PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster Before The Draft (April 3)

Backups are backups. Belichick didn't think that Taylor was a better choice for reps than Harris, Stevenson and Bolden. Taylor was considered a bottom of the roster, emergency backup.

So, for you, if Taylor isn't one of our top 3 RB's, then we should cut him? I don't see why. I think that we need a #4 RB. There are often injuries to RB's.
Taylor is not used right like Jonnu Smith wasnt either. With White on IR, there were plenty of snaps to go around. Especially passing.

Ivan Fears predicted last year to expect big things from Taylor. He is only the NE RB position coach, but I will take your word on Taylor instead.

I will be disappointed if we don't draft a corner in the first.
I'm not sure that Belichick will see the high priority in upgrading the backup NT position in the first 4 rounds.
Why backup NT? We can move God to 3T where he is better suited for us imo and pare him with a big NT to clock the middle and prevent the IOL from going to our LB. We need to prevent this north south run plays first, because if we use more athletic sideline LB those will help against horizontal run plays with their closing speed. They are not so much useful when you play okie and let Guards run free vertical in their face

Taylor is not used right like Jonnu Smith wasnt either. With White on IR, there were plenty of snaps to go around. Especially passing.

Ivan Fears predicted last year to expect big things from Taylor. He is only the NE RB position coach, but I will take your word on Taylor instead.
I guess that Fears had no input in the lack of use of Taylor last year.

But, Ok, Taylor will be given another chance in camp. Maybe he'll make the 53, maybe not.

Your point was that Taylor should be "used", enough to please you, or be allowed to pursue his illustrious career elsewhere. Apparently you think that teams will fight to snap up such a talent.

Make no mistake, I agree that Taylor COULD be a serious contributor. But then, so could whoever we add this year.

I guess that Fears had no input in the lack of use of Taylor last year.

But, Ok, Taylor will be given another chance in camp. Maybe he'll make the 53, maybe not.

Your point was that Taylor should be "used", enough to please you, or be allowed to pursue his illustrious career elsewhere. Apparently you think that teams will fight to snap up such a talent.

Make no mistake, I agree that Taylor COULD be a serious contributor. But then, so could whoever we add this year.
McDaniels probably sets the offenses game day roster. Do you mean to say that McDaniels is some Einstein? The same guy who ran off Peyton Hillis and rolled with Tebow as his QB?

Taylor does not get the chance to fail while Harry is still here breathing valuable oxygen. Belichick is not infallible either. Kraft correctly pints out that some of the drafting has sucked.

Free Taylor.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back