PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ultimate Brady vs. Ben Thread. Pittsburgh Troll Thinks They ARE in the same class

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many posts to reply to here. It's hard to keep up with them all. I see a lot of Ben haters and doubters are in the Boston area! I am waiting for some of my fellow comrads of the Black n Gold to join in and assist me in presenting the truth of Ben's elite status within the NFL QB ranks.

I will give a nod to those who point out that Tom has a better TD/Int ration and TD per attempt ratio. But I could also say that Ben has the highest QB rating in NFL history after first contact by a defender. That is a mighty impressive stat in and of itself. Well over 100, though I don't know the exact stat at this time.

Here is another stat worthy of mention. In one of the threads I saw a Pats fan mocking the fact that Ben has only thrown for 300 yards in back to back games once in his career, so he should not be expected to throw for 300 in this game.

Well, this Wikipedia link shows that Ben has as many 400+ yard games in his career (3) as Brady, and as many 500+ yard games as Brady (1). And I'm sure I do not need to point out that Ben has been playing far fewer years and thrown far fewer passes than Tom.

List of NFL quarterbacks who have passed for 400 or more yards in a game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will go so far as to make a guarantee that Ben will throw for at least 300 yards in this game, and if it's a shootout, he may reach 400. Mark it down! If he does this, and especially if the Steelers win, you can expect to see me back here reaping my accolades. If this does not happen, or if NE wins convincingly, don't expect to see me around here for awhile...at least until these two teams meet again, by which time hopefully everyone will have forgotten about this guarantee.
Obviously you don't understand the difference between being a Roethlisberger "hater" and correctly identifying that Roethlisberger is not in the same class of Quarterback as Tom Brady. You've obviously been drinking from the Eli Manning Kool Aid, with a little something else mixed in there for good measure.

Also, why make a guarantee then say you won't be around if it doesn't eventuate? Pretty simple to discount your posts as trolls and a waste of time.

Last edited:
Brady,Rodgers, Peyton, Brees = QB Tier 1.

Big Ben and Rivers= Tier 1.5

Eli, Romo,Sanchez among many others= QB tier 2

Winner, Winner Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Dinner:cool::p:cool:

BOOK IT:rocker::rocker::rocker:

exactly how many tiers are there in this scenario?

about as many as were being shed by Steeler fans in that Super Bowl "win" that was gifted to them by the refs...you remember Ed, the one where Rapistberger had a sub 20 QB rating...worst Super Bowl peformance ever?

oh....tiers.....my mistake...I thought you posted "tears"

Last edited:
Bill Belichick would say, Stats Are For Losers

Big Ben is not quite in the Class of TFB, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees.

I love to flaunt our Super Bowls, but Terry Bradshaw won 3 and he couldn't lick the scrotum of either thye QB's I mentioned and Big Ben would Rape Terry in the Bathroom as he shows his skill.

Big Ben is NOT in the Top Tier Sweepstakes. I put him and Phillip Rivers in their own and same group and Big Ben is leading that group by a HUGE margin. This Group I call QB's 1.5.

QB 2's are Ryan, Eli, Romo, Sanchez etc. Romo is good just NOT good in the sense of his management of the game.

Brady,Rodgers, Peyton, Brees = QB Tier 1.

Big Ben and Rivers= Tier 1.5

Eli, Romo,Sanchez among many others= QB tier 2

Winner, Winner Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Dinner:cool::p:cool:

BOOK IT:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Matt ryan is much better than romo, sanchez and eli - he should be in your 1.5 tier hands down.

other than his gw drive in the super bowl, i don't know what ben has done to warrant him being a top 5 QB in this league. I seriously can't think of any "great" ben rothlisberger moments other than that.

There are many posts to reply to here. It's hard to keep up with them all. I see a lot of Ben haters and doubters are in the Boston area! I am waiting for some of my fellow comrads of the Black n Gold to join in and assist me in presenting the truth of Ben's elite status within the NFL QB ranks.

Gatekeeper, if 2,000 people insist that 2+2=5 does that make it correct? I have no doubt you can find 2,000 Pittsburgh fans to say "BEN RULES!!!!"

I will give a nod to those who point out that Tom has a better TD/Int ration and TD per attempt ratio. But I could also say that Ben has the highest QB rating in NFL history after first contact by a defender. That is a mighty impressive stat in and of itself. Well over 100, though I don't know the exact stat at this time.

Here is another stat worthy of mention. In one of the threads I saw a Pats fan mocking the fact that Ben has only thrown for 300 yards in back to back games once in his career, so he should not be expected to throw for 300 in this game.

