PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread The Official Preseason Week 1 Game That I’ll Turn Off After the Starters Are Pulled Game Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it. We couldn't give Mac Jones the two minute drill before the half so we gave it to him now. That would mean it's Hoyer time.
too bad they cou8ldn't give him any proper blocking...ludicrous pass protection on the right edge of the line. Guess BB wanted to see how Mac handles jailbreak all out unblocked pressure

just a few half time thoughts
1. We are going to be a fine running football game with 2 fine RB's and 2 fine 3rd down backs to go along with that OL
2. I think my biggest disappointment was how our run defense was. Based on what I'd been hearing I would have liked to see a couple of no gains on WFT runs. Instead I thought the WFT ran the ball consistently well. Not that they gashed the Pats but there were too many 3-5 yd gaines
3. Jones didn't impress nor did he look horrible.

Jones completed six of eight of his first half passes (even if he wasn’t credited with one) and one of his incompletion would have been a TD with a better receiver in the first half. He wasn‘t asked to do much, but he was damn efficient.

Good drive. Sadly stalls again. That's okay. This is a good start for Jones. I'd love him to be an instant all pro but that's not happening. He looks saavy and has no issue with NFL speed or a pro offense. The weakness right now is everything on offense comes so hard. We need to scrap and fight for first downs. No big play potentail and game breakers hurt Jones there.

Great first game so far. Hopefully he takes another small step next week.

I really wish Josh would let Jones throw the ball down the field more than 5 yds
Mac has thrown the ball further than Cam this game

Davis has a good chance to make this team. Been hearing nothing but good things about him.

just a few half time thoughts
1. We are going to be a fine running football game with 2 fine RB's and 2 fine 3rd down backs to go along with that OL
2. I think my biggest disappointment was how our run defense was. Based on what I'd been hearing I would have liked to see a couple of no gains on WFT runs. Instead I thought the WFT ran the ball consistently well. Not that they gashed the Pats but there were too many 3-5 yd gaines
3. Jones didn't impress nor did he look horrible.
Maybe impress is a bit much but he's been pretty good. Lots of pressure overall. Cam, Brady, Bill & the world watching. Moving his guys around. Recognizing 2nd/3rd level. Moving the ball with backups in 90 degree weather. Quick crisp movements, running tempo. Decisiveness stood out.

Again maybe he didn't kill it but he passed every test. Bill & Josh both purposely made it hard on him. Wilkerson missed an easy 6.

Pretty good for the first time on the field.

Glad I'm wrong. Jones is back out there.

Jones has a weak arm.

Harry has the speed of a turtle. Trying to clear those LB’s across the field was brutal to watch. Why they keep making him run these crossing routes is beyond me.

Michel should not be running with backup o-line.

yes, mac daddy is still playing.

to heck with hoyer, we already know about him. if he ever sees the field as a starter, we're losing anyways.

Jones has a weak arm.

Harry has the speed of a turtle. Trying to clear those LB’s across the field was brutal to watch. Why they keep making him run these crossing routes is beyond me.

Michel should not be running with backup o-line.
Is this a troll post?

I'm looking for individual effort here in the 2nd half...who wants it 100% of the time...Davis is one of those guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes