PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The roster: Looking ahead to 2021

"I like Cam."

For once and for all: why? He "leads" the 29th-best passing offense. He's on track for 6 td passes, 14 ints. He sucks at the end of the game. His technique/footwork blows and is not getting any better. He doesn't SEE a d---d thing when he drops back. His accuracy leaves him unable reliably to complete even the easiest passes. His throwing mechanics look like a reel of failed trick shots. His only mastery is the mastery of the empty promise and the lame excuse. How about consistency? He has none. Do you really want a qb who can talk a good game but can't play one because he's too lazy to work at his actual craft, too baffled to learn an offense, to mentor a possible newbie? His qbr's are headed for single digits. Physically, he's obviously shot. Runs slow, can't throw. He's the black Ryan Mallet in ladies' millinery. This "I like Cam" stuff is pure delusion, incomprehensible to me. Not kidding. Why? What for?

watch the kc game, or watch the Steelers last year. It could be way worse. The overall results on offense are not terrible considering the talent. He was awful last week and in the post covid games but otherwise has kept the offense afloat. Not sure what more you’re expecting from a qb we are barely paying anything.

watch the kc game, or watch the Steelers last year. It could be way worse. The overall results on offense are not terrible considering the talent. He was awful last week and in the post covid games but otherwise has kept the offense afloat. Not sure what more you’re expecting from a qb we are barely paying anything.
I'm expecting competence, nothing more elevated than that. To this point, no one in their right mind would claim Cam has delivered that. He's a bust. Have you no response to the numbers I cited? You can't be serious, and I cannot believe such aa view is a result of an analysis of the actual football facts on the ground. Makes no sense whatsoever. Get real.

I'm expecting competence, nothing more elevated than that. To this point, no one in their right mind would claim Cam has delivered that. He's a bust. Have you no response to the numbers I cited? You can't be serious, and I cannot believe such aa view is a result of an analysis of the actual football facts on the ground. Makes no sense whatsoever. Get real.

It could be alot better, but you are seeing competence. Incompetence at qb is what we saw in kc. You dont have your team within 1 score of all but one opponent with incompetence.

This just in: The expression "even a blind squirrel will find a nut from time to time" has been changed to "Even Cam can complete a pass from time to time." It's heartwarming to have a local connection to the evolution of idiomatic English. Congratulations to the runner-up: "Sony walked across the living room and remained upright the whole way."

It could be alot better, but you are seeing competence. Incompetence at qb is what we saw in kc. You dont have your team within 1 score of all but one opponent with incompetence.
Your standards are far too low. I see NO upside going forward for the Cam debacle. 4 td passes, over twice as many ints. The 29th passing offense. C'mon now.

Your standards are far too low. I see NO upside going forward for the Cam debacle. 4 td passes, over twice as many ints. The 29th passing offense. C'mon now.

never said i want him going forward other than as a backup or last resort option if cheap. My preference is to look elsewhere for a starter

One thing is most likely, Thuney is a goner. If he wanted to stay, he would've signed long ago. Last offseason should've given you the final clue when Thuney balked at BB's typical low ball offer. This will probably be his only chance to get paid and will cash in after Quentin Nelson sets the market ceiling. Thuney has BB by the balls as there's hardly any major contracts (specifically at QB) and plenty of cap space. Either pay him top G money or let him walk.

Would not be shocking if a team was willing to trade for JC Jackson even if the Pats tender him at a 1st round level.
I have to correct myself as I received bad information. Nelson is not a free agent until 2023. Somewhere I read/heard from some a**hole stating Nelson was a free agent this offseason and he could get $20M annually.

In addition, the Franchise Tag for G's is less than last season. This is great news in keeping Thuney for at least another season and I see BB slapping the tag right back on him.

Unfortunately it’s not looking the big cap casualties will happen.

With very little knowledge I had a hunch that with so many teams having cap issues next year the various owners/teams would kick up hell and try and get things levelled off quoting Covid etc as an excuse. This of course does not help the teams that were going to have an advantage. Would not mind being a fly on the wall during those conversations ???

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back