Chung
Cannon
Bolden
Vitale
Lee
LaCosse
Toran

Not a bad start.

I think we will be going with one more WR (Thomas vs. Gunner). I think we might just go with 4 EDGE players and Rivers/Calhoun will be the player left behind.

Also until we hear otherwise I doubt that Miller will start the season on PUP. What is the point of signing him if he won't be available before Sony ?

Taylor has a tough uphill battle and I think will end up on the PS with Miller taking his place.

Also I don't think Murray will make the team but his replacement is not on the roster yet.

Not a bad start.

I think we will be going with one more WR (Thomas vs. Gunner). I think we might just go with 4 EDGE players and Rivers/Calhoun will be the player left behind.

Also until we hear otherwise I doubt that Miller will start the season on PUP. What is the point of signing him if he won't be available before Sony ?

Taylor has a tough uphill battle and I think will end up on the PS with Miller taking his place.

Also I don't think Murray will make the team but his replacement is not on the roster yet.
Very possible with Miller

Also, very possible with WR and edge

I had this roster still in the better half of the league until the opt-outs, now it's pretty barren after Gilmore, McCourty, Edelman

There's a fingerprint button on the screen when I access from cell phone or iPad with ads and privacy preferences that is really pissing me off, how do I disable this thing?

Maybe the mods will combine this thread with the other roster projection thread, but until then:

QB (3) C.Newton, J.Stidham, B.Hoyer

RB (4) L.Miller, J.White, D.Harris, R.Burkhead

WR (6) J.Edelman, M.Sanu, N.Harry, J.Meyers, D.Byrd, J.Thomas

TE (3) D.Asiasi, D.Keene, R.Izzo

C (2) D.Andrews, H.Froholdt
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, M.Onwenu
T (4) I.Wynn, J.Eluemenor, K.Cunningham, Y.Cajuste

DE (3) D.Wise, C.Winovich, S.Calhoun
DT (4) L.Guy, A.Butler, B.Allen, B.Cowart

ILB (2) J.Bentley, B.Copeland
OLB (4) J.Simon, J.Uche, A.Jennings, D.Rivers

CB (6) S.Gilmore, J.McCourty, J.Jones, J.Jackson, J.Bethel, M.Bryant

SS (3) A.Phillips, C.Davis, K.Dugger
FS (2) D.McCourty, J.Williams

ST (4) M.Slater, J.Cardona, J.Bailey, J.Rohrwasser

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2019

I can see Hoyer being cut if Bill is OK with Newton's & Stid's grasps of the playbook;

Soreknee starting season on PUP now looks more likely than not;

I want to see what both Byrd & Thomas can do here, and Thomas could be claimed if he shows something during what's going to have to pass as TC;

Asiasi & Keene deserve to have a solid veteran in the room with them, but until then it's Izzo by default...or should I say by Bill's fault;

Bill must've seen something in Cunningham & especially ElManure to surrender assets for them instead of simply wait for them to be waived and unclaimed and then sign them...I still hope that both of them stick and that ElManure gets a real shot at the RT job;

I had Coe making the 53, so we're short at DE now;

I was tempted to add Simon to the DEs to fill the hole made by Coe's release, but then those other LBs...ugh...worst in football otherwise;

We need a backup Slot CB for Jonny Jones, so I'm keeping Miles Bryant if he shows anything at all...sorry Mike Jackson;

Cody Davis replaces the execrable Terry Brooks...SloJuan moves to Harmon's role at FS.

Looking at this roster as of today, vs their schedule, I see only a 6-win team...including 3-8 after the bye.

Last edited:
Maybe the mods will combine this thread with the other roster projection thread, but until then:

QB (3) C.Newton, J.Stidham, B.Hoyer

RB (4) L.Miller, J.White, D.Harris, R.Burkhead

WR (6) J.Edelman, M.Sanu, N.Harry, J.Meyers, D.Byrd, J.Thomas

TE (3) D.Asiasi, D.Keene, R.Izzo

C (2) D.Andrews, H.Froholdt
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, M.Onwenu
T (4) I.Wynn, J.Eluemenor, K.Cunningham, Y.Cajuste

DE (3) D.Wise, C.Winovich, S.Calhoun
DT (4) L.Guy, A.Butler, B.Allen, B.Cowart

ILB (2) J.Bentley, B.Copeland
OLB (4) J.Simon, J.Uche, A.Jennings, D.Rivers

CB (6) S.Gilmore, J.McCourty, J.Jones, J.Jackson, J.Bethel, M.Bryant

SS (3) A.Phillips, C.Davis, K.Dugger
FS (2) D.McCourty, J.Williams

ST (4) M.Slater, J.Cardona, J.Bailey, J.Rohrwasser

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2019

I can see Hoyer being cut if Bill is OK with Newton's & Stid's grasps of the playbook;

Soreknee starting season on PUP looks more likely than not;

I want to see what both Byrd & Thomas can do here, and Thomas could be claimed if he shows something during what's going to have to pass as TC;

Asiasi & Keene deserve to have a solid veteran in the room with them, but until then it's Izzo by default...or should I say by Bill's fault;

Bill must've seen something in Cunningham & especially ElManure to surrender assets for them instead of simply wait for them to be waived and unclaimed and then sign them...I still hope that both of them stick and that ElManure gets a real shot at the RT job;

I had Coe making the 53, so we're short at DE now;

I was tempted to add Simon to the DEs to fill the hole made by Coe's release, but then those other LBs...ugh...worst in football otherwise;

We need a backup Slot CB for Jonny Jones, so I'm keeping Miles Bryant if he shows anything at all...sorry Mike Jackson;

Cody Davis replaces the execrable Terry Brooks...SloJuan moves to Harmon's role at FS.

Looking at this roster as of today, vs their schedule, I see only a 6-win team...including 3-8 after the bye.
The opt-outs really suck, I have NE at 8-8/9-7, but I'm definitely optimistic

I think, unless BB signs some vet FA's after the cuts, a good blocking TE not named Izzo might be wise. Hopefully, either Burt or Berry have the needed blocking ability. Berry has the added advantage of being a possible depth piece at DE. Although he is listed at TE, I envision Keene spending a lot of time at FB. Also, hope one of the UDFA burners (Taylor or Thomas) shows enough to make the 53.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back