PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Published Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Focusing on "More probable than not" as a low threshhold.

Deus Irae's personal note: Blame the NFLPA for allowing such a ridiculous standard on such important issues.

Jastremski/McNally:

Loyal guys, been with Tom through thick and thin. Tom feels terrible that they've been put through this. doesn't feel they've done anything wrong.

Now discussing misinterpreting of texts due to lack of understanding of context and culture, says having someone on their side who understood the culture would have been helpful

connection lost

edit: Called back, just mentioned that options would be explored based upon punishment handed down and possible responses.

end of interview

It amazes me such a terrible report can convince the media and the rest of the country that Brady is guilty despite the MANY flaws and obvious bias against the Brady.

It just goes to show how deep the hatred for Brady and the Pats are to the media and the rest of the country.

Don Yee also pointed out last night on CNN that the 'investigators' had no clue about football and did not understand the context of anything that was going on.

That's something that was obvious in the Miami investigation, and something I've talked about again and again. You need context, both specific and cultural, to understand back-and-forth texting.

i wonder if they are going to give brady a chance to explain the report to them in a private meeting before giving a verdict?

Jastremski/McNally:

Loyal guys, been with Tom through thick and thin. Tom feels terrible that they've been put through this. doesn't feel they've done anything wrong.

First, thanks for the blow-by-blow...

Was he asked about Brady denying knowing McNally? I'm guessing he probably didn't know the guy's name, but "knew" him, as was discussed earlier.

First, thanks for the blow-by-blow...

Was he asked about Brady denying knowing McNally? I'm guessing he probably didn't know the guy's name, but "knew" him, as was discussed earlier.

That question still remains unasked and unanswered, to the best of my knowledge, and that's a question that really needs answering.

Don Yee also pointed out last night on CNN that the 'investigators' had no clue about football and did not understand the context of anything that was going on.

Which is why Don Yee and Brady should hire their own firm, maybe more than one, and do the same tests. This should have been done months ago. Video it and release it to the public.

Which is why Don Yee and Brady should hire their own firm, maybe more than one, and do the same tests. This should have been done months ago. Video it and release it to the public.

Agreed, but we didn't know this would blow up like it did

That question still remains unasked and unanswered, to the best of my knowledge, and that's a question that really needs answering.

I agree, because if he categorically denied knowing the guy ("Jim McNally?" "Jimmy?" "The guy in this picture?"), I question his intelligence more than his innocence.

In other words, i can't believe he'd do that.

And to the public, would you agree that this one point might well be the most damning "rumor" to get out there?

Considering that that's what everyone seems to be using as proof that Brady was lying and hiding something, it should be item 1A that requires answering. All Yee has to say is "the guy is a part-time game day employee, who was on the premises 8-10 times per year during the hours leading up to games when Brady is at his most focused and most determined to block out outside distractions. Why would he know McNally, any more than he 'knows' the dozens of other game day employees who are around the stadium from time to time?"

I assume that's at the core of all of this--the alternative is that Brady is, in fact, lying--and it's an easy case to make. The fact that Wells didn't find it plausible is laughable and demonstrates his clear bias. FFS, I work in an office of ~50 people, and I don't even know some of my coworkers. And I know almost none of the off site consultants who show up maybe once every couple weeks and have full time jobs elsewhere, like McNally does.

I agree, because if he categorically denied knowing the guy ("Jim McNally?" "Jimmy?" "The guy in this picture?"), I question his intelligence more than his innocence.

In other words, i can't believe he'd do that.

And to the public, would you agree that this one point might well be the most damning "rumor" to get out there?

3 major points need to be addressed, IMO:

Brady not knowing McNally
"The deflator"
"Make sure you blow up the ball to look like a rugby ball so tom can get used to it before sunday"

Considering that that's what everyone seems to be using as proof that Brady was lying and hiding something, it should be item 1A that requires answering. All Yee has to say is "the guy is a part-time game day employee, who was on the premises 8-10 times per year during the hours leading up to games when Brady is at his most focused and most determined to block out outside distractions. Why would he know McNally, any more than he 'knows' the dozens of other game day employees who are around the stadium from time to time?"

I assume that's at the core of all of this--the alternative is that Brady is, in fact, lying--and it's an easy case to make. The fact that Wells didn't find it plausible is laughable and demonstrates his clear bias. FFS, I work in an office of ~50 people, and I don't even know some of my coworkers. And I know almost none of the off site consultants who show up maybe once every couple weeks and have full time jobs elsewhere, like McNally does.

McNally's nickname is "Bird", apparently (per Zolak). Tom could, possibly, have known "Bird", and not "McNally".

stewart is a blowhard. is this worth watching? lol

Not really. It's typical infotainment, pandering to the New York crowd (and I say this as someone who generally likes the Daily Show for what it is > heavily slanted satire that way too often mistakes itself for real news).

Although at the end he at least admits that he would think this was all overblown nonsense if Brady was the Giants' QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down