Well, this Wikipedia link shows that Ben has as many 400+ yard games in his career (3) as Brady, and as many 500+ yard games as Brady (1). And I'm sure I do not need to point out that Ben has been playing far fewer years and thrown far fewer passes than Tom.

List of NFL quarterbacks who have passed for 400 or more yards in a game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was just going to edit this out, but want to be helpful. Did you just quote wikipedia? Do you ever watch the Colbert Report? Google Elephants + Wikipedia + Colbert to see how trusty a source that is.

Oh, you may be right, but that is irrelevant. Frankly I'm embarrassed Patriot fans made you feel you have to discuss total passing yards. Still that source sucks.

Use something like this Ben Roethlisberger NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

I will go so far as to make a guarantee that Ben will throw for at least 300 yards in this game, and if it's a shootout, he may reach 400. Mark it down! If he does this, and especially if the Steelers win, you can expect to see me back here reaping my accolades. If this does not happen, or if NE wins convincingly, don't expect to see me around here for awhile...at least until these two teams meet again, by which time hopefully everyone will have forgotten about this guarantee.

I'm sure someone will mark down the guarantee and put it next to Rex Ryan's. I won't waste my time because usually when one passes that much the team is desperate. If the Steelers are down in the fourth qtr., I'm sure they will be passing and the defense will exchange letting them in FG range in exchange for time.

I'm not dissing Ben to say those are probably games the Steelers lost. The winning percentage for almost* all QBs is bad in games with lots of passing yards.

* If memory serves Peyton was the far and away the worst. I think Brady was #2 with like a 48% win percentage and #1 was Y.A.Tittle at 49% or something.

Last edited:
heh...jeezus...it's even WORSE than I remembered...Rapeberger's first Super Bowl appearance

........................ C/A YDS AVG TD INT
B. Roethlisberger 9/21 123 5.9 0 2

horrific

uh...an end to THAT argument....truly terrible...put a towel over your head

Last edited:

One of the reason Roethlisberger has the best completion percentage after first contact is partly because he holds onto the ball for far too long. Luckily for him, he is hard to bring down, but you are kinda making one of his worst quality as a QB an asset.

I wouldn't doubt he gets 300-400 yards vs. the Pats. He did last year, but granted a lionshare of those yards (and all of his TDs) were in garbage time when the game was already basically out of hand (. I wouldn't doubt if he gets a ton of garbage time yards this Sunday too.

Last edited:

<crickets...>

Apparently you don't have nearly as many comrade knuckleheads as you anticipated...

allright OP, here you go:

1. the number one quality you want in a QB is by far "does he win", above any and every other statistic, and that may be the ONLY part at which Brady and Big Ben may be comparable....

Big Ben is a winner, but that must take into account his running game, and his defense, and throughout the past decade or so both of those have been superior to the Pats

2. the steelers last SB apprearance was last year, the pats was in 2007, hence it is a fact to say that the Brady had 4 SB apprearences and 3 wins in 7 years....

and if we want to go into SB counts, lets not forget the one SB that was handed to the steelers...such a thing never happened to the pats

3. point already made by others: TD to Int ratio, td%, int%

4. Brady has NEVER had a season winning less than 9 games in a season

5. Brady led the most prolific offense in NFL history

6. You should compare MVP's, player of the week, plus other records like TD's in a season if you are going to go all the way

7. im tired of listing things, so im going to stop now....

8. last one: went 16-0

9. head to head match ups should definitely be included

Can we please ease up on this guy??

obviously anyone with a pair of eyes and a quarter of a brain cell knows that comparing Ben to Brady is ridiculous.

but that said.. the guy came here to debate. Shoot his stuff down, but no need to call him names. He's a homer, not a troll. No different than many here.

Stay classy boys.

obviously anyone with a pair of eyes and a quarter of a brain cell knows that comparing Ben to Brady is ridiculous.

but that said.. the guy came here to debate. Shoot his stuff down, but no need to call him names. He's a homer, not a troll. No different than many here.

Stay classy boys.

He's a troll. He started with the "Ben" v. Brady crap in 2007, continued in 2008, and then took a couple of years off before starting this nonsense up again.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/search.php?searchid=1149193

I don't mind the smack talk, but let's call it what it is. He's trolling.

Last edited:

Stay classy boys.
When you capitalize ARE and emphasize They ARE in the same class that isn't homerism on an opposing team's board, that's trolling.

Since you wanted to cherry pick stats, I thought I'd pull in a neutral party:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 QUARTERBACKS

Roethlisberger's never finished above Brady....

But I could also say that Ben has the highest QB rating in NFL history after first contact by a defender. That is a mighty impressive stat in and of itself.

Being too fat to tackle is worthy of praise?

Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye