PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread The Official Preseason Week 1 Game That I’ll Turn Off After the Starters Are Pulled Game Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really just want to see a lot of long FG attempts this particular game.

Jones looked good. “Easy” passes aren’t really easy…they just look that way when someone knows what they’re doing in the pocket and processing the defense.

I’ve never been concerned about the distance of passes and if someone can “throw deep.” What interests me is the 10-15 yard ropes into tight coverage. No point forcing them if that‘s not what the defense gives you. Maybe next week we’ll see some.

Jones has a weak arm.

Harry has the speed of a turtle. Trying to clear those LB’s across the field was brutal to watch. Why they keep making him run these crossing routes is beyond me.

Michel should not be running with backup o-line.

Jones’ arm looked pretty good on the fade route to the end zone. It was a pass right on the money even if the receiver dropped it.

Non football question

Why are there so many empty seats in the stadium? Is it weather? Is there a seat restriction? Thanks for answer.

Non football question

Why are there so many empty seats in the stadium? Is it weather? Is there a seat restriction? Thanks for answer.
it's been raining on and off

I really just want to see a lot of long FG attempts this particular game.

I hate to say it but we're screwed this year. either cam is starting and we get an anemic offense or mac is starting and he's still learning the game so not an explosive offense.

Is this a troll post?
Lol. What’s trolling about it?

Arm strength has been a knock on Jones.

Are you kidding on Harry?

Michel runs better when line is at full strength. He’s not the most elusive guy and you’re asking for injury with guys running free at him.

who PAYS BB's salary and everyone else's in this gd'ed league???? WE DO!!! CHALLENGE BLOWN CALLS!!! Godammit!!! What, WE don't matter??? Screw adhering to PROPER GAME MANAGEMENT because'''wanna see adversity...gar gar gar..." plenty of adversity to go around all season but I want5 MY coach to HAVE MY FRIGGIN BACK!!
I am ecstatic to learn I'm not the only guy excited enough to get right blitzed for a preseason game.

My man Joker is with me!

I have no doubt newton starts the year and puts us in a huge hole!

but I have faith that Jones will replace him by game 6 and rescue the season for us!

Lol. What’s trolling about it?

Arm strength has been a knock on Jones.

Are you kidding on Harry?

Michel runs better when line is at full strength. He’s not the most elusive guy and you’re asking for injury with guys running free at him.

But how can you judge his arm strength on what you saw tonight. His only long pass was on the money and dropped by the receiver. All his other passes have been short to intermediate where arm strength is not an issue or less of an issue.

He definitely looks confident and ‘in command’.
can Mac play in the NFL at real game speed???

YES. THAT question is answered. Theyt'll continue building his knowledge base and start Cam to begin the season, I think. As a Pats fan, I'd love to see him start right from the jump but maybe that's not the most prudent idea this early on. Still, we HAVE our future. You gotta feel good about that

Come on, I could've handed off three times.

good rush by Perkins

Mac is in a different situation than Brady. The QB ahead of him is full of question marks. And this team I think has more expectations than the 2000 Patriots. The chance of Jones playing this year are well above what Brady’s were. But the best thing is the game does not seem to big for Jones. He is calm and appears to be a leader. And seems to be a quick learner.

Perkins put that RT on skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes