it's true. Go figure.

No dude. Everyone here knows you got issues. I've never seen anyone on this board so obsessed with one player in a sick way.

No dude. Everyone here knows you got issues. I've never seen anyone on this board so obsessed with one player in a sick way.

The Bradyites have spoken. Lol. So grumpy. :D

Cam’s sweaty self-motivation/workout video’s are all well and good. Hopefully he is working just as hard on mental and mechanical aspect of his game to take it to the next level. I think he always had the physical tools but never developed into elite QB.

2018 would have been perfect...but he's kinda greedy for SBs. 6 isn't enough...
His legacy is secured, some fans like me are throwing fades his way but it is really just from being a tad hurt in seeing him in another uniform. With time, he will be always Patriots Tom. This is like Montana on the Chiefs, no one even talks about that.
My only critique of Cam's videos is that he was heading down stairs after saying he was going north. He should have shot the video climbing up. :p
Looks like the Panthers really hurt the guy. His whole life exist now to prove them wrong for getting Teddy.

Cam’s sweaty self-motivation/workout video’s are all well and good. Hopefully he is working just as hard on mental and mechanical aspect of his game to take it to the next level. I think he always had the physical tools but never developed into elite QB.

I keep seeing these articles about how the playbook is now going to open up for McDaniels because of Cam's athleticism. I just can't get on board with that until I see Cam's ability to anticipate receivers getting open and throwing in tight windows. THAT was a huge part of the playbook. This RPO stuff is a great way to get your QB1 injured. Seems the playbook will change, but not open up per say.

I like that. Can't wait to see him put a stop to that chiefs dynasty nonsense.

I keep seeing these articles about how the playbook is now going to open up for McDaniels because of Cam's athleticism. I just can't get on board with that until I see Cam's ability to anticipate receivers getting open and throwing in tight windows. THAT was a huge part of the playbook. This RPO stuff is a great way to get your QB1 injured. Seems the playbook will change, but not open up per say.
Cam's older now and has had his share of injuries. It's time to utilize his experience in an offense that does not primarily rely on his physical ability. He's always been emotional, which is normal. It's an emotional game.

Seems really motivated and he is contagious...:headscratch:

I know I'm not the first one to say this, but given the times, maybe re-wording is in order ("Every time he's been tested he remained positive" is not an improvement... :D )

He should start his own social media platform just for him called CamCam

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes