PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots played better defensively in the 4th quarter than it seemed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Because I don't always look at everything as sunny and rosey. Nobody has yet to refute my statement that the D is still poor on the road. Giving up 31 points in one half is very poor.
Ha, well at least you admit it. We knew it all along. You're like Felger and Mazz. It's like you say you love your wife and kids, then you spend the next 4 hours nitpicking everything you dont like about them and everything they do wrong. I dunno, maybe you're good luck. The Pats have flipped the switch ever since you showed up here.

Ha, well at least you admit it. We knew it all along. You're like Felger and Mazz. It's like you say you love your wife and kids, then you spend the next 4 hours not nitpicking everything you dont like about them and everything they do wrong. I dunno, maybe you're good luck. The Pats have flipped the switch ever since you showed up here.
I’m pretty sure everyone here understands this guy isn’t a patriots fan and is just here to troll.

Correct. Because I don't always look at everything as sunny and rosey. Nobody has yet to refute my statement that the D is still poor on the road. Giving up 31 points in one half is very poor.

Your implications about the D are obvious, even though you won’t come out and say it. You’re implying that because the D on the road is not as strong, they will lose the SB, just like you said about the KC game. Any real Patriots fan (not you) knows that the D is playing a lot better than it did earlier in the season. Yes, they gave up a lot of points to KC in the second half but that was against best offense in the league - maybe the best we’ve seen in years. And guess what? 75% of the fans in the SB are going to be Pats fans. If they win, are you going to tell us how great the Pats are (jumping back on the bandwagon) or are you going to tell us that the Pats would have lost if it were a real road game?

Last edited:
Like i said in the other thread this was where hfa really played a part. Without the turnovers , 4th down stop, and home cooking this game is a rout. We play much cleaner at home and I don’t think we lose the turnover battle or officiating at Gillette which is what kept kc in the game.

But thats also where having legit explosive wrs helps. They got the chunk plays which clearly leaves more room for error. Our offense while efficient requires absolute precision for such a higher percentage of plays in order to score. unless the run game totally dominates which while effective, Was far from dominant.

Last edited:
Yep. What concerns me if that the Chiefs did all of this without a run game.

The Chiefs "did all of this without a run game" lmfao. The Chiefs running game (4.8 YPC) was ranked right behind the 'elite' 4th place Rams (4.9 YPC). The Chiefs had just come off laying 180 running yards on the Colts 6th ranked run D.
The 5.1 YPC that 'elite' Rams D was also the worst against the run in the league.

Do you football at all little guy? Or do you just watch bspn?

He tried to make an argument. Mahomes comp %, penalties, etc. I don't fault him for that.

But I think its been concluded the 2nd 1/2 D was shredded.

Half the Chiefs yard came on penalties. Just a lot of stupid mistakes and ticky-tack calls. I don’t know if I agree the D was “shredded” in the 2nd half.

Half the Chiefs yard came on penalties. Just a lot of stupid mistakes and ticky-tack calls. I don’t know if I agree the D was “shredded” in the 2nd half.
I agree on some of the penalties/pick plays but they allowed 31 points 2nd 1/2 points. Stupid mistakes, lack of pressure, etc. Points are points.

What should not be glossed over is their defense in the 1st 1/2. It was incredible.

Chiefs score 35 a game and we allowed 31 and won the ballgame.

Mission accomplished.

I agree on some of the penalties/pick plays but they allowed 31 points 2nd 1/2 points. Stupid mistakes, lack of pressure, etc. Points are points.

What should not be glossed over is their defense in the 1st 1/2. It was incredible.

Chiefs score 35 a game and we allowed 31 and won the ballgame.

Mission accomplished.

But why complain about giving that many points to such an incredible offense?

tenor.gif

But why complain about giving that many points to such an incredible offense?
Agree. I'm the one complaining. All year this Pats D has on average allowed 2.2 points less than what the opposing team averaged.

Chiefs scored 35 and they allowed 31.

They did their job.

Last edited:
And tough to be a troll when I live in an luxurious house. Swimming pool in the back. Six bedrooms. Cars. Women.

Just like every other teenager on the internet. Do you drive the Aventador or the Veyron to school?

Because if they shut them out in the first half, how do they come out and give up 31 in one quarter? I question if BB/Flores let their foot off the gas, or maybe players did not adjust to the Chiefs.

The Chiefs made adjustments per Andy Reid. Do you really think you are going to shut down the best offense in the league for 4 quarters? I suppose you are upset that the Pats gave up 28 points to the Falcons in the Super Bowl...

I suppose you are upset that the Pats gave up 28 points to the Falcons in the Super Bowl...

It's a safer bet the little troll was upset the Pats didn't give up 60 ;)

Can you go away for the next 2 weeks and leave the forum to pats fans as their team prepares for the SB? Surely your team has a message board you can go post on.

Maybe he's a good luck charm. He reminds me of an Indiot who came to the Pats board after 2002 when I was an AOLe. That guy figured the Pats were done winning so he camped out on the Pats board to celebrate our pending demise and PEDton's dominance over Brady. Here we are 4 Lombardis and 8 Hunt trophy's later. Woops.

Because if they shut them out in the first half, how do they come out and give up 31 in one quarter? I question if BB/Flores let their foot off the gas, or maybe players did not adjust to the Chiefs.

lets not make it more than it was. The Chiefs benefited from 2 ticky tack DPI fouls one in the end zone. Pats gave up 3 chunk plays not long drives.

Pats dominated this game even with officiating being lopsided. If they played tomorrow they’d blow them out on the scoreboard too.

So as long a they marched down the field on penalties we were committing it still means defense played great, since defense should only be judged on plays it didn't commit penalties on.

WAIT WHAT?!?!

That's not even close to what I said or implied.

I'm a little more sympathetic to the OP than others. The way I understood the post was that the defense wasn't necessarily gassed, or that Mahomes had cracked the code on their scheme, but that they'd remained competitive apart from ill timed penalties, so they had a shot at a stop in overtime. This seemed directed at Chiefs fans who claimed that if they won the coin toss, it's game over in their favor.

Where I diverge is that we can't possibly call it good defense, since they didn't do their job (even if that pick play was egregious). To their credit, however, they weren't outmanned, and I think Flores would have come up with a decent playcall to get a stop if they stopped the sloppy penalties. But that's pure conjuncture.

Thankfully, none of this matters. SB bound, baby!

This is what I was getting at. I don't think it was good defense, just better than it seemed at the time. In my opinion, of course.

I love all these newbies starting threads....

I think it's maybe the second one I've started. I've lurked here for a couple years. I debated whether to start the thread or just leave my observations in another one, just decided to go for it. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